G2GAWAY’s Posts

G2GAWAY
on 8/28/16 10:11 pm
Topic: RE: What's on Your (photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

I love discounts!  Don't work too hard, how will you keep up with your clever posts every day?  Hospital accounting is crazy. So many details. I am a finance analyst assigned to a hospital, so fortunately for me, I focus on the big picture, not the individual billing. I recently attended a hospital finance training for a couple of months and that **** is complicated.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

G2GAWAY
on 8/28/16 5:53 pm
Topic: RE: Newbie concerns...

I definitely lost weight in a stair step pattern. I would often feel like you do, where you feel like you are losing nothing. Just keep on doing the right stuff and your tool will work for you. A month or two later you will look back and see that you did lose over that time. Be patient, stick with your plan, and you will get through this.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 8/26/16 11:35 am

OK.  I have been in meetings all morning and then trying to post since 10:45, but sidetracked reading everything.  I will have to post now and read more later.

Yay for Friday. I am so ready for the weekend and my adopted budget pages deadlines just got moved a week, so that keeps me from even considering working this weekend.  We are taking the truck in for regular service and Hubby and I are going to get massages tomorrow morning (I splurged for 90 minutes!).  Not together in the same room, because he talks to much and I want to relaxxxxx.  Not much else planned for the weekend.  Probably go out to dinner, catch up on chores, laundry, TV shows, etc.  I like to be busy and have plans, but every now and then it is nice to have non-planned time.

I applaud all of you on the AMAW and AMAW-C this week.  Although I do primarily eat protein because I have very little room for other things, I do enjoy occasional vegies and fruit.  Good job everyone.

A second job?  Doing what?  Wait a minute, what is your first job?  I think the recent suggestion to do a get to know QOTD again is a good one.

B: Premier Protein

L: Scallops, salad

D: Shrimp or fish (I think we are going out to dinner tonight)

S: Yogurt, cheese and a few crackers

Here is a picture of me and my hubby with one of my daughters from last weekend.  She brought the new boyfriend home for us to meet. We haven't met one of her boyfriends for several years.  She never sticks with anyone. We liked him. He seems like a good guy. Let's see how things progress.  

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 8/26/16 10:53 am

The dress is beautiful and you look great!  I love love love the color.  Have a great vacation.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 8/26/16 10:50 am

That sweater is awesome.  You are so talented!!!

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 8/25/16 8:56 pm
Topic: RE: The airplane seat belts are bigger these days NSV alert!

Travelling is so much easier in all ways after losing weight. We were on a bus in Yosemite earlier this year and it was so nice to know that I wasn't taking up half of my daughter's seat too.  Have a great time.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 8/25/16 8:49 pm
Topic: RE: Ablation and ovary removal

I had an ablation and wish I had done it long ago (just like RNY).  My iron was so low and nothing was reducing my periods.  I think I was probably 45 or so as well.  Easy procedure, easy recovery. We weren't sure how successful it would be since I had twins and that makes your uterus larger than the optimal size for the procedure, but I had some bleeding at first, then nothing for 6 months, then a random period, and no more ever again.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 8/25/16 8:44 pm
Topic: RE: What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

I have Elton John songs galore on my iPod. It is amazing how many you can sing all the words to even when you haven't heard them in a while.

Our stats are even so similar. I definitely have watched your transformation along the way. My starting weight was 305, goal weight 155 (even though I am a bit shorter-only 5'7").  I've been sort of stable at this weight for a month or so and hovering right at 153-155, but want to lose more and aspire to get closer to where you are. For now, I am continuing to work out with a trainer and focusing on protein.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 8/25/16 8:37 pm

Good luck with your surgery.  Make sure you sip and walk when they allow.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 8/25/16 8:36 pm

We must be the same age!  And my real name is Cory.  We must be soul sisters. Haha.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 8/25/16 10:29 am

Crazy busy week at work and home, so no time to post in the day, but I skulk and read at night.  I'm sneaking in a break now to read and post.

