Recent Posts

judyanne
on 1/15/06 1:22 am - Duarte, CA
Topic: RE: Finally had surgery!!!!!
Tonya, I haven't logged onto the scrapbook site in quite a while. So glad to hear that you have had your surgery. WAY TO GO, GIRL! How are you feeling? Judy
Big Bird
on 1/14/06 3:00 am - atlanta, GA
Topic: RE: Has anyone done a WLS scrapbook?
I am getting ready right now. All I have is a color scheme.
judyanne
on 1/11/06 12:41 pm - Duarte, CA
I will have to post pictures of the pages I have done. I have "before" pictures, of course. While in the hospital I saved EVERYTHING! I have the Heperin bottles (good for fairy dust), the rubber strips used for taking blood (used in place of ribbons), all hospital bills, etc, lemon swab packages, pics, IV tubes, steri-strips as they fell off, etc. I saved it all and the nurses and docs loved to help me save it. Now I make sure I have at least a two-page spread at each month. I even have pages of major milestones - Century Club, 100 pounds lost, single digit clothes. I am having a ball! Judy
Tairie G.
on 1/9/06 3:03 pm - Loxley, AL
I am still pre-op but I have already started mine. I put pictures of my OH gatherings in it, I have a page that list my top 10 things I wish why I had the surgery, as well as a page about my daughter, one of the biggest reasons why having the surgery is important to my 5 year old. I also put before pictures in it to remind myself of where I started at. I have included a page a with me and my sister in it. She had wls surgery about a year and a half ago and has been my inspiration. I can't wait to start filling it with post op pages. My books title is "My WLS Journey: Its all in the Attitude" Tairie
antykat
on 1/7/06 10:27 pm - Owatonna, MN
Good luck on your scrapbook! I'm planning to do one too...try to use my monthly pictures and although I didn't keep a journal...I plan to do some writing about how my life has changed, how I feel, etc. I do have a title though (and if you like it I'd be pleased to share it with you) ....it's "Journey to Small". I always take pictures at my monthly support group and plan to include pictures of them too...as well as other WLS friends I've made. I wish I'd taken a picture of my surgeon...but guess I can do that in March when I see him for my 'one year' check up. I'd love to hear what kinds of ideas you have for your scrapbook. It's fun to read the replies to your letter....everyone has such great ideas! Again, good luck! ~Kathy~
Dakotaoh
on 1/5/06 12:12 am - Ft. Mitchell, KY
Best wishes to you as you embark on your new life! I can relate to your story and wish you the best. Life as a thinner person is definitely worth everything that you go through to get there. I think that we who were obese appreciate life so much more then the so called normal people who have never had to struggle with obesity. Enjoy your new life!
Dakotaoh
on 1/5/06 12:09 am - Ft. Mitchell, KY
I've done mine! I have always loved Snow White and used that as a theme for the princess that I always wanted to be. Used all of the drawfs as emotional icons. Used Doc to make a page for my surgeon, Grumpy for one of my bad days, Happy for the new me and so on. I started my book with a baby pic of me and ended it with a 2005 pic of me and Santa. I love the way it turned out. I had pics taken every month after my WLS and my book turned into an epic! Its huge but I am thrilled with it. I had moments of sadness while doing my book, seeing where I was, and how much time that I lost being so big and unable to do the things that make me so happy now. Hope this helps! Good luck! Cathy
telsll
on 1/2/06 11:16 pm - Lusby, MD
Hi Em, I had such big plans to accomplish a WLS scrapbook. Life, however, got in my way. Never did set the time aside to do one and could now kick myself in the butt. No advice or ideas to share, but just wanted to wish you the best of luck. It will be a great motivator as you travel through life. TraciL
emmyjmommy
on 1/1/06 10:44 pm - Montgomery, AL
Topic: Has anyone done a WLS scrapbook?
I am getting ready to begin a WLS scrapbook, and was wondering if anyone had done one...if so, do you have any ideas you would be willing to share? Thanks, ~~em
Tarajalene
on 12/5/05 12:36 am - Green River, WY
Tonya- I am so happy for you. I am somewhat new to this site but, have found it very helpful. I am currently waiting to hear back from my insurance co. I am fairly sure that I am approved it's the waiting that makes it so hard. I congraulate you on the incredible journey that you are about to embark on. I am excited for the day that I can say the same thing. Tara
Most Active
Recent Topics
Scrapbooking in Houston/Galveston
AMYH-M · 2 replies · 831 views
What have you done lately?
Vickie J · 3 replies · 553 views
Hello
Miss Thang · 3 replies · 428 views
Hellooooooooooooooo Out There!
lv2beasahm · 3 replies · 405 views
Yahoo Scrapbook Group!
GigglyMarie · 1 replies · 858 views