G2GAWAY’s Posts

G2GAWAY
on 1/6/17 8:53 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Menu today (PHOTO FRIDAY) RNYers?

I have been absent for a bit. Lack of time early in the day. I have read periodically. December is a rough month for me as I lost my Mom Grandma, and Brother in different years, but all in December. Ianaged to get through the month without eating all of my feelings which is a huge accomplishment. Now my hubby and I are in a plane getting ready to go on a nice nd want Caribbean cruise. Looking forward to scuba diving 150 pounds lighter. It will be a very different experience. Gotta sign off as they are closing the doors. Thanks for the inspiration every day and I love all of the pictures. 

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

G2GAWAY
on 1/6/17 8:44 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Menu today (PHOTO FRIDAY) RNYers?

So sorry to hear you are struggling. Remember you made this change for you and you don't want to go back to how it was before. I think maintenance IS the hardest part of this journey. Refocus on you and remember why you had the surgery.  Remember you want to be there for your family and you deserve to be healthy. I will be thinking positive thoughts for you.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 12/22/16 7:15 am, edited 12/21/16 11:16 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your menu today (Thursday) RNYers?

Congratulations! That's amazing. I get on the scale every morning too and am mad if someehow I forget and get dressed first. Of course I have to strip down again and weigh. I think I avoided the scale when my weight was out of control, so I want to stay on top of it now.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 12/17/16 10:01 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Saturday menu, RNYers?

I bet they will have shrimp. Just be yourself and enjoy the party.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 12/17/16 9:59 am

I love all of your facts!

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 12/17/16 9:56 am

I had not thought of the fact that I could go to WW for free now. I am even a few pounds under my lowest WW weight, so I will keep that in mind when I need extra support. Thanks for the great idea. Hoping it helps you during this time.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 12/15/16 9:03 pm
Topic: RE: Three year surgiversary (before and after pics included)

You look great!  I am a little over a year and a half out. Your post is completely on target. Every single section. Thanks for sharing.  I don't get to post much, but I read late at night (on the West Coast), so always appreciate the advice. I am at my goal and am focused on maintaining at this point.  Although I wouldn't be opposed to losing a few pounds, but I think it is really the skin I need to take care of and see where I end up. Thank you also for sending me the link to your previous post.  My belt lipectomy is scheduled for 1/25 and I cannot wait!

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 12/8/16 10:58 pm
Topic: RE: Experience with scallops?

Scallops have been good for me since very early out. In fact it was the first real "food" I ate aty daughter's college graduation luncheon. Having said that, they don't have as much flavor toe as other options, but I still order them out sometimes. Sometimes if you ask the restaurant will make just one or two for you.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 12/8/16 10:56 pm
Topic: RE: Negative comments...

Have faith in your decision. I told very few people...my family, two friends at work that I trust completely, and two sets of neighbors that we are very close to. I did not want people telling me why it was a bad idea. I was at the point that the risks of not having the surgery outweighed the risks of having the surgery.  It is the best decision I ever made. I only wish I had done it years ago.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 12/5/16 10:51 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your Menu today (Monday) RNYers?

I love Cards Against Humanity.  In fact, I just asked my daughter to bring it home with her for Christmas. I am lucky that both daughters and both of their boyfriends will be here for 4 days. They are arriving on the birthday and staying until the day after Christmas, so it will be chaotic and fun. I am looking forward to it. By the way, I haven't had time to post, but have trolled occasionally. I looooovved your purple dress from the wedding you were in. You looked great!  And so tiny.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 12/5/16 10:45 pm

I love the ocean/beach and live less than an hour from it, but I have never been to St. Simons and that is on my list of places to see one day. I bet it was beautiful.  The East Coast beaches are so different from California's beaches.  Glad you made it!

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 12/5/16 10:31 pm
Topic: RE: NVS and Distorted Self Image...OR?

I vote for the first black one, the red one, or the black lace.  You need to go with the one that makes you feel the best. Then it doesn't matter what anyone else is wearing because you will feel great in what you have on.  I personally would go with the long sleeve dress vs. short sleeve, because I don't like my flying squirrel wings.  Definitely wear a heel vs. boots.  I have a gala ball on Thursday night (work function). I am wearing a plain black dress with sparkly jewelry and some heels. Definitely not my normal outfit, but I love the dress and wore it on a cruise over Thanksgiving, so I am getting multiple uses out of it.  Have fun.  Just say yes to the dress!

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 12/4/16 10:44 am
Topic: RE: Less than 24 hrs...any last minute tips?

