G2GAWAY’s Posts

G2GAWAY
on 10/21/16 7:43 am, edited 10/22/16 8:18 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Menu today (PHOTO FRIDAY) RNYers?

Here is my before and after.  Not even sure if this is the highest weight "before" picture, but these were what was quickly available. This after picture is me before vacation, sans makeup because it is about 4:30 am, but I was rocking my new size 6 jeans so I made my husband take pics at the airport!!!!  I need to recover from vacation, but I am going to sub in my old bunco group and go to a college alumni function tomorrow.  I will get to rest on Sunday.  

QOTD:  I would say I notice people differently and I notice their struggles more.  In the past, I was so busy struggling to get through things, making sure the booth would fit me, determining if I could make something work without bothering others, that I don't think I focused on the other people like me.  

Got to run.  Looking forward to reading and looking at everyone's picture later. Have a great weekend.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

G2GAWAY
on 10/21/16 7:38 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Menu today (PHOTO FRIDAY) RNYers?

You look AMMMMAAAZZZZING!  I can't wait to look at all the pics, but for now I have to upload mine and head to an 8:30 meeting. A bit rough after being off of work for over 2 weeks.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 10/20/16 12:16 pm
Topic: RE: What's on the Menu today (Thursday) RNYers?

With Halloween just around the corner...you could test it out under the guise of a costume.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 10/20/16 12:04 pm

I have tried to like pork rinds, but they just don't do it for me. And it was 90 here at 5 pm yesterday. Not sure what it is now as I haven't left my bedroom except to start a load of laundry. I'm in vacation recovery mode today. Have to return to work tomorrow. Ugh.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 10/20/16 11:58 am

I love the outfit and the idea behind twisted threads. And purple is my favorite.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 10/19/16 1:19 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your Menu today (Wednesday) RNYers?

Hi everyone. I have had extremely limited wifi and little time so I feel like I have missed so much.

Matbe I can catch up some on the weekend. I am very hopeful that 2 weeks of travel has not been bad news on the scale. (We had to be weighed for a helicopter flight and if the conversion from kilograms to pounds is correct, I was on track at that point). It was certainly more carb heavy than normal, but I did the best with what was available and opted for protein bars from time to time. A 35 hour travel day has been difficult, but I just had a delicious steak at the airport so I am happy with that choice. 

My husband and I have been married for almost 33 years and he has certainly stuck with me through thick and thin. I was average weight when we got married, gained weight along the way, got to goal on WW for a hot minute then gained for years, had twins, lost and gained again. He did not wante to have surgery because he doesn't like doctors or anything, but once I decided he was supportive as he knows how to be.  He understands what I need to eat, but often wants to order fried appetizers and big desserts when we are out. I have to remind him that I don't eat that stuff. Having said all that, he defers to my choice of food most of the time so that it is easier for me. Now that I have lost weight and want plastics, he says he will support it if I want it but he doesn't want me to do it for him.

Leaves are outside/yard work and that is not my area....we do have a couple of pine trees that make a mess.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 10/10/16 9:44 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your Sunday menu, RNYers?

You guys look awesome! You clean up well.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 10/10/16 9:42 pm
Topic: RE: 12 hours post op!

Congratulations.  The more you mive the faster the gas pains go away. I changed position in bed alot too and that helped. I had horrible gas pains when I had my kids caesearean, but they were grearly reduced after RNY because of moving around. Good luck on your journey.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 10/8/16 11:36 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your Saturday menu, RNYers?

That is tacky. I have never heard of such a thing.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 10/5/16 5:52 am, edited 10/4/16 10:53 pm
Topic: RE: What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

This will never likely happen again where I am one of the first to reply, but we have a 6 am flight which meant getting up very early. Like I have had 6 hours sleep in the last 3 days between driving straight from Vegas to work on Monday, trying to wrap up all of my work stuff, unpacking, doing laundry, repacking and getting everything done to be gone for 2 weeks. We have about 35 hours of travel ahead today so food is completely up in the air, but I will make good choices and I have lots of protein forward snacks in my carry on and even requested a low cal meal on the flights where we get meals. 

I hope everything gets worked out to your satisfaction for your son. I can't imagine dealing with this.

QOTD Jif Super Chunk. Nothing else will do. I only ate peanut butter sandwiches through all of elementary school. No meat sandwiches, no lunch line. Back then it was creamy. And my Mom would whip it with honey and butter. Yummmo.

Well we are taking off now so I have to power down phone. 5 hour layover in Seattle in a couple of hours. Then two 12 hour flights. Looking forward to the adventure. Have a great day!

