Stampin' and the need for Chocolate!

Jennifer U.
on 5/27/05 5:05 am - Rosemount, MN
Hmmm. When the girls and I get together to stamp...we usually snack and well chocolate is a staple in any of the stampin groups I belong to. So the next party is at my house on June 18th...any and all are invited if your in my neck of the woods... Its usually M&M's in a LARGE dish in the middle of our tables. I have caught myself reaching for them last week at a friends house. Its really weird to automatically reach for them without thinking. I have warned my partners in stampin' crime, there won't be chocolate at my house. Some know about my RNY some don't... I don't know what to put out on the tables as snacks. I tell myself while at others houses "I am not hungry"..over and over again. So do you all munch while your working....? When I am home alone (minus my immediate family) I am so engrossed in my projects that I don't eat or drink at all...But when I am with my cohearts, we snack...laugh...snack...stamp...snack.... What should I put out to snack on...I am really afraid - what if I don't catch myself...out of habit ya know??? Ugh...the life a stamper is never easy! xoxoxojenn PS: Hope you all have a fantastic Memorial weekend! Happy stampin' or scrapin'!
taysmommy
on 5/27/05 7:23 am - Ironton, MO
At all the parties I've been to, we've always had snacks in another room. That way we didn't get anything on our pages or pictures. And you could serve healthy snacks....fruits, veggies...that kinda stuff. Hope you have fun! Amanda
Trisha
on 5/28/05 2:16 pm - Glendale, AZ
Don't put snacks on the table that way you are less likely to reach for them. We always have ours in the kitchen counters so people have to leave table to eat. Plus you don't want greasy fingers and such (M&M's do melt in your hands! haha) Instead of M&M's, have chex mix, crackers & cheese, Breyers Sugar Free Ice cream (keep in freezer and pull out for a special snack time as a break in the marathon), peanuts, chips & salsa, etc. Just find food that YOU can eat at your stage right now and put that food out. You can still offer M&M's, but just don't have them on the table at all,and have someone take them home or throw them out after the marathon is over. Hugs, Trisha
Tonya M.
on 5/30/05 1:56 am - Citrus Heights, CA
I have to echo everyone we never eat at the scrapping table... don't want to get anything on our pages & pictures. As far as snacks go... maybe some nuts... or keep your water and keep on saying I'm not hungry. You need to have a TON of self-control to not accidentally reach for goodies so either keep goodies around that you don't like or that won't hurt you if you eat them. Whatever you do don't try chips (if you haven't already) especially Pringles or pringles like chips as they mush to nothing & you can eat a ton... ok a ton for us post-ops Since your girls like chocolate maybe some chocolates that are wrapped... miniature candy bars... you will have to think about what you are doing & unwrap it before you can eat it. That might stop the reach & toss back syndrome.
Jennifer U.
on 5/30/05 12:32 pm - Rosemount, MN
I know what you all mean by keeping the junk food and our precious projects seperated.... But it must be a Stampin' thing....just a nibble in between glue... xoxoxojenn
Most Active
Recent Topics
Scrapbooking in Houston/Galveston
AMYH-M · 2 replies · 831 views
What have you done lately?
Vickie J · 3 replies · 553 views
Hello
Miss Thang · 3 replies · 428 views
Hellooooooooooooooo Out There!
lv2beasahm · 3 replies · 405 views
Yahoo Scrapbook Group!
GigglyMarie · 1 replies · 858 views