QOTD:  I think it was Elton John-Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy.  My Mom had a Hi-Fi (sort of upright cabinet with a record player in it).  I would play it over and over.  I had an 8-track when I was 16 and had a car.  Those tapes would get warped sitting in the hot car all the time and would make for interesting listening.  

Today's menu:  Protein shake, just ate a mini muffin because I was super hungry-and realized it was because I had not finished much of my shake.  Uggh.  Lunch will be grilled shrimp, salad, and a few vegies.  Dinner after the gym-Chick fil-a grilled nuggets, small fruit cup. I brought a greek yogurt for snack this afternoon.  And/or cheese and crackers.  My menu always looks the same when I post because it seems that I get to post more frequently when I am at my hospital office, which works out to be on my training/gym days and I always like shrimp for lunch.  Routine is good for me.

I am green with envy for all of you vacationers.  Hope you all have a great trip filled with wonderful experiences and making memories! For the rest of us, tomorrow is Friday!  Yaaayyy!  Have a great day.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 8/25/16 10:07 am

I saw Cher in concert last year and Cyndi Lauper was the opening act.  We didn't know that when we bought the tickets, so that was just a bonus that was AWESOME!

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 8/25/16 10:02 am

Sorry to hear about the potential surgery.  Hoping all goes well for you. Shopping is quite a different experience now, that is for sure.  Hard to change from "it looks presentable and fits appropriately" to "do I love it"?  

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 8/25/16 10:00 am

Ha, see you already show that you are younger because you said tape not album.  We are talking 33-1/3 or 45s.  I also remember the days of 8 track tapes!

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 8/22/16 8:48 pm
Topic: RE: Four Years (with Pic)

Congratulations on 4 years!  Your sarcastic wit and sage advice is always on target.  I am happy that I got to meet you live and in person. And so happy you have found lasting success and an absolutely adorable girlfriend here. Keep on inspiring us.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 8/19/16 12:56 pm

Thanks. My husband and I have been married for nearly 33 years and our girls are almost 23 now. Although I loved raising my kids and being involved in everything, and I miss having them around every day, it is nice to be at this stage of our lives where we come together and hang out when we can.  We are all meeting in Vegas at the end of next month for a country concert weekend. Yeehaw.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 8/19/16 12:47 pm

I work in a city that is crime-filled. Today there was a dead body in the field across from where I work. 

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 8/19/16 12:44 pm

It's all about angles. Fortunately, we don't walk around with our arms so the flying squirrel parts show.  I do always remind my trainer that there ought to be a way to fix that with weight training, but sadly there isn't.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 8/19/16 12:41 pm
Topic: RE: Your fave source of protein

Shrimp shrimp and more shrimp

Scallops

Fish

Sometimes steak

I was never a big beef eater (sorry Grim), but feel I need to add it in from time to time. I eat some chicken, but prefer seafood.  It seems to satisfy my pouch the best.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 8/19/16 11:11 am

I hate grocery shopping!  I try to get to Costco for the TP and paper towels when on coupon. It is much easier to shop less with both kids out of the house now. 

QOTD:  I live in Norco aka Horsetown USA.  The official slogan is "City Living in a Rural Atmosphere," so there you go. I am nestled right between two Targets, each less than 5 miles away from my house.  The population is around 27,000 and it is a horse community with very few sidewalks.  Most houses have a horsetrail in front of it (mine included).  We have a half acre, which is huge by So Cal standards.  We had horses for many years, but just like a boat, the happiest days are the day you get it and the day you get rid of it.  Horses are a lot of work. They have to eat twice a day and there is all of that horse manure shoveling.  I work in the "big" city of San Bernardino (and Colton), so I definitely see the full spectrum.

