Scrapping your WLS journey SWAP

Nancy Hall
on 9/5/05 8:52 am - Charlotte, NC
Anyone out there interested in a swap with pages to record your WLS journey? I was thinking that we could pick certain milestones and have pages representing those milestones and have folks choose a 1 or 2 page spread of that milestone. Anyone game?
Dakotaoh
on 9/8/05 12:16 am - Ft. Mitchell, KY
Sounds like fun to me. I've been working on mine recently and although I'm not an expert at scrapping, I enjoy doing it. Count me in!
judyanne
on 9/9/05 2:26 pm - Duarte, CA
Hmmmm . . . sounds great! However, my WLS scrapbook is started - about 32 pages so far - and is 12x12. What size did you have in mind? Judy
Nancy Hall
on 9/10/05 6:46 am - Charlotte, NC
12 X 12 is cool with me. Just thought it would be a great way to share our skills and celebrate our journey. Since you already have so many pages, maybe you could help me as a pre-op determine all of the milestones we could use.
Trisha
on 9/17/05 3:17 pm - Glendale, AZ
How would we mail 12x12's???
Susan "Losin"
on 6/15/06 5:27 am - Parkersburg, WV
A medium sized pizza box works pretty well. I go to a local shop and ask to buy clean ones. They only charge like 1.00 each.
judyanne
on 9/12/05 1:44 pm - Duarte, CA
I have pre-op pages, in hospital pages (including family in holding area, roommate, nurses, pic with surgeon,etc), pages on my two angels, monthly update pages and WOW pages. I saved everything I could think of while in the hospital. I have my IV tube (looks cute snaking around pics), heparin bottle, bandages, lemon swab packages, etc. I have taken pics of my protein shake while it is still in my Magic Bullet. I saved my "statements" from Pacific Bariatric and Scripp's Hospital that were paid by Kaiser, my insurance co. My "bills" would have been over $40,000!!! Thank goodness I have great insurance. I paid nothing! (except for prescriptions which are $10.00.) This month I am putting a pair of my new size 10 jeans on top of my size 20 jeans from 4 1/2 months ago and taking a pic. Another page will have the tags from the new jeans and a pic of me in them. I definitely will have a "CENTURY CLUB" page, hopefully by next month. Hmmmmm . . . is this enough to get you started? Just so you know, I thought I would start on the WLS scrapbook while I was recovering. However, I just started it in August. But, I had all the pics and embellishments saved in a box. Judy
judyanne
on 9/12/05 1:56 pm - Duarte, CA
Forgot to mention that I even saved my steri-strips as they fell off!! I had open RNY with no staples or drain, or I would have saved them, too!!! Judy
Nancy Hall
on 9/14/05 1:47 am - Charlotte, NC
How was your Open RNY? That's what I am looking at.
judyanne
on 9/14/05 3:26 am - Duarte, CA
Because I had a previous open hysterectomy, the surgeon felt it necessary to do the RNY open, also. I was happy with the decision after doing a lot of research. I had no problems at all. In fact, I am a stomach sleeper and was very comfortable on my stomach before leaving the hospital. It was the IV line that was uncomfortable! Judy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Scrapbooking in Houston/Galveston
AMYH-M · 2 replies · 831 views
What have you done lately?
Vickie J · 3 replies · 553 views
Hello
Miss Thang · 3 replies · 428 views
Hellooooooooooooooo Out There!
lv2beasahm · 3 replies · 405 views
Yahoo Scrapbook Group!
GigglyMarie · 1 replies · 858 views