G2GAWAY’s Posts

G2GAWAY
on 4/19/16 7:51 am
Topic: RE: What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

I love Les Mis. Go see it sooner than later  even if it is just a local production. They are usually so good too. Don't wait for Broadway. 

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

G2GAWAY
on 4/19/16 7:44 am
Topic: RE: What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Being There...such a great movie. I need to reach that. It has been a while.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/18/16 10:14 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your Monday Menu RNY'ers ?

We did an Alaskan cruise and land tour with Princess. It was awesome. I couldn't do the helicopter tour I wanted to do because of the weight limit, but we chartered a small plan (held the 4 of us, plus the pilot) on our own and flew to Denali and landed on a nearby glacier. Highlight of the trip!

When I had to go to an italian restaurant early on, I just requested a side of grilled scallops instead of pasta and they were happy to accommodate. They usually have shrimp too or chicken.

I hope you get to make that trip!

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/18/16 10:10 pm

I know most of you are already done for the night, but for those lurkers who will eventually read this while trying to make a decision about surgery or understand how it all works, I will just have to post late.

B-Premier Protein Shake

L-Grilled Shrimp Skewer, some salad, some cooked carrots

S-Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese wedge-saltines

D-6 Piece Chick Fil A Grilled Chicken Nuggets, Kid Size Fruit Cup

S-Greek yogurt tube from the freezer

QOTD: I can't limit my response to just one thing. I am a traveler and adventurer (even when I weighed 130 more pounds). I never let my size or weight stop me from too many things (unless there was a weight limit). Although it is definitely easier with less weight on my body. I had ziplined before, but wanted to do it in Hawaii, so found a company with a higher weight limit and scheduled it for the first day of the trip so I didn't have to worry about eating and drinking during the trip. I had to weigh in at check in and just made it!  

So, my list is extensive, but skydiving, glider flight, and bungee jumping are on the list (now that I can meet the weight requirement). Travel list is an African safari trip (booked and scheduled for October), Macchu Picchu and the Galapagos (planning for next September), and New Zealand (future plans). 

Pursue your dreams!

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/18/16 10:00 pm
Topic: RE: "You're getting too skinny" and other comments

I have been experiencing the same thing and still want to lose 15-20 more pounds. I have had people say, "You are so thin now."  And I reply thanks and that I am thin relative to what I was but that I am still working to lose a few more to get into the normal range.  I have stopped replying to the few people who have asked, 'How much have you lost?"  I know they are not being mean, but it minimizes questions and gasps when I don't give a number. I simply say, "A lot" or "a small person."  

I don't mind the comments.  In fact, I am afraid I might be a little sad when this is the new normal and nobody notices or comments. In the end, I had the surgery for my health and that is infinitely improved.

Good luck.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/18/16 7:57 pm
Topic: RE: What's on Your (photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

Yosemite was awesome. Breathtakingly beautiful. I will try to post pics on Friday. I drove through it briefly once before, but didn't really see anything. The weather was gorgeous this weekend and the waterfalls were flowing. My daughter and I did some really nice hikes and had a great time. Now this can be taken off my bucket list (although I will likely go back).

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/18/16 12:36 pm

Well the Ironman is definitely NOT on my bucket list, but I hope that one day your wish comes true.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/18/16 12:01 pm
Topic: RE: No puree stage for me? :/

I never pureed anything. I had a period of soft foods like mashed refried beans with cheese, scrambled eggs, and Greek yogurt. I just ate extremely small portions throughout the day.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/15/16 7:59 pm

I had planned to post older photos, but I found these on Facebook and wanted to join in. First picture is my senior photo, which was taken in 1979 (still 16 years old)  just before senior year began and second picture was probably sophomore year, 15 years old. I look at these pictures now and wonder how I could have possibly thought I was fat then. I guess I just had friends that were petite so I always felt ginormous and couldn't share clothes with anyone.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/15/16 7:51 pm

So excited to see everyone's pictures. They are awesome. I had plans to scan in some old pics and post today, but I am knee deep in budgets at work and was focused on packing for a quick whirlwind weekend to see my daughter and go to Yosemite overnight. So I am at the airport with a 30 minute flight delay and thankful that I had these lovely posts to scroll through. Looking forward to the weekend and exploring the park.tomorrow.

QOTD: Nicknames were Corabelle (sounds too much like a cow IMO, but only good friends called me that and it didn't actually have that meaning), Yroc which is my name spelled backwards, and my husband (of 32 years) and I call each other Muffin.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/14/16 10:23 pm
Topic: RE: What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

I had a minivan for years. Most recently a 2002 Honda Odyssey for 12 years. It was the best car during those child-toting years. It had an automatic sliding door, which was awesome for dropping the kids off at school. I wanted to keep it forever because it was paid off, but alas, after a blown engine (that I replaced with a used one), and then the beginnings of transmission trouble, I opted to get a non-Mom vehicle. I have a Lexus RX350 that I love (bought a 3 year old certified pre-owned version). 

Menu today:

B: Premier Protein

L: Grilled chicken wrap

S: Laughing Cow light swiss cheese wedge, almonds

D: Grilled shrimp skewers (new fast food type seafood restaurant opened up and I bought 2 ala carte skewers with vegies for $8. So happy about this new place.)

Flying to Sacramento to see my daughter for a trip after work tomorrow and spend the night in Yosemite. Hope to do some light hiking and see some beautiful waterfalls.

