June Card Swap

Trisha
on 5/14/05 4:42 pm - Glendale, AZ
So, who all here is interested in doing a CARD swap in June? Reply on this thread and let us know! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ WHAT YOU DO: Make 6 Cards (all the same or very similar). THEME: THANK YOU cards Sign your work - you've put the time and creativity into this piece of art, let the world know who the artist is! Write "created by" or "handmade by" or something like that plus your name and e-mail address on the back of the card. Credits/Techniques: on a separate sheet, you might want to list the stamps you used and the company who makes them and/or describe any special techniques used. You'll place all six cards in one envelope and mail to me along with a self-address-stamped 6x9 or larger envelope. Once I get cards in, I'll send you ONE of each in your SASE envelope!! Post-mark deadline is June 15th. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I've never done one of these before, so let me know if these guidelines are OKAY or "normal". LOL Hugs, Trisha -56 lbs
Trisha
on 5/14/05 4:53 pm - Glendale, AZ
Actually, you'll only place 5 of the cards you create in envelope for swap - keep the original for yourself!! Hugs, Trisha -56 lbs
Jennifer U.
on 5/14/05 11:45 pm - Rosemount, MN
Trisha, We should get a total of everyone who wants to participate have a deadline to sign up. Then tell everyone how many cards to make. That way everyone will get a card from all the participants. Does that make sense? I don't mean to shine on your parade, but that is how I have always done swaps. So just let me know what you think? Also there usually are set up rules...now this may be different for each person. And I love to collect cards from all types...But the rules usually state that there has to be either layers on the cards, or embellishments,...if you want to do quick cards (those are just cards with a stamp on them and they are colored...no embellishments..no layers...etc...) it nees to be stated too! Sorry I am an old timer w/card making...SO I just need to know the plans! Are we then mailing the cards to you? And you will mail us out our groupings? Thanks so much! xoxoxojenn
Trisha
on 5/15/05 4:21 am - Glendale, AZ
Oh you are not raining on my parade at all. You are casting some rays of sunshine! What you said makes sense. Okay, let's see how many are interested first and then we'll determine how many cards to make. I think layers and/or embellishments are a good idea, but what does everyone else think? Please reply to this thread. Thanks!! Hugs, Trisha -56 lbs
Tracie
on 5/16/05 12:50 am - Ottumwa, IA
Pick me! Pick me! Pick me! Pick me! Tracie
Tracie
on 5/16/05 12:55 am - Ottumwa, IA
I think it all sounds good! Ya'll just have to be patient with the newbie scrapbooker I still don't have a lot of stuff yet. Or I could just wait until I get all my new stuff and hop on board next time! Not sure how long it will take to get what I just ordered.. I will do my best and then when whoever gets 'em could maybe give me some hints and pointers that would be awesome.. I plan on doing some scrapbooking after I get home from my surgery hoping that will keep my mind occupied! Tracie
Tracy G.
on 5/15/05 9:26 am - Naperville, IL
Count me in! Tracy Is there a theme for the cards?
Jennifer U.
on 5/15/05 11:43 am - Rosemount, MN
Trisha, I am in! We are still doing a 'Thank You' theme? xoxojenn
judyanne
on 5/16/05 11:18 am - Duarte, CA
Oh, I'm definitely in! Can't wait to get started! Judy
firemom1
on 5/18/05 5:46 am - Fort Wayne, IN
I am ready to go...can't wait-and Tracie, please join us this time, Some of the simpliest cards are the most beautiful, and if you need any ideas or help email me at [email protected] Luci
Most Active
Recent Topics
Scrapbooking in Houston/Galveston
AMYH-M · 2 replies · 831 views
What have you done lately?
Vickie J · 3 replies · 553 views
Hello
Miss Thang · 3 replies · 428 views
Hellooooooooooooooo Out There!
lv2beasahm · 3 replies · 405 views
Yahoo Scrapbook Group!
GigglyMarie · 1 replies · 858 views