Favorite things....

Tonya M.
on 5/24/05 10:45 am - Citrus Heights, CA
Ok I love to scrapbook.. we all do.. or are learning to. What do you like to look for in scrapbooking? I love fonts! I do most of my journaling on the computer & print it out. The font I use has to fit my page. Hi my name is Tonya and I am a font addict! I also love quotes. I just found some wonderful dieting quotes at quotegarden.com and am thinking of pages for them! Lastly, I am a collector... I have pounds of paper, all kinds of adhesive, tons of scissors (from way back when they were cool), every embellishment known to man, a plethora of pens, stickers galore, and more diecuts than Michaels. I have enough stuff to make dozens of scrapbooks yet I can't stop buying. I am so bad I will see a sticker and think... oh wow I could use that for..... and apparently I thought that before because it is already in my binder when I get home. tell me about your addictions. Tonya
Jennifer U.
on 5/24/05 10:38 pm - Rosemount, MN
Tonya, Oh boy do I hear ya....I think in the begining I spent more time buying and organizing then I did scrapbooking. It is hard to stop spending and shopping...especially when new stuff comes out all the time. I have to stay away from all the stores. That is the only way I can stop buying. I subscribe to some magazines that help me out and I see the new stuff the latest layouts... My addiction is buying! Buying supplies and buying stuff to organizne those supplies. I no longer have a kitchen. ITs my stampin/scrapin room. I think many hobbyists are like that... Hello, my name is Jenn and I have been an addict since 1993! xoxoxojenn
Tonya M.
on 5/25/05 1:57 am - Citrus Heights, CA
Ooooh... Jenn you have been an addict longer than me! I have been an addict since 1995! It started off with stamping and progressed from there. I have converted my dining room into my computer/scrapping/animal room and my living room is now the dining room and my family room is the family room.... who the heck needs a formal living room anyway I try to be organized I just suck at it! LOL T
(deactivated member)
on 5/25/05 1:36 am - Sandy Hook, CT
I love embellishments. I cannot have enough colors of eyelets, brads, and don't even get me started on ribbons and fibers. I get into swaps for those mostly so I can have a nice selection. I have a couple of skeins of fiber too for the purples and pinks that I love so much. Cannot get enough! And then organization is KEY so that you don't go buying duplicates of things. Last year I gave myself the gift of organization by creating a scramping space for myself with a place for everything. I find I USE things more when they are organized. Have you ever been to an Ikea? Organizational nirvana! I pretty much stick to CTMH paper because it gives me one less thing to go GAGA about. The 60 colors in the pallette is plenty to work with. Then I can focus on all the other doo-dads that I want to add to it. I have so much metallics, vellum and mulberry paper though. I have a whole cart just for specialty paper! I dye my vellum and mulberry to whatever color I want using my inkpads. So versatile that way! And metallic accents. Cannot get enough of them. I have tilt-bins for all of those doodads too. It's like a trip to the hardware store with all the hinges and thingamebobs in there! I wish we could post pics of our scrap areas! Sally Lynn M. Director, Close To My Heart www.inkyheart.com
Tonya M.
on 5/25/05 2:05 am - Citrus Heights, CA
I have been in on some embellishment swaps before too! They are great! I love purple & pinks too... however... having two boys they tend not to go with anything IKEA!!! I love IKEA and the worst thing ever is happening! They are building an Ikea in West Sacramento (very close to my home). The nearest one right now is just north of San Francisco about 1.5 hours away. I love the CTMH papers too.. there are so many options.. I have lots of them. I am not into many patterned papers anyway. I am more what can you put on it Very good idea on the vellum. I never thought of doing that. I have not scrapped with anyone else in a long time. Especially not anyone that is "up to date" on scrapbooking. Most of my friends know & love the CM way so when they see my pages they are astounded at all the "stuff". OK I made an OH Scrapbookers yahoo group. I would love to keep our discussions on here. Perhaps we can use the yahoo group to post links & pictures. Tonya
(deactivated member)
on 5/25/05 2:27 am - Sandy Hook, CT
So what is the name/link for the Yahoo Group? That way we could share pics and stuff. Or does HTML work here? I'll try: or link: http://simplysentiments.com/gallery/data/514/1033012005-overview1b.jpg Just threw in a picture on my scrap area, right after I finished 'building' and organizing it. Love IKEA! Sally Lynn M. Director, Close To My Heart http://www.inkyheart.com
Jennifer U.
on 5/25/05 4:59 am - Rosemount, MN
For Christmas from my inlaws, I got a new stampin' space...all from Ikea...I got to pick out EVERYTHING...and it rocks! I enjoy my organized space so darn much, now if only I could get the kitchen out of my space I'd be set!! LOL... When we start looking in the fall for a new home (we've outgrown ours!), My own room will be a MUST! With locks on the door and a stereo to drown out the kids....Ya gotta do what ya gotta do! xoxoojenn I LOVE IKEA!!
Jennifer U.
on 5/25/05 5:01 am - Rosemount, MN
Dah! I forgot to put what I love the most.. Its hard to pick out one thing! But I LOVE embellishments too! Love buttons, eyelets, fiber, string, paper clips, glitter(my best friend in the whole world!) ,...love it all... To me, when I am card making...it makes all the difference in the world. I save them for my special cards only...
Tonya M.
on 5/25/05 6:54 am - Citrus Heights, CA
One of my friends converted their detatched garage into a scrappin space. It was a HUGE garage. The front half has a living area complete with kitchenette. The back half has the cropping room. There are 6 large folding tables... custom cabinets...wonderful countertops... It is a scrappers dream!
Jennifer U.
on 5/25/05 8:48 am - Rosemount, MN
Oh!! I am so jealous!!! xoxoxojenn
Most Active
Recent Topics
Scrapbooking in Houston/Galveston
AMYH-M · 2 replies · 831 views
What have you done lately?
Vickie J · 3 replies · 553 views
Hello
Miss Thang · 3 replies · 428 views
Hellooooooooooooooo Out There!