new to scrapbooking

Harriet S.
on 8/3/05 1:08 am - Washington, DC
Hello, everyone I'm new to scrapbooking and like Tonya I'm hooked on it and I love to take pictures but sometimes I find it very exprensive buying the supplies from Michaels and printing the pictures at home myself. But like i stated before I just love doing it. I also went on line and found a lot of vendors selling scrapping supplies and some of them are cheap but the shipping cost more than the supplies. I just completed my first album for my mom's 75th birthday and I think it turned out nice but that just my opion.
Tonya M.
on 8/3/05 7:45 pm - Citrus Heights, CA
Welcome Harriet! It can be expensive. Personally, I find it cheaper to print my pictures at Sams Club. I don't know if you have aWal Mart in your area but the digital prints are only 12 cents or so... After you take into consideration ink & paper...UGH. They will probably last longer than the home printed ones anyway. Check out some of our consultants for various companies. Maybe they can hook you up with someone local to scrap with... being a hostess you can get some product for free. Many long-term consultants hold crops where they have a rotating hostess. Usually you agree to attend or at least spend $20 a month and in turn one month you get to play hostess and get the freebies. The girls are listed on the links page of the yahoo group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ohscrapbookers/ Anyway, it is definitely a fun & rewarding experience. I have been scrapping for 8-9 years now... started with making cards and stamping... moved on to scrapping. Happy scrapping, Tonya
Harriet S.
on 8/3/05 10:27 pm - Washington, DC
Thanks, Tonya N like you stated I also started out making greeting cards and soforth. But one day while at work some employees were putting together a scrapbook for our supervisor and asked for my help and I been hooked every since. At our local walmart the prints are 19 cents each, but I have shopped around and found out that costco was 2 cents cheaper than walmart. But I have found out that some of walmart scrapbook supplies are cheaper than michaels. Tonya, sometimes I find it hard to come up with a idea and layout while working on my scrapbook. Do that sometime happen to you? I have even brought the plastic templates but find out that they are for the 12X12 books and not the 8X11 books. Also does your book have to be about the same idea all the way through? Tonya, since you have been scrapping for a while have you invested in all the lates and greatest equipment / machines for scrapbooking? I just purchased the Zyron sticker maker machine, have you ever used it before? Tonya, by chance have you had your surgery yet? Thank you again for welcoming me. Harriet
Most Active
Recent Topics
Scrapbooking in Houston/Galveston
AMYH-M · 2 replies · 831 views
What have you done lately?
Vickie J · 3 replies · 553 views
Hello
Miss Thang · 3 replies · 428 views
Hellooooooooooooooo Out There!
lv2beasahm · 3 replies · 405 views
Yahoo Scrapbook Group!
GigglyMarie · 1 replies · 858 views