G2GAWAY’s Posts

G2GAWAY
on 4/30/16 2:28 pm
Topic: RE: What's on Your (photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

I avoided button ups before too.  Try the Portofino button ups from Express (especially when they are on sale).  They hang very nicely with my DDDs.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

G2GAWAY
on 4/29/16 1:43 pm

QOTD:  Hot dogs, but only at a BBQ/gathering.  Otherwise, hamburgers with cheese or else not at all.  I haven't had a cheeseburger in over a year, and I have survived.

Enjoy your solo weekend.  My daughter who just moved about 1-1/2 to 2 hours away is coming home for the weekend (for a hair appointment, not us-haha), and we are going out to dinner and to the Improv tomorrow night. Should be fun.

Since there weren't a lot of pics posted today, I'm sharing some random ones that I had on my phone.

Picture #1  Octopus.  We were at the aquarium a couple of months ago and I said, "This is exactly what my skin looks like now, except for the color."  You have to find humor in it, since it can't really be changed without major surgery.

Picture #2  Seat Belt.  I travel alot and this was quite a joyful revelation on my last flight.  Now I no longer have to be sure I sit in between my two thin daughters so that I have sufficient room on the plane.

Picture #3  Me and hubby. Since the other pictures did not actually show people, this is a picture from a month or so ago.

Have a great weekend!

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/28/16 5:01 pm
Topic: RE: What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

I came up with my words.  Booger and caca.  Both terribly gross.  And someone just used the word booger on the phone with me.  A professional business person. DISGUSTING.  

I also don't like people add letters or sounds to words (like say acrossed instead of across-ummm that isn't a word).  And I really dislike when people spell things wrong, especially in something that was obviously paid to be printed or produced.  Spell check people!

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/28/16 12:57 pm, edited 4/28/16 1:43 pm

I was going to say **** too, but decided that I like it in the context of "You really **** me off" (not you specifically haha) Or "That pissed me off." So I am still contemplating what word it is for me. 

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/28/16 12:52 pm

I think there was a QOTD on that topic and everyone gets up way too flipping early. Add that to the time difference for me on the West Coast and the fact that I don't like typing all this on my phone, I can never join in the fun until later when everyone else is already snug in their beds.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/27/16 7:56 pm
Topic: RE: What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Yes, I hd that same nasty taste too.  It actually continued after the surgery for a while, but eventually went away. I think the anesthesia may have also contributed to it. As much as I hated it, I just reminded myself that it meant I was burning calories/fat.  You will get through it.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/27/16 7:33 pm

I noticed that it was sort of a stair step approach to weight loss.  You lose for a while, stall a bit, then start losing again. Just be patient. It will come off.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/27/16 7:10 pm

I had one of those days too. Stress and work and dealing with stupid people really get to me. On top of that, I want to eat All.The.Wrong.Things today. Almost one year out and haven't really had too much trouble with this, but today...there were M & Ms and muffins in the break room. I might have ended up with a handful (albeit small) of the M & Ms and half a muffin. Not the worst thing, but not the best. I had planned to work late as we are in the midst of budget deadlines, but I had just had enough so left and knew that things would go awry at home for eating as hubby isn't home tonight and the kids have both moved out.  I made the smart decision and stopped at a place where I could buy 2 grilled shrimp skewers for $8. Well worth it in my current state. 

My user name is G2Gaway because I love to travel and go do things anywhere, anytime. It is also my personalized license plate.  G2G is a throwback to the old AOL Instant Messaging days where you typed G2G to mean Got to Go, so in my license plate and user name it means Got to Go or Got to Get.  Either one works.

Tomorrow is another day. Hope it gets better for everyone having a rough one today.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/26/16 9:37 pm, edited 4/26/16 2:43 pm
Topic: RE: What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

It took me about 50 pounds before people started noticing.  Eventually, you will start wearing new better fitting clothes and people will notice every little pound.  I did get to the point where I wouldn't tell them how much weight I had lost (if they asked) because they would tell me I shouldn't lose any more. Once I started working out with a trainer, it really made a noticeable difference too. You will just keep feeling better and better.  Now I have to google the unwhich because they just opened a Jimmy John's nearby and I have never been there. In fact, my husband just asked me what they served there.

