G2GAWAY’s Posts

G2GAWAY
on 6/2/16 9:10 pm
Topic: RE: What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

It was called Eat Noho http://eatnoho.com/  The sausage was really good. My daughter  had a burrito of some kind and has had their eggs benedict before and said that was really good too.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

G2GAWAY
on 6/2/16 9:06 pm
Topic: RE: What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

It should be a nice weekend. It will be unseasonably warm for Napa, but we will have a great time. It is a big weekend up there, so we have reservations scheduled already. Delicious food and awesome wine. Looking forward to time with the whole family. 

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 6/2/16 9:17 am

So excited it is Thursday. Two meetings this morning, then a stimulating (not) 3 hour General Accounting Year End closing training class this afternoon.  QOTD:  I love fruit, but don't get to eat too much of it anymore.  Favorite is any kind of berries, but probably blackberries are my favorite. Least favorite is honeydew and peaches.  I had a beautiful fruit cup with breakfast out this weekend in North Hollywood.  I think that unique looking one is dragonfruit-I ate some in Thailand.  It is OK, but definitely not my favorite. The bottom of the cup was mostly honeydew and canteloupe, so I had a couple of pieces of canteloupe, but left that nasty honeydew.  

So, I actually posted my menu plans yesterday because I thought I knew what I was having for dinner, but nope, I changed from chicken to carnitas.  Oh well.  Today I am pretty confident that I will eat this since it is my typical after the gym meal.

B:  Premier Protein (I've seen the posts recently that it may not be the best source of protein, but my labs showed my protein number were good a couple of weeks ago, so I'm sticking with it)

L:  Scallops, salad

D:  Grilled chicken, mixed fruit from Chick Fil A kids meal

S:  Laughing cow cheese wedge, crackers

Have a good day.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 6/1/16 8:41 pm
Topic: RE: Amusement Park Food?!?!?!

You can bury it at the bottom of a backpack under a sweater or something. If they ask about it, tell them you have a medical condition and need it for emergencies.  Good luck.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 6/1/16 8:40 pm
Topic: RE: Amusement Park Food?!?!?!

Beef jerky!!!

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 6/1/16 10:22 am
Topic: RE: Whatcha eating? RNYers

I agree with Selhard, I don't always know what I will be eating for the rest of the day.  But I do today and posted on the other thread.

I had a Honda Odyssey for years.  Tried to keep it until the kids graduated from college, but didn't quite make it because of engine troubles.  I have a Lexus RX350 which I love.  I bought it pre-owned, so it had 36,000 miles on it already and I already have it up to 90,000.  I hope it lasts me 4 or 5 more years, but I put a lot of miles on my car each year.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 6/1/16 10:14 am, edited 6/1/16 1:28 pm

You are rocking the skirt. So happy it is Wednesday.  I work in two different locations depending on the day of the week, so these weeks really mess me up.  Since Tuesday was my Monday and I have meetings most of Monday, I was at the hospital office yesterday, and again today due to a class, then splitting locations tomorrow for a year-end training meeting tomorrow, two locations again on Friday due to meetings, but then I am flying to No Cal for a quick Napa weekend with my husband and both daughters.  It will be a whirlwind, but should be lots of fun. 

I really want to try to wear dresses/skirts.  I'm almost ready to do that.  Haven't done it in years and I know that I will get lots of grief (all in good fun) from my co-workers.  I've always had small calves (relatively speaking), so I'm not sure why I gave it up.  I guess I couldn't wear the heels anymore.

B:  Premier Protein Shake

L:  Grilled shrimp, salad, green beans

D:  Grilled chicken and fruit

S:  Laughing Cow Cheese, 6 saltines 

QOTD:  I can swim.  Although I prefer to float around on an air mattress.  I am not good at the "official" swimming where you turn your head and breathe at intervals, but I had to do it to get scuba certified because we had to swim a lot of laps to pass the test. I prefer the ocean to the lake, but I will go in a lake when it is hot.  We go to Lake Mojave about once a year and those darn fish nip at you when you are floating around.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/31/16 6:34 pm
Topic: RE: What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