Have a good weekend.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/14/16 1:06 pm

Now I wish I had a heated steering wheel too. Even though I live in California too.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/14/16 1:04 pm

I have heated and cooled seats. They are awesome.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/13/16 11:22 pm
Topic: RE: What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

I love words and of course can't think of anything brilliant to respond with. Nefarious comes to mind and it is a word that we use often at work for some reason. Someone mentioned the word a couple of years ago and we continue to use it (so not truly underutilized). The other word I use often that always gets a reaction is "divine."  My Mom would always say that something was "delicious and divine" so it stuck with me when I refer to things I enjoyed doing.

OK more words are coming to me:  brouhaha, cacophony, discombobulate.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/13/16 11:10 pm

Be proud of what you have done so far. My goal is also 150 and I am 20 pounds away. My year is in about 1 month and I know I won't make it by then, but I am extremely proud of all I have accomplished so far and am continuing to work on converting fat to muscle at the gym so things are changing even though the weight isn't. Maybe your body (and mind) just needs a little time to adjust and get prepared for maintenance. You will get there eventually!

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/11/16 11:02 pm
Topic: RE: has anyone NOT had trouble with each food they try?

No, it isn't just you. I think we read about the people who have problems and don't hear from those who have no issues. I moved through all of the phases slowly and according to my doctor's schedule, with no problems. I focused on fish, shrimp, and scallops first, sliced turkey, cheese, and didn't get to stea****il much later. Tried a little with no problem, so next time I tried more. Remember to chew, and then chew some more. It is important to stay mindful when you eat because I think not chewing thoroughly could lead to challenges for some people. 

You are doing fine. Follow the guidelines from your doctor, read the message boards, and trust yourself.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/11/16 8:52 pm
Topic: RE: What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

I still remember one of the lines (or the gist of it) from a Ramona book.  The teacher asked her to "sit here for the present" and she kept waiting for the gift, not understanding that she meant for now.  I don't know why that stuck with me.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/11/16 8:50 pm

We also had Everyone Farts. The kids loved it.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/11/16 1:14 pm

I was/am an avid reader. I used to walk to the library with my Grandma and check out books and devour them over the weekend while I was at her house. I remember reading all of the Laura Ingalls Wilder Little House on the Prairie series, and Little Women. Too many books to recall. But I had (still do) a 4 volume collection of all the classic stories and I vividly remember my Mom reading me the Brer Rabbit story by Uncle Remus because she did all the voices. I later read it in a storytelling speech tournament and placed in the top 3. The other book I loved was I think called "The Monster at the End of this book." It was a Sesame Street book I think. I have shelves and shelves of books from my kids, but they are now 22 and don't even live at home anymore. 

I never post my menu, but I should since I know it helped me to read all of your posts. So here goes.

B: Premier protrin, chocolate of course

L: Grilled shrimp skewer, a little salad, and a few carrots

D: Chick fil a grilled nuggets, kids meal size fruit cup

S: laughing cow swiss cheese light 1 wedge

Have a great day.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/10/16 9:45 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your Sunday Menu, RNYers?

QOTD:  I always schedule my appointment for the second week of February. This year we owed $2 on Fed, and received a State refund. I even paid the $2 early because I didn't want to have to remember to pay. But if we do owe, we like to know the amount early on so we can plan for it and then pay at the last minute in April. 

Weekends are always the toughest to stay on track due to the lack of routine. Despite all that and the fact that we ate out every meal, I feel pretty good about how things went. Had a nice dinner out with husband and daughter last night, and she wanted to share a meal with me, which works out great because I split the protein with her and she eats the sides. Today I went out with friends to lunch and a play and one of them asked if I wanted to split something with her. Tonight my husband and I went out and I ordered a shrimp and scallop skewer and salad. So, I managed to stay very protein focused, but looking forward to the routine of the week.

Have a good week and good luck to all the last minute people on getting taxes filed by the due date.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/8/16 12:31 pm

Beef jerky and protein bars make good road snacks too. Safe travels.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/7/16 8:47 pm
Topic: RE: Partially broken and somewhat terrified...

Unfortunately, I can't give you any advice on all that, but so far all of my labs are good and I simply take a good multi-vitamin twice a day, hair, skin and nails (from Costco), a B-6/B-12/folic acid tablet from Trader Joe's a few days a week, and some calcium chews with Vitamin D twice a day (a nice chocolate treat).  My labs have all been good. I have new labs next month for my year check up.  I have hypothryoidism (since I was 18 years old) and those levels have been fine as well.

I would say that the risk of staying as heavy as I was or, more likely, continuing to gain, was more dangerous to me than any of the other issues. I had asked my primary physician a few years back and again before I chose to have the surgery, "When do the risks of surgery outweigh the risks of not having the surgery?"  He told me that time had come a while back.

I think that my dietary habits before the surgery could have also lead to other complications, including vitamin deficiencies or osteoporosis. I feel better than I have in 25 years. I would do it again in a minute.

Good luck on your decision.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/7/16 12:28 pm

Black with black, no question. 

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/6/16 10:17 pm

AV-So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend's husband.  I have been an organ donor since in my 20s (now 53) and have told my family repeatedly (most recently when I filled out paperwork prior to my RNY surgery) to give all of my parts away if anything ever happens to me because they will be of no use to me and could help so many other people. I hope she has peace during this time.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/6/16 10:11 pm

Sorry to hear about your "friend" betraying your confidence. There is no excuse for that. Especially because you seem like such a positive and sincere person. Let us know how the throat punching goes

Cory

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 401 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 254 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 380 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 377 views