Protein Mix Reviews

Trisha
on 5/21/05 5:49 pm - Glendale, AZ
I think I'm going to include a page in my WLS scrapbook (when I get around to starting it) on protein mix reviews. I've kept a record of my initial reaction to the various ones I've tried. I thought that'd be a good idea because after a while we forget that we tried different brands/flavors and such. Maybe I can put expression stickers/embellishments to go with my reaction etc. Facial expression and such. Photo caption stickers and such. I don't have photos of me drinking the mix but maybe I can print out picture of item from web and such. I ordered a bunch of samples from vitalady.com and some are AWESOME and some are YUCKO!! Trying to increase my protein per day and these are a good way to do it. Hugs, Trisha
Jennifer U.
on 5/22/05 12:34 am - Rosemount, MN
Trisha, Please tell me which ones you likes. I haven't found any I can really stomach. Its been a rough protein journey. I know I need my shakes...but I get so sick on some of them. I think the review is a great idea.... Have a good day! xoxoxojenn
judyanne
on 5/22/05 1:35 am - Duarte, CA
What a great idea! I hadn't thought of a page like this. I am hooked on Pro-Complex. This is what the surgical group at Pacific Bariatrics recommends. It is available at GNC and probably on the web. It comes in choc, straw, van, rocky road and maybe some other flavors. I love the chocolate. I mix the two scoops (55 g of protein!!!!) with 4 ounces of water and a few ice chips. It is delish. I have it every day for breakfast. My daughter loves the vanilla and my ex loves the strawberry with fresh fruit. They are drinking it for health reasons, not dieting. The other protein mix that Pac Bar recommends is Pro-Rated 45g of protein) which is at Costco. Also comes in choc, straw, and van. What a bargain at less than $20 for a 6 pound jar. It's pretty good, too. I have to agree on some of the samples being YUCK!! Also, you can't see what the surgar count is on the samples. Best of luck in finding one you like and that likes you!! Be sure to check out the sugar counts. That's what messed up my roommate while I was in the hospital after surgery. She had surgery the week before me and was back in for another week and a half. She had tried a protein mix from Walmart that was not too high in protein but very high in sugars. Don't want that!! Judy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Scrapbooking in Houston/Galveston
AMYH-M · 2 replies · 831 views
What have you done lately?
Vickie J · 3 replies · 553 views
Hello
Miss Thang · 3 replies · 428 views
Hellooooooooooooooo Out There!
lv2beasahm · 3 replies · 405 views
Yahoo Scrapbook Group!
GigglyMarie · 1 replies · 858 views