Gaining weight

LuciMalin
on 4/20/06 7:56 am - North Salt Lake, UT
I need help to get on the bandwagon again. I can't eat a lot but I can eat almost anything. I can't believe I didn't eat any bread, pasta, white carbs for 18 months! How did I do that? I don't have to eat much to gain weight and now that I have started I feel like The Hulk - I'm rapidly returning to being a fat person. I swore this would never happen to me! Anyone have adivce or in the same boat? Thanks LM
Andre S.
on 4/21/06 1:22 pm - Salt Lake City, UT
Hey Lucia, I wish you had more info on your profile to see how things have gone. First thing that came to mind is that if you're gaining weight then you're taking in more calories than your burning. Maybe look at how much and/or the quality of food being taken in. Keep a food journal and go to Fitday.com and see exactly what it is all adding up to. Second, make sure you're getting your water in, lots of it, and for sure your protein. Third suggestion? Exersize more with cardio and weight resistance. Fourth, which should be first really....see your doctor and maybe get a fill. You can always get back on track at anytime with the band. Just get a fill. Where are you in your journey? I don't know if you've hit your ideal weight and just added a few lbs or you have added 30lbs. Go back to the basics that got you this far is my final answer. Good luck, let me know how you're doing. Later, Andre
Mariah
on 4/21/06 7:23 pm - Richmond, IN
Emily, I have just started one. I ordered my album from qvc. I know its an 8x8 album/day planner so I started my begining pages this week. Last week I had my first seminar and dr visit. Then this week I had to see the shrink. So I had my husband take pictures of the drs office with me in front of it as I opened the door for the first time.....The begining of the journey... I have pamphlets and paperwork I put on the background of the layouts. Im doing mine on the order of a dayplanner with one side a Monthly Calander and the other side of the page for pictures. Im filling the calander out with wts and bmi and workouts. I did love the idea the lady had of Snow White but I wasnt that creative when I started mine to actually have a theme. My favorite color is green and so is this album I ordered. I would like to have had that idea and named the dwarfs.. waterman, protienboy and whatever else will be fitting us postop. Good luck with yours and as I work on mine more I will pass along any WOW ideas I come up with.
KC
on 6/18/06 3:05 pm - Houston, TX
I'm glad I saw that - I need to do this. I have some before photos - ones taken at Easter and my dd's confirmation and I look horribly fat. I'll get some more photos taken tomorrow and surgery is on Tuesday! Wahoo! I like the monthly photo idea and I think I'll add monthly weight and measurements. This will be for my eyes only -- until I am showing progress and then I'll probably be showing it to everyone. I have a 9x9 CTMH linen album in my favorite shade of green that will be perfect! Thanks for the ideas!
slopez384
on 6/23/06 12:54 pm - Moreno Valley, CA
# 1 in my book is support group meetings. Yes talking here is great. But getting up in fround of a group of people who have had WLS and telling the truth is what keeps me in line. So find a support group and go. And remember you can start over today and get back on track. Good luck, Sharon Lopez from California
Most Active
Recent Topics
Scrapbooking in Houston/Galveston
AMYH-M · 2 replies · 831 views
What have you done lately?
Vickie J · 3 replies · 553 views
Hello
Miss Thang · 3 replies · 428 views
Hellooooooooooooooo Out There!
lv2beasahm · 3 replies · 405 views
Yahoo Scrapbook Group!
GigglyMarie · 1 replies · 858 views