Howdy, everyone!!!

Trisha
on 9/17/05 3:17 pm - Glendale, AZ
Sorry I've been MIA the last couple months. Things have been so busy in my life and my time online has been dramatically cut. How are you all doing? An update on me. I finally got a new job and am FINALLY using my degree. Yay!! I'm an editor for a newswire agency. My shift is 5:00am-1:30pm. I know. That's early!! Once daylight savings come I'll be working 6:00am-2:30pm. (Arizona doesn't have DST, so we adjust our schedules with the other national offices that do.) I had been trying to get a job for the past 2 years, and when I was called in for interviews I think, make that I KNOW, my MO prevented me from getting jobs. I remember one interview when three people were interviewing me around this round table, and one of the interviewers *****ally didn't say much but was there and she was to the right of me. When I looked at her she was not looking at my eyes, but rather my stomach, hips, back, legs, feet, etc. Then when she knew I was looking at her as I was answering questions (looked to all 3 of them), she would slowly move her eyes up to mine. I'm like " i so hate you right now ". Interviewing when MO is very hard and only really wonderful employers who aren't so superficial hire us. But I've lost almost 100 lbs now and I think that confidence comes out. (Even though I thought I was confident before.) Plus I don't look like I would break a chair now when I go in to interviews. Also got a new car this past week. Was going to have my car towed in to my mechanic to have three things fixed. The estimate of everything came out to be over $1500. I'm like forget this, it'll be cheaper to buy a new car. Well, that's exactly what I did. I went to a lot, knew what I wanted and drove away the same day with a car with no money down that same day. What was EXCITING for me was leaving there with a FULL tank of gas. I'm like yay! Free gas. So I'm driving everywhere these last couple of days and enjoying my new car. I got home tonight and I look at the gas gage and I'm 1/2 full now. I'm like wow, that didn't take long. Gas prices have come down a bit since a couple weeks ago, but it's still around $2.95 a gallon. Ouch! I haven't been scrapbooking lately, but I have been making cards. I went to a make-and-take class a couple weeks ago with a couple of friends and it was fun!! Keep meaning to work on my WLS scrapbook, but haven't even started it yet. I have things ready to go for it, but just need to print out some pictures and put it all together. Anyone still up right now? It's 10:16 here. Trisha -98 lbs
judyanne
on 9/17/05 4:15 pm - Duarte, CA
Hi Trish! I'm so glad you posted. I've been worried about you. Congrats on your weightloss. You are so close to the century club. You look fabulous! I still have 9 pounds to go 'til I'm in the century club. Then it is only another 9 to goal. I feel great and I'm sure you do, too. So happy to hear that you have a new job. Must be wonderful to be working in your chosen field. I'm sure you will be a real asset. Judy(whoisalsointocardslately)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Scrapbooking in Houston/Galveston
AMYH-M · 2 replies · 831 views
What have you done lately?
Vickie J · 3 replies · 553 views
Hello
Miss Thang · 3 replies · 428 views
Hellooooooooooooooo Out There!
lv2beasahm · 3 replies · 405 views
Yahoo Scrapbook Group!
GigglyMarie · 1 replies · 858 views