I managed to eat what I posted yesterday, so that was good.  I am leaving work in exactly one hour to go to Pageant of the Masters in Laguna Beach, which is an amazing experience.  So excited to be going again.  It doesn't actually start until 8:30 tonight, but there is the Sawdust Festival and other art things to see before, and we are having dinner at a nice restaurant.  So, dinner is up in the air, but will be seafood I am sure since it is the beach after all.  My (semi-local) daughter is coming home this weekend and bringing her new boyfriend for us to meet.  It has been a long time since she has dated anyone seriously enough for us to meet, so this is big. She has been anti-love and pooh poohed her sister's relationships in the past few years, so this is kind of funny karma.  We will surely harass her about it.  We have plans to get cars serviced tomorrow, go see the Jason Bourne movie, and have dinner together. 

My picture is the whole family at the Hollywood Bowl two weekends ago.  Have a great weekend everyone.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 8/18/16 1:55 pm

Do you remember Thrifty Ice Cream/Rite Aid?  5 cents a scoop when I was growing up. I still think it is the best mint chip out there.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 8/18/16 1:52 pm

I used to hate when people wouldn't show up at college (especially when I was an "older" student) all quarter and then sit in MY seat for the midterm. I actually made someone move once. I said, hey that is my seat and I have been here for every class, so find another place to sit.  He later would come to class and save my seat for me

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 8/18/16 1:47 pm

LOL.  Apparently it involved ice cream for me too.  But now I have thought of another dessert, that was amazing, but the restaurant stopped making it and my husband talks to the manager and/or server EVERY.SINGLE.TIME we are there.  It was a peanut butter, banana, and nutella on white bread (with the crusts cut off), dipped in pancake batter, deep fried and cut into quarters, dusted with powdered sugar and drizzled with caramel and chocolate sauce.  Yum.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 8/18/16 12:05 pm

I tend to get mysterious arm bruises, but mostly I think they are from running into doorknobs.  Favorite ice cream is rocky road and mint chip (why do I feel like we have had a similar question before?), but the best thing ever is a place called 21 Choices.  It is a frozen yogurt version of Coldstone where they add things into the yogurt on an iced block and mix it all up.  That rocky road yogurt is the bomb with little marshmallows, nuts, and some mini chocolate chips for good measure.  Luckily, it is not anywhere close to myself, so it is the rare occasion that I am even in the area (maybe once or twice a year).

B: Premier Protein

L: Not exactly sure....shrimp or scallops and salad, I think.

S: Cheese and crackers

D: Tonight is gym night, which means chick fil a kids meal and fruit.

I am OK with being a creature of habit sometimes. Takes some of the thinking out of the equation.

Bring on the weekend!  I am off half day tomorrow to go to the Pageant of the Masters.  Woo hoo.  I rarely take time off unless it is to go on a vacation, which I do frequently, but I took last Friday off and half day tomorrow...then a dry spell until October, well, except for Labor Day holiday. 

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 8/15/16 11:54 am
Topic: RE: What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

I had a fun weekend in Palm Desert with a friend.  We floated in the pool, talked incessantly, read our kindles/books, and went out to dinner. I don't know if it was the heat or what, but my stomach has been annoyed all weekend. I ate lots of protein and only had one margarita on Saturday, but I feel hungry and empty, and not happy or satisfied when (or after) I eat. Not sure what to do. We went out fancy to Morton's for dinner, and split a mixed grill plate of steak, scallops, and shrimp, which was great.  

QOTD:  Lamp, alarm clock, landline phone (yep, I still have one), cell phone, TV remote, Kindle Fire to play Candy Crush and Solitaire, and my water bottle.

I am going to go get some shrimp for lunch, had premier protein for breakfast, and will have my usual chick-fil-a grilled nuggets and fruit after the gym tonight, cheese and crackers in the afternoon, and maybe a greek yogurt or some cheese tonight.

Got to run and read posts tonight. Mondays are filled with meetings and I just cancelled my 12:30, so I can take an hour for lunch.  I'm not rushing my lunch today.

Have a great week.

Cory

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 364 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 277 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?