Recent Posts

Tonya M.
on 8/4/05 3:41 pm - Citrus Heights, CA
Topic: I am challenging all of you....
Ok girls! I was looking at some profiles that are in dire need of updates. Remember that profile will help you to remember where you were, what you were thinking, your state of mind... As scrapbookers I know that these memories and thoughts will be great fodder for your WLS scrapbook. If you would like a snappy page you do not have to be good with computers as OH has the HTML Help team. Wowsers there are some talented people. Just email them at [email protected] Here is a FAQ on photos: http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/photofaq.phtml http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/photos.phtml For those of you that don't have your date of surgery & such when we look at your posts... you can add that in your personal account center. From the main page on OH... under peer support & interaction (on the left hand side) click on "update your profile". Under general info you can update things like your journal, pre/post op, BMI. In the second column is a heading titled "I've got a date" this is where you enter your surgery date & what type of surgery. You can also add your angel info. I am a profile addict. I love reading your stories... the good, the bad... I want to read it. I also love seeing how people decide to beautify it! Love to read your story, Tonya
Harriet S.
on 8/3/05 10:27 pm - Washington, DC
Topic: RE: new to scrapbooking
Thanks, Tonya N like you stated I also started out making greeting cards and soforth. But one day while at work some employees were putting together a scrapbook for our supervisor and asked for my help and I been hooked every since. At our local walmart the prints are 19 cents each, but I have shopped around and found out that costco was 2 cents cheaper than walmart. But I have found out that some of walmart scrapbook supplies are cheaper than michaels. Tonya, sometimes I find it hard to come up with a idea and layout while working on my scrapbook. Do that sometime happen to you? I have even brought the plastic templates but find out that they are for the 12X12 books and not the 8X11 books. Also does your book have to be about the same idea all the way through? Tonya, since you have been scrapping for a while have you invested in all the lates and greatest equipment / machines for scrapbooking? I just purchased the Zyron sticker maker machine, have you ever used it before? Tonya, by chance have you had your surgery yet? Thank you again for welcoming me. Harriet
Tonya M.
on 8/3/05 7:45 pm - Citrus Heights, CA
Topic: RE: new to scrapbooking
Welcome Harriet! It can be expensive. Personally, I find it cheaper to print my pictures at Sams Club. I don't know if you have aWal Mart in your area but the digital prints are only 12 cents or so... After you take into consideration ink & paper...UGH. They will probably last longer than the home printed ones anyway. Check out some of our consultants for various companies. Maybe they can hook you up with someone local to scrap with... being a hostess you can get some product for free. Many long-term consultants hold crops where they have a rotating hostess. Usually you agree to attend or at least spend $20 a month and in turn one month you get to play hostess and get the freebies. The girls are listed on the links page of the yahoo group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ohscrapbookers/ Anyway, it is definitely a fun & rewarding experience. I have been scrapping for 8-9 years now... started with making cards and stamping... moved on to scrapping. Happy scrapping, Tonya
Harriet S.
on 8/3/05 1:08 am - Washington, DC
Topic: new to scrapbooking
Hello, everyone I'm new to scrapbooking and like Tonya I'm hooked on it and I love to take pictures but sometimes I find it very exprensive buying the supplies from Michaels and printing the pictures at home myself. But like i stated before I just love doing it. I also went on line and found a lot of vendors selling scrapping supplies and some of them are cheap but the shipping cost more than the supplies. I just completed my first album for my mom's 75th birthday and I think it turned out nice but that just my opion.
Tonya M.
on 7/28/05 8:33 am - Citrus Heights, CA
Topic: RE: Hello fellow Scrapbookers
Hi Melissa! Ahhh.. EBAY is the devil... it causes me to spend WAYYYY too much money Must curb the shopping addiction I love the CTMH & Stampin Up & CM stuff... oh heck who am I kidding I love it all... Unfortunately my hands don't allow me to keep up on my scrapping too much so these swaps should start helping me out You should be very proud of your weight loss... my scale is not working. I think I burned out the battery... I am such a scale ho. Today I bought....... a pair of Levis... in a size.... 14 petite. I am so happy... I know I still have a ways to go... but I am very pleased with my progress so far. Tonya
Melissa F.
on 7/28/05 7:09 am - Bessemer, al
Topic: Hello fellow Scrapbookers
Just saying hi to everyone. I hope everyone is doing well and I wanted to let everyone know that I have found out that EBAY has some great scrapbooking supplies. I know that is crazy but I haven't been able to locate some CTMH stuff and now I know that I have a rep that is on our Yahoo group love that idea. But they are wonderful I look forward to Friday night when I get to invite a friend over and we get to scrap. Anyway look forward to talking with you guys. Oh by the way I found out today that I am down 55 LBS Wooo Hooo I have went from a 26/28 to a size 18/20. Hugs Melissa
Melissa F.
on 7/28/05 7:05 am - Bessemer, al
Topic: RE: connecticut scrapbook wls members
I am not in CT but I love to Scrapbook. We would love to hear some of your ideas. Hugs Melissa
Lauren M.
on 7/28/05 6:14 am - Plymouth, CT
Topic: connecticut scrapbook wls members
I am having a scrapbook card making party at my home on aug 6th, 9am to midnight for us addicts. there will be demos between noon and 4pm, free make and takes, etc... i am inviting any wls member to come. join me, meet and have fun. please email me if you are interested and even if you cant make it, email me anyway, i would like to meet more ct people that scrapbook like myself. have a great day Lauren 269/187/
Tonya M.
on 7/26/05 2:35 am - Citrus Heights, CA
Topic: RE: In case you missed it on the main board
Thanks Melissa, Here are some of the titles I have for fathers: Fathers ? A man's home is his castle ? Man cannot live on sports alone! ? The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. ? The way to a dad's heart is with the batting of eyelashes. ? Because I'm the dad, that's why! ? You wait until your father gets home! ? A great wife, kids and health, are a man's greatest wealth. ? HIS WIFE = his bride & joy! ? Dear old dad... ? Like father, like son! And some parenting ones: Parenting ? We've entered a changing world. ? Quit looking at me with that tone of face! ? A source of joy from beginning to end, you are our children, but also our friends. ? You can search treasure maps, and oceans so deep, my child is my diamond, forever I'll keep. ? What part of NO don't you understand? ? Parents together, a team forever. ? My child nothing could replace, the loving smile upon your face. ? One thing now we know is true, nothing's better than being parents to you. ? Our dreams came true... when we became parents to you. ? Child of God, child of mine. I have tons more... I think I posted them in the files section of the yahoo group. I have lots of quotes to.... and many Becky Higgins sketches if you want them I would be happy to email them to you. They are all in MS Word. Let me know. I am not a creative person but I copy real well Tonya
Melissa F.
on 7/25/05 11:11 pm - Bessemer, al
Topic: RE: In case you missed it on the main board
Tonya, that is incrediably funny and a wonderful idea for my pre op picture. Thanks . Any ideas on a spread about hanging with my daddy. Melissa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Scrapbooking in Houston/Galveston
AMYH-M · 2 replies · 831 views
What have you done lately?
Vickie J · 3 replies · 553 views
Hello
Miss Thang · 3 replies · 428 views
Hellooooooooooooooo Out There!
lv2beasahm · 3 replies · 405 views
Yahoo Scrapbook Group!
GigglyMarie · 1 replies · 858 views