Chest Pains

Trisha
on 5/25/05 3:17 pm - Glendale, AZ
I'm going to my PCP Thursday at 1:30 to follow up on 2 episodes of chest pains I had recently. Friday I was out on my lunch break doing errands and all of a sudden my chest felt like someone was crushing it - the pain was between my breasts - in that area - whatever it's called....chest.... anyway, I got shortness of breath. My stomach was empty - hadn't eaten anything in 2 hours and had water in me. After pain kept getting worse, I finally started heading towards ER and then pain went away. I was fine and it was as if nothing happened. Weird. So everything's been fine since then, but then yesterday (Tuesday) I'm at my desk working - nothing stressful or anything, and that HORRIBLE crushing chest pain comes again. So I go to a dark conference room and lay down for a few minutes and then the pain goes away. So I call Dr. Fang because twice in 4 days is a bit much and I have no heart or pulmonary issue history. My BP is 120/65 lately - which is good. So I call him and they put me through to him right away - chest pains get's ya through I guess - and I tell him what happened. He said his first thought was pulmonary embolism - blood clot in my lungs - but if it was that - the pain wouldnt' have gone away in a few minutes like mine did. He wonders if it's my heart. I'm like SHUT UP! LOL (I didn't say that) Anyway, he said my BP is normal, but to go to ER if it happens again, but to call my PCP asap and get in for an appt for EKG and stuff. He said that it's best if I have an EKG when the episode happens that way they know if it's my heart or not. I'm like, there's only been two episodes and they only lasted 5-10 minutes. And I told him on both occassions I hadn't eaten anything before it happened or anything. It just came up all of a sudden. VERY SCARY!! It was like someone was sitting on my chest and crushing me and I couldnt' breath. Very freaky. So I called my PCP yesterday and have an appt with her on Thursday at 1:30 to see what is going on. I know I'm going to go in and BP and EKG will be normal. Ugh. Maybe I'm just running around too much and I need to slow things down. My body isn't used to me being so busy I guess. But don't freak out, I really doubt it's my heart. I didn't have heart issues or high BP before surgery and I'm 60 lbs lighter now so you'd think my heart would be grateful. I'll write you all again after my appointment with my PCP tomorrow. Keep me in your prayers please. Thanks so much!! Hugs, Trisha
telsll
on 5/25/05 11:50 pm - Lusby, MD
Trisha, best of luck at the Doc's. Very scary, but praying that all will turn out fine. Keep us updated. Take care, TraciL
Tonya M.
on 5/26/05 1:28 am - Citrus Heights, CA
trisha, Oh I hope things go well for you. You do need to make sure you take it seriously and that your doctors take you seriously. It could simply be anxiety attacks, but then again maybe not. I hope all goes well at the doctors. Tonya
firemom1
on 5/26/05 2:31 am - Fort Wayne, IN
Keep us posted. Praying they can find out what it is. Luci
cflater
on 5/26/05 4:26 am - Bel Air, MD
Trisha, NEVER - NEVER - NEVER take chest pains less than seriously! They usually are from something minor but you must check. A blood clot in the lung causes excruciating pain (stabbing); it isn't usually pressure. It is checked easily with CT scan or VQ scan. Isn't it wierd that you are doing so wonderfully losing weight and seem to have a health problem arise? Go figure. Take care. Hopefully, you won't have to deal with that again. Cheryl
Most Active
Recent Topics
Scrapbooking in Houston/Galveston
AMYH-M · 2 replies · 831 views
What have you done lately?
Vickie J · 3 replies · 553 views
Hello
Miss Thang · 3 replies · 428 views
Hellooooooooooooooo Out There!
lv2beasahm · 3 replies · 405 views
Yahoo Scrapbook Group!
GigglyMarie · 1 replies · 858 views