Keep up the good work!

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/25/16 9:45 pm
Topic: RE: Great day 4 weeks out

It will just keep getting better and better.  All of a sudden you will realize that you aren't tired any more,d you have a spring in your step, and your joints don't hurt with every step you take.

Good luck as you progress on your your journey.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/25/16 1:11 pm
Topic: RE: What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

The weekend was far too short, in my opinion. Very busy few weeks ahead at work as we prepare the budget. However, my day was made when the surveyor's visit today caused all my meetings to be cancelled and now I can get some work done. And I just got an email saying that we have to hold 2 upcoming weekends on our calendar to work. Ymmmm...I have plans and work late to get my stuff done instead of wasting time during the week. 

On a Game of Thrones note....

I think John Snow will somehow be alive. Wine while watching is essential, and my post-WLS body now looks like the Mellisande that was revealed at the end of the show. It was like looking in a mirror. 

QOTD: I have a key fob with my gym card. The only time it comes out of my purse is to go to the gym. I love not having to search for my key all the time. I use an app on my phone or phone numbers to access all my reward cards...and I use them everywhere. I must have a deal or points for everything or I am not satisfied. Lol. 

Menu-my typical Monday

Premier protein shake

Shrimp skewer, salad, vegies

Chick fila grilled nuggets, small fruit cup

Cheese/crackers

Yogurt tube

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/25/16 12:40 pm
Topic: RE: What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

You.Must.See.The.Ocean! I can't imagine life without it. I can get to the beach in about 30 minutes, but often see it while driving. It is the way I relieve stress. I could spend hours with a.book at the beach.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/24/16 5:44 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your Sunday menu, RNYers?

Where do you find this yogurt?  I'm looking online, but it seems to be a local place in Seattle. Do you get it at a store?  The "find us" link isn't working on their website.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/24/16 5:38 pm
Topic: RE: Pretty cool NSV

I started tearing up just reading your post (like some of the others-happy to know I wasn't alone).  I love when people accomplish things. Such a great example for fellow WLSers and your daughter.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/24/16 5:35 pm
Topic: RE: Disappointed in my spouse

It is life changing.  It is a big decision to make, one that I don't regret. Early on, my husband said, "I didn't realize this would change my life so much."  His life?  WTH? Because I asked him not to eat fast food in front of me in the early weeks when I was barely consuming anything or I didn't want to watch cooking shows on TV. I will say that for the most part is very supportive and proud, he just wanted his life to be the same. He still gets mad that I won't order appetizers when we go out and complains that he doesn't get to eat them any more. I told him that he still can, but I won't be joining in because then I can't eat my protein at dinner. 

Many people don't want to hear about it all the time, so I tried really hard not to make it the focus of our conversations. I have one friend who was really helpful in the beginning with offering support because her sister-in-law had the sleeve surgery a while back, so she sort of got it.  But in the end, I didn't want my WLS to be the focus of our times together, so I try to avoid the topic for the most part. I had the surgery for me, and it is my journey, so I rely on reading this boards to validate how I am feeling and see what other people are dealing with. It helps.  Also, the reason that I didn't share with co-workers that I had the surgery

It looks like you have the right attitude. Keep it up. 

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/22/16 3:39 pm

AV:  Your hair looks awesome. It makes you look so young. I love it!

QOTD:  Last picture was outside of the Ahmanson going to see A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder with a friend (which was absolutely wonderful).

I am posting a few of the (gazillion) pictures from my whirlwind weekend to Yosemite.  My daughter and I hiked all day Saturday and until 1:30 on Sunday (so I could make my flight home). The park was spectacularly beautiful with so much water flowing, the weather was perfect, and I felt great that I was able to hike everywhere (and seriously was not even sore the next day-which shocked me...I guess it is good that the trainer makes me walk at an incline after my workout).

B:  Premier Protein

L:  Grilled chicken snack wrap, salad, and balsamic dressing

D:  Going to an awards ceremony where I will be eating a chicken dish of some sort.

