Update - Chest Pains

Trisha
on 5/26/05 4:10 pm - Glendale, AZ
ll, I went to my PCP today and my BP was normal (120/78) and my EKG was normal. She listened to my heart and lungs, normal, normal, normal. She is referring me out to a cardiologist to do a stress test - I did that pre-op - so am not too worried about that. She doesn't think it's my heart, but wants to make absolutely sure. I'm all for that. She also felt around my abdoment and the area where my gallbladder is is very tender when she pressed down on it. She was not sure if it was my gall bladder or tenderness because that's where I was cut for operation. However, none of my other sites were sore/tender. She then pressed against my upper abdominal area - just under my sternum and that was tender too. So I have to go and get an ultrasound of my gallbladder. They also did some blood work today. If both my heart tests and ultrasound tests come back negative, then she'll have me do an upper gi and maybe an endoscopy to see what's going on. She wants me to go ahead and start taking "the little purple pill" prilosec to protect my esophagus and such just in case it is GERD or something. So I'm going to buy that tomorrow and get started on it. Other than those two scary episodes (Friday, Tuesday), I've been fine. What's reassuring is that she doesn't think it's my heart, which is great!! Ugh!! Gallbladder is fixable, even though I dont' want another operation or anything. But hopefully whatever is wrong will just go away and not come back. Thanks for your words of encouragement and prayer. I appreciate it! I'll keep you posted as I find out more. Hugs, Trisha
Tonya M.
on 5/27/05 2:48 am - Citrus Heights, CA
So glad to hear your doctors are acting on this. The reason I am so adamant that women take care of their hearts is that my mother died of a massive heart attack when she was just 44 years old. This was a few days after Mothers Day 7 years ago. Many times she was told you are just having anxiety attacks. She was not overweight... always well within the normal range. She didn't have high blood pressure... no high cholesterol.... nothing. When they opened her up for the autopsy (she died at home) they said that it was apparent from her heart that she had several major heart attacks in the past. Probably starting at a fairly young age. So in a nutshell... to all women... take care of your hearts! Now on to Trisha... I hope that it is just your gall bladder... The pain from your gall bladder can sometimes feel like a stabbing pain... sometimes an ache. Usually it lasts longer than a few minutes but sometimes not. If it is your gall bladder at least they are catching it early. The pain I had from my gall bladder attacks was worse than anything I can imagine.... and I have 2 kids... one natural & one c-section. I would rather deliver 17 kids without an epidural than ever have that pain again. Anyway... take care of yourself! Tonya
Most Active
Recent Topics
Scrapbooking in Houston/Galveston
AMYH-M · 2 replies · 831 views
What have you done lately?
Vickie J · 3 replies · 553 views
Hello
Miss Thang · 3 replies · 428 views
Hellooooooooooooooo Out There!
lv2beasahm · 3 replies · 405 views
Yahoo Scrapbook Group!
GigglyMarie · 1 replies · 858 views