I have to add that my husband is already asleep and we haven't left the gate. I envy him. I don't sleep well on planes.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 10/5/16 4:57 am
Topic: RE: Loose Skin & Hair Loss

I have lost 153 pounds and have (as someone posted once) a cascading waterfall of akin on my legs, stomach, and butt. Yes it would be nice not to have it, but the alternative of carrying all that extra weight makes it OK. The legs stay hidden under long shorts or capris, but definitely shown in a bathing suit. I don't care. Flying squirrel arms are kept covered at work. Short sleeves and tank tops when not at work. My hair thinned a bit, but not enough that was noticeable to most people. I just changed my hairstyle during that time and it has been ok. I has twins too so my stomach skin is a hot mess. And the boobs. Well I just roll them up into my bra and go on about my day. All worth it to feel so much healthier than ever before. I am going to start looking into plastics for my stomach soon, then save my money.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 10/4/16 12:52 am
Topic: RE: What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Be patient. You will see it. Just keep on keeping on.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 10/4/16 12:46 am

What show did you get to see? There are so many great shows in Vegas. Good luck on your surgery. I am ready to start pursuing that path.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 10/2/16 12:18 pm
Topic: RE: worried about energy level

Your energy level will be down immediately following surgery, but it will come back better than ever. Mine was much improved at about 6-1/2 weeks. Just take it one day at a time, stay hydrated,  take your vitamins, and focus on protein. I only took one week off and worked from home week 2, then left an hour early each day during week 3. I took a short nap when I got home every day for a few weeks, then my energy kept.improving. I only wish I had this surgery years ago. Good luck on your journey.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 9/28/16 9:50 am, edited 9/28/16 3:16 am

Yesterday was so busy that I didn't get to even read everything  (except for a few in the morning on my phone****il like 11 pm. So much to do a work and home to get ready to be gone for 2 weeks. Biggest problem is adaptor/converter for my husband's CPAP machine. Of course the set I have had for years doesn't work in South Africa or Zimbabwe. So I spent like $30 for something on Amazon in addition to adaptor. Here's hoping. We won't know until we get there.

Keeping hubby and his germs away from me. I will be seriously cranky if I get sick and he is. I am even passing on the flu shot until I get back because it seems risky. Haha. It is a requirement for work (or wear a mask even though I work in an office and not the actual hospital), so I will get it later. 

I hate all housework.I am neat and tidy and organized, but hate cleaning showers and bathrooms in general. I pay someone to come in every two weeks and do the heavy stuff. My husband keeps the kitchen pretty clean because he uses it more than me and I handle all of the laundry because he doesn't do it right. He is allowed to wash his jeans only.

Preop diet for me was 1 week of protein shakes and one meal a day that was either a lean cuisine type, Wendy's chili, or an apple. I lost about 8 pounds on that week. Someone said well why have the surgery then if you can lose weight doing this? People don't get it. That is why I didn't tell too many people about klmy surgery. This person knew and knew how I have struggled and still said something so dumb. I also gave up diet sodas before surgery.

I'm sneaking this in on my phone during a conference call, so please forgive any typos. Have a great day.

Oh yeah. Food. Premier protein, lunch scallops, salad, small amount of dressing, dinner shrimp skewers. Snack cheese and crackers I think.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 9/28/16 9:37 am

Go with your gut. You will know what feels right for you and your family. It is awesome to have choices. Consider the schedule and how it works with kids.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 9/27/16 11:37 pm
Topic: RE: What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

You look fabulous. I hope things turn around for you soon!

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 9/27/16 11:32 pm
Topic: RE: What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

WoW.  What an amazing transformation!  They definitely need to make fitbit straps more glamorous.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 9/26/16 11:22 pm

I really like that shirt.  Where is it from?

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 9/26/16 11:07 pm
Topic: RE: Long term success without dedicated exercise?

I had my surgery in May and didn't start at the gym until October. I hate to exercise, but I like how I feel when I have done it. I like to travel and hike and do adventure type things, so I want to exercise to make those things easier. Having said all of that, I agree that you cannot out exercise a bad diet.  So, diet first, activity second. Lots of people seem to be runners after WLS. Not me, not ever. I think the key is to find something you enjoy. If walking is it, then walk. I tried water aerobics for a while a couple of years ago, and it is not for me. The whole process of getting wet, having to shower off the chlorine, dry off, and change to go home was not for me. I like working with the personal trainer (I know there is a cost for that), but he pushes me far harder than I would ever do on my own and I am sooooo much stronger than ever before. It won't fix the skin, that's for sure, but it helps make the muscles underneath the skin so much stronger. I tell the trainer often that I will have to keep paying for training forever, because otherwise I would never go. The appointment keeps me committed. I am fortunate that my work reimburses me for almost all of the gym membership because that helps.  (I have to pay for the training).  I only go twice a week, but that is twice a week more than I was doing.  I won't be going at all in the month of October due to travel (personal and business), but I will be active during that time.  Good luck finding what works for you.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 9/26/16 11:00 pm

Thanks.  It is pretty awesome. I have been bobbing around the number for a while and finally feel like it is "official." 

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 9/26/16 10:56 pm

I dip the corner in the chick-fil-a sauce, but just the smallest amount. I throw most of it away.  According to Myfitnesspal, the calorie count in one packet is 140 calories and I use less than 1/4 of it, which is 35 calories.  I have never been one to use much sauce or dressing on anything, but I do like a tiny bit for moisture. There might be other sauces with a better calorie count.  The kids meal fruit cup is 130 calories total, plus the sauce makes it 165.  It appears that there are other sauces with lower calorie counts.  Maybe I should change it up to a lower calorie sauce, like honey mustard.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 9/26/16 5:37 pm
G2GAWAY
on 9/26/16 3:11 pm

I wore another ring for this past year to keep the other men at bay. Lol.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 9/26/16 2:42 pm

Good luck on the job search and it was 100 degrees when I went out at lunchtime today.

Cory

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 405 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 254 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 382 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 379 views