S:  Not sure at this point.  But I need something.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/21/16 8:23 pm
Topic: RE: Loose skin on neck?

I try really hard not to look down, because then it is even worse.  My face hasn't gotten too wrinkly, but the neck...oh boy.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/19/16 10:28 pm
Topic: RE: A little nervous
  • Is the liquid diet beforehand hard?  It's all relative. Hard as opposed to the health issues and joint pain you might be experiencing? I was on a liquid diet for one week, whi*****luded one meal each day (either a frozen diet meal, Wendy's chili, or an apple and something else-an option I never chose).  I was out of town for the weekend at the beginning of the week and I just dealt with it. Packed supplies, protein powder, frozen meal, and found the local Wendy's. You might be a bit hungry at first, but then I felt "lighter" and got through it with no problem. You will do just fine.
  • Will I miss chewing pre and post op...could be 4-5 weeks total. I sort of missed it a bit, but you really won't feel like eating much. My doctor said I could eat some beef jerky and that helped with the chewing sensation, because I wanted to pulverize it so it didn't cause any problems. You will be chewing food before you know it
  • Did anyone lose hair ? I took Hair, Skin, and Nails prior to the surgery and have continued with them because the doctor said there was something in there that was still good for me to have. I didn't really lose a lot, maybe more of a "shedding" as someone else described. I also used Nioxin shampoo and conditioning treatment for a few months. Not sure if either of these things made the difference, but figured it was worth a try. My hairdresser said that she had seen others who lost a lot of hair, but I was pretty lucky. I think keeping protein up is key, but I understand that anesthesia can also cause people to lose hair even if they didn't have bariatric surgery.
  • I know a few people who have had the rny and they seem to all look gaunt. Is that normal? I think it can happen. I feel like I had that look somewhat initially. Someone posted before that you lose weight distally and gain weight proximally. I found that to be true. I lost weight in my arms and face at first (and I was like geez that isn't where I want to lose it from), but then it sort of shifted. My husband actually said to me the other day that he didn't feel I had the look of someone who has lost weight (if that makes any sense).  I expect that I may look gaunt as I get to my goal (15-20 more pounds from now), but it will sort of adjust in time.
  • How many calories do you eat after?  Honestly, no idea. My doctor doesn't have me track that. His plan is more about focusing on dense protein, low sugar and low fat per serving counts.  Probably 800-1,000, maybe less.
  • How much vitamins can I expect to take? Are they in liquid form? I had a chewable vitamin at first, but it left a nasty taste in my mouth from the iron. Eventually, I switched to a large tablet once I could handle it. I also take a sublingual, Hair, Skin, and Nails, and calcium chews with vitamin D.
  • Good luck on your journey. I can only say that I wish I had the surgery years ago!!!!

Everyone's timing is different.  Don't compare yourself to others. You will lose faster with the surgery than at any other time in your life. Just follow your program. You will get to the finish line eventually.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/19/16 10:07 pm

Good luck on your new job. So exciting. Maybe a new routine will be just what you need to get things back on track.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/19/16 10:04 pm

Great book series! Welcome to the thread.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/19/16 10:02 pm

Oh I love tortellini and/or carbonara. I miss pasta.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/19/16 9:59 pm

Hoping all goes well and your problem is fixed.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/19/16 9:57 pm

I saw Phantom for the first time when I was around 26 and it began my love for musical theatre (Michael Crawford was the Phantom). I had an awesome boss who bought tickets for me and my husband to go with him and his wife, took the day off work and went to LA. I had never been to anything like that before. Many years later, I am now a season ticket holder at the Pantages and got to see it again a year or so ago.  I am going to the Ahmanson tomorrow night with a friend to see Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder. CANNOT WAIT. 

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/19/16 9:51 pm

I just set my DVR to record this movie on Saturday. Can't wait to revisit it.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 4/19/16 9:36 am

Since you are making us pick one of each, that makes things difficult.

I'm gonna go with dark chocolate covered almonds, The Princess Bride for my.movie (comedy, action, adventure, and romance all in one), and The Outlander Series of Books (I have all 7 downloaded as one book on my Kindle so it counts as one).

Cory

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 319 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 316 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 321 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 270 views