Walk and move as soon as you can. I moved position in bed often and I think that really helped prevent gas because I had a terrible time with that after my c section. Stay hydrated. Follow their instructions. Don't rush the phases. Enjoy the ride. It is life changing.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 12/3/16 9:38 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your Saturday Menu, RNYers?

My private Nordstrom event is next Sunday. Can't wait for it.  Have fun at the ball Cinderella.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 12/3/16 3:51 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your Menu Today (PHOTO FRIDAY) RNYers?

Beautiful pictures and beautiful cards.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 12/1/16 8:49 pm
Topic: RE: Another NSV

It is the best feeling. Shopping is so much more fun now.  You no longer have to buy something because it fits and looks OK.  You can now buy it because it looks awesome and you love it!  Although it can get expensive because it is hard to say no to all the clothes. 

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 11/30/16 11:52 pm
Topic: RE: You were all correct!

Here is my helpful tip for keeping protein bars in good shape.  I don't eat them often. In fact, I think I have only bought a couple of boxes in a year and a half, but took some with me when I have travelled out of the country.  Anyway, I always have one in my purse just in case, but I keep it in a hard eye glass case.  It fits perfectly and stays protected. I also keep a snack size ziplock in there so if I just need a bite or two to tide me over, I can safely store it for another time.  It is also critical that you look at the label as there are so many different ones out there with varying sugar and protein counts.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 11/30/16 11:47 pm
Topic: RE: You were all correct!

Beef jerky worked very well for me in the early stages. Just chew chew chew.  Look for one that is low in sugar.  I am still drinking a protein shake most mornings (mostly work days) because it just sits better in my pouch in the early hours and gives me a good boost of protein.  My stages moved pretty slowly, and I think that worked pretty well.  I started off with fish, scallops, and shrimp when I finally got to dense protein because that seemed to be much easier for me to tolerate and it is a bit softer.

Good luck.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 11/30/16 11:42 pm
Topic: RE: Fear of slipping back into old habits

I am so glad that you like your new job, atmosphere, and co-workers. That is a huge plus with all that you have going on. It is not easy to be surrounded by all of that stuff every day. I work in two different offices, and one is in a hospital. There are always goodies at this time of year. I have to just stay away and tell myself none of it is worth it. Today I walked in the breakroom several times to see a giant tin of Almond Roca. I almost succumbed at the end of the day just as I was getting ready to walk out.  I decided that I would skip it, this time, and hope it is gone when I am back there next week. I think it is a case of one day, one meal at a time. Choose you and your health first. Tonight I chose me. It doesn't always work out that way. But one temptation at a time.  It is definitely a plus that my kids are grown and I don't have to prepare food for them.  I have found that planning my meals helps me to be more successful as it takes the choice out of the matter. On the two days I work out with the trainer, I pickup a Chick-fil-a Grilled Nuggets kids meal right after the gym and come home and eat it. It prevents me from making a bad choice. 6 Grilled nuggets and a small fruit cup. I don't usually eat fruit during the rest of the week, so I actually look forward to this meal. On Tuesday or Wednesday I have grilled shrimp or chicken lettuce wraps. Having a routine helps me so much because if I relied on making the right choice in the moment, things might not work out so well. Maybe plan to have fish a couple of days a week (I think you like fish), shrimp another day, chicken another day.  Now you have 4 days planned already.

I would suggest eliminating the carbs at breakfast because then I find that it makes me crave more carbs. Maybe you can keep some sausage links at work to cook when you get there so you are still eating there if the socializing part of that is important.

I don't have any other suggestions, but I know that you have come a long way on your journey and you can do this. 

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 11/28/16 11:25 pm

Have a great time in Hawaii.  I'm sure you will be active and sometimes just changing up your routine helps the scale make a move. Don't forget to drink lots of water, especially when flying.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 11/24/16 12:33 am
Topic: RE: Is it typical for Stomach Fat to be the last to start leaving?

I have been feeling the same way. I have to wear a bigger size to fit my waist. I consulted a plastic surgeon last week and he said it is all skin, no fat.  Hard to believe, but it makes sense. Years of stretched out skin have to go somewhere. My legs are also covered with excess skin. As frustrating as it is, it is better than the alternative.  

I also read on one of these boards before that you gain weight proximally and lose it distally, which I definitely found to be true (essentially you gain it in the mid section last and lose it from the appendages first). I remember someone telling me that my arms looked thinner (early on) and I was like WTH?  I don't care about my arms (well, eventually I did care, but I wanted to lose elsewhere).  It all adjusts a bit over time, but excess skin is just something we all have to deal with unless you are very young and have very elastic skin that rebounds well.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 11/23/16 11:53 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Menu Today (Wednesday) RNYers?

