Recent Posts

judyanne
on 10/18/05 1:33 pm - Duarte, CA
Topic: RE: Hi everyone, new here
I have pre-op pages, in hospital pages (including family in holding area, roommate, nurses, pic with surgeon,etc), pages on my two angels, monthly update pages and WOW pages. I saved everything I could think of while in the hospital. I have my IV tube (looks cute snaking around pics), heparin bottle, bandages, lemon swab packages, etc. I have taken pics of my protein shake while it is still in my Magic Bullet. I saved my "statements" from Pacific Bariatric and Scripp's Hospital that were paid by Kaiser, my insurance co. My "bills" would have been over $40,000!!! Thank goodness I have great insurance. I paid nothing! (except for prescriptions which are $10.00.) This month I am putting a pair of my new size 8 jeans on top of my size 20 jeans from 5 1/2 months ago and taking a pic. Another page will have the tags from the new jeans and a pic of me in them."Single digit sizes" I definitely will have a "CENTURY CLUB" page, hopefully by next week. Hmmmmm . . . is this enough to get you started? Just so you know, I thought I would start on the WLS scrapbook while I was recovering. However, I just started it in August. But, I had all the pics and embellishments saved in a box. I even saved my steri-strips as they fell off!! I had open RNY with no staples or drain, or I would have saved them, too!!! Judy Oh, yeah, on the first day of school, I had my picture taken with one of my 7th grade girls who weighed 85 pounds. This was the amount I had lost at that time. Cool picture and hard for me to believe that I was carrying "Maria" around with me before WLS
HeatherM
on 10/17/05 4:53 am - Macedon, NY
Topic: Hi everyone, new here
Hi! I have been posting on my state and surgery date forums, and just found this one! I am a Creative Memories Consultant and would love to meet others who are CM consultants, too. I am just starting a WLS album, and am having trouble getting started. I am doing a 7 x 7 album, and have a few pictures of me at my highest ( 297) 5 yrs ago. I avoided the camera like the plague! I started my surgery journey at 238 after losing a bunch on Weigh****chers. Should I start my album from my highest, or should I just do the surgery journey? Any thoughts? My husband has been taking a picture of me every month in the same spot by my front door, so have those, and have others from family events during the time since my surgery. What else are people putting in their albums? Heather lap RNY 6/13/05 297 high/ 238 surg/ 188 current/ 125 goal
Nancy Hall
on 10/14/05 5:29 am - Charlotte, NC
Topic: Scrapping your WLS journey SWAP
Let's get this going! Let's set up some guidelines: How about 12 X 12 pages. Please do 2 layers and an embellishment. If we can get 9 other people to sign up, we can all do 10 pages and I'll swap them so that we all have one of each. I'll need you to send postage for returning your samples. We can do Priority. Hope we can fit a 12X12 in an envie. Anyone ever done this size before? Okay, who's interested? Nancy H Approved, no date yet.
Rosa
on 10/12/05 5:52 am - Milton, DE
Topic: RE: Scrapping your WLS journey SWAP
Hi Ladies, I am scheduled for my first consultation on Nov. 4th. It can't get here soon enough! I love to scrapbook, but never thought of doing an entire scrapbook on my WLS. What a wonderful idea. Would love to join in. Also, any tips for my first appt.? Thanks and happy scrappin'!
SandyTosh
on 10/4/05 10:22 am - Jarvisburg, NC
Topic: RE: VA/DC/MD Folks
Hey Paula, I'm not in your area but if you are interested in getting together with other scrappers you can look at creativememories.com and you can look for a consultant in your area that can hook you up with a crop club. I am a Creative Memories Consultant on the Outer Banks. If you are ever in this area you can come to my crops. we have a blast. Sandy Tosh Jarvisburg North Carolina
Melissa F.
on 10/3/05 12:51 am - Bessemer, al
Topic: RE: Another Newbie!
Hi there Leslie glad to have you. I LOVE scrapping. I find time to do it. I took my kids skating Saturday night and I completed 3 pages while I was there. I can't get enough of it. I have so many pic I have to catch up on. Would love to here from you. Melissa
HollyTX
on 9/30/05 10:37 am - TX
Topic: Dallas/Fort Worth Gathering?
Does anyone care to ever get together and scrapbook, meet, talk and make new friends? Let me know! [email protected] Holly
shoutjoy
on 9/29/05 1:13 am - Culpeper, VA
Topic: VA/DC/MD Folks
Hey any of you out in the VA, DC or MD do scrapbooking? I want to get one together for my stepson as graduation gift from West Point. He is in his second year so I have time. I just have never really done it before. Any local clubs around? Paula
firemom1
on 9/28/05 2:24 am - Fort Wayne, IN
Topic: RE: Another Newbie!
Leslie Love that name-it is my sisters name. Welcome to the board. Luci
leslieg
on 9/27/05 5:11 pm - Cheswick, PA
Topic: Another Newbie!
Hi Everyone! I am new to this board. I love scrapping, I just wish I had more time to do it. I promised my sister an album from her wedding in August, so that is my current project. I just updated my OH profile to look like a scrapbook since I probably won't have time right now to make a "real" one of my journey. I am pretty busy with work and kids...probably like a lot of you! Well, I just wanted to pop in and say hello. Wishing you all a wonderful journey! Leslie 309/241/150
Most Active
Recent Topics
Scrapbooking in Houston/Galveston
AMYH-M · 2 replies · 831 views
What have you done lately?
Vickie J · 3 replies · 553 views
Hello
Miss Thang · 3 replies · 428 views
Hellooooooooooooooo Out There!
lv2beasahm · 3 replies · 405 views
Yahoo Scrapbook Group!
GigglyMarie · 1 replies · 858 views