Help! Insomnia for 5 weeks!!!

Trisha
on 4/11/05 5:01 am - Glendale, AZ
Since surgery, I have been suffering from insomnia. Dr rx'd me Ambien and instead of taking 1 a night as prescribed I ended up taking 1 1/2 or 2 per night because 1 wasn't cutting it. Now I am out of insurance (between jobs) and out of Ambien and am trying over the counter ones (Simply Sleep) and it's not working. Last night I was WIDE AWAKE until 5:30am and then I went to sleep. I called out at work (a temp assignment I'm on) and am very frustrated about this. Is anyone else having insomnia issues? What are you doing about it (if not taking medication)? I've tried everything, and my body just doesn't seem to want to sleep at night anymore. I'm 5 weeks post-op. If it was a side effect of surgery, it would've gone away by now. Help!
Tracy G.
on 4/12/05 1:49 pm - Naperville, IL
Trisha~ Sorry to hear about your insomnia...I am a night owl, but have not had insomnia issues.. Are you getting enough physical activity during the day to make your body tired? That is my only input... Wish I could be more help. hugs, Tracy 299/192/goal 149 BMI 56.5 to 36.3 so far...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Scrapbooking in Houston/Galveston
AMYH-M · 2 replies · 831 views
What have you done lately?
Vickie J · 3 replies · 553 views
Hello
Miss Thang · 3 replies · 428 views
Hellooooooooooooooo Out There!
lv2beasahm · 3 replies · 405 views
Yahoo Scrapbook Group!
GigglyMarie · 1 replies · 858 views