Hello everyone. I took vacation this week and have been enjoying my free time to do as I wish.  Although what I wished wasn't hanging out at the house today and yesterday to try to get our AT & T Uverse working properly....Terribly long story, but we have had about 10 service calls in the past two months and still receive scrambled pixelated signals when watching live TV and recording (sporadically).  Here is hoping that this is the solution.  I typically only take vacation days to go away somewhere, so this was weird. We are going away tomorrow on the 3 day Mexico cruise with one of my daughters, her boyfriend, my hubby, and his sister and her husband. Should be lots of fun. My other daughter is on her own vacation in New Zealand. Lucky her. I don't enjoy cooking at all, and am not a huge fan of Thanksgiving food, so I am happy that I can order something else on the ship tomorrow.  They are all coming home for Christmas so I will have to cook something for that.  Honeybaked here I come....haha.  Actually, everyone will help and it isn't all that bad. It is just so much production.  We usually camp and deep fry turkeys for Thanksgiving, so this is a big departure for us.  

I don't like that people have to work on Thanksgiving so shoppers have a few more hours to shop. Not fair. I have never been a big Black Friday (or Thanksgiving night) shopper. It seems overrated to me and the savings don't outweigh the anguish. I get those that do it as a family bonding event though, that could be fun.  I am a big fan of experiences over stuff and have evidently got that message through to my kids because they want nothing that we have collected over the years and don't give me much of a list to do my shopping. Their birthday is 3 days before Christmas which adds to the challenge. We celebrated their birthdays as half-birthdays in June until they got into high school and asked to switch to their real birthday. 

Menu is up in the air today. We are going to see Hedwig and the Angry Inch as it is in my season at the Pantages and my day is today. Not looking forward to the traffic into LA, but going with friends and we are leaving earlier than normal and trying a new restaurant. I will likely have some type of fish or seafood.  As AT & T just left I am going to run out and do a few errands and pick up some shrimp.  I will squeeze in a protein shake to get my protein up since I haven't dealt with eating breakfast yet due to the technician being here.  

My Kindle started fading in the corner on Monday (it is THE original Kindle, so I have gotten my moneys worth).  So, I did partake in Amazon's sale this week and have a new one on the way, scheduled to arrive today and I have done some shopping already on my days off (the girls have serious boyfriends so had to add them to the mix).  My husband and I don't exchange gifts.  We would rather take a vacation, so we are going to the Caribbean in January. Shopping done for him. LOL.  I actually really did let him choose the destination.  I will be off the grid for a few days because I am not about to pay for internet on the cruise ship.  

Have a great holiday.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 11/20/16 9:32 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your Saturday menu RNYers?

Honestly, I have felt it was fat all along, but my family (and others) have said that they felt I didn't have more weight to lose. I am glad I went to see the surgeon and he explained it to me. But seriously, it looks like fat to me. I already booked a surgery date in January for the belt lipectomy. I will do more later. He said it will be 3-1/2 to 4 pounds of skin on the lower body surgery. I really feel I need to do it for long-term success. My husband doesn't care either way, he just wants me to be happy, and will support the cost associated with it.  I am excited, nervous, but excited for the transformation.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 11/20/16 9:29 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your Saturday menu RNYers?

Thanks.  One time we met a couple who had been married 50+ years and we asked them their secret.  She told me that the secret was, "Don't get divorced, and don't die."  I imagine there is more to it than that, but that is a good start. LOL.  Congrats on your new cohabitation arrangements. So happy for the two of you. It is such a cool thing that you two met each other.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 11/20/16 10:39 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Sunday menu, RNYers?

I'm enjoying the end of my weekend away. Sitting at the pool for an hour or so and reading while my hubby watches football in the room. This may be the secret to success of our 33 years of wedded bliss. Lol. We arranged a late check out so have to leave in about 2 hours. I am on vacation next week so I am looking forward to puttering about for a few days. Nice to take 3 days off and get 10. We will stop at the chiropractor on the way home for our regular adjustment.

We moved I to our house 16 years ago and I would love to downsize, but my hubby doesn't want to move. We have good neighbors and he does not like change. So I have been trying to reduce the amount of stuff we have accumulated. No easy task. Maybe one day he will agree to move.

Cory

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 319 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 316 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 321 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 270 views