I think it is good to change things up. I go to the gym with the trainer twice during the week, but enjoy hiking when I can on the weekends. That is great that it is free too!  My trainer always recommends the stair stepper. That is some hard stuff.  I did 5 minutes last time at the gym. I'll keep working at it in between the treadmill and recumbent bike. Funny, I don't ever do the elliptical. Just find one you like to keep you interested.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/31/16 4:28 pm

Oh yeah, and cat pee on furniture.  We had a cat suddenly decide to pee on our couch repeatedly. And I did not want to get rid of the couch, so my miracle worker carpet cleaning guy (uses a dry cleaning method) managed to get the smell out.  It took a while, but it is gone!!!  I even took the cat to the vet to make sure she wasn't sick or trying to tell us she had a bladder infection. Nope, she was just being tempermental.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/31/16 4:26 pm

I can never post in the morning.  I barely get to work as it is :)  So I post when I can and figure some people read late in the day.  How did the workout at work go?

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/31/16 4:25 pm

I love 3 day weekends.  I used to work 4-10s and I loved that schedule-a 3 day weekend every week. It sounds like many of you had a weekend filled with doing things you enjoyed.  I had a lovely weekend. I spent Saturday doing a couple of hikes with my daughter, enjoyed time at the beach in Santa Monica on Sunday, and a movie and dinner with my husband on Monday.  I made some good choices.  Lots of shrimp was involved. Thank goodness I love shrimp.  And my daughter and I went to a tapas restaurant, which was awesome because we shared the small plates and had a wonderful dinner of grilled artichoke hearts, scallops (2 on the plate to share), hardboiled eggs (3 halves), and strip steak.  And there might have been a glass of wine involved   As my mom would have said, it was "delicious and divine" and just the right portion size for me-and very protein forward.

I had an exciting NSV at the movies.  The movies were kind of crowded and we were not there early.  There were only two seats available in the area we like to sit.  Typically, I would have avoided that so that I wasn't invading someone's space with my hips and shoulders hanging into their seat.  It was quite exciting to realize that I wasn't infringing into their area at all!

My husband says I am a bloodhound---I smell everything. Lots of things bother me, but the one that really turns my stomach (which I don't smell around my house anymore) is ketchup that was opened and put on a plate (for French fries-of course) and then thrown in the tra**** just smells nasty.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/27/16 10:10 pm
Topic: RE: Eating out in USA

I have had great success eating out just about anywhere.  Just ask for what you want.  I tend to like shrimp or scallops, so if I go somewhere that serves it I don't even look at the menu and I ask the server if there is any way to get a side or skewer of either of these. Just have something in mind and ask if they can help you.  My doctor gave me a card to present to the restaurant that would let me order a kids meal, but honestly, I have never used it.  I have told them that I had surgery and need to eat a certain way. Peruse menus online ahead of time if you can.  That helps.  I often order an appetizer for my meal.  Sometimes I order with my husband or daughter (something like steak and scallops) and we share. Not sure if that will work for you.  Don't be afraid to ask for what you want.

P.S. I have not been there, but I hear that the lobster is pretty inexpensive there. The option for that might be to have your husband order something like steak and lobster and you just eat some of it.

Good luck and have an awesome trip.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/27/16 10:42 am
Topic: RE: What's on Your (photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

So sorry to hear you are having a bad day. You are always so positive, helpful, and supportive to everyone.  It sounds like being there with your family later is why your husband's aunt needs, so maybe that is for the best.  June 14th will be here before you know it, especially with all this going on with your family. I will be thinking of you.  You will get through this.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/27/16 10:37 am

I saw the original post a while back about crossing legs causing trouble.  Why can't I stop crossing mine?  I do it all the damn time. I wonder what I did before and why do I want to do it now.  I cross them at my desk, in a restaurant, everywhere.  So weird.  I have to stop.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/27/16 10:27 am

Wow, that sounds awful.  Glad you are on the mend.  Cats always help, just by being there.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/27/16 10:25 am

Love the shoes.  

My big plans include going to visit my daughter *****cently (about a month or two ago) moved to North Hollywood. I actually get to stay at her apartment overnight tomorrow night because her roommate is out of town. We have a couple of hikes planned and some dinner and maybe the beach.  Then I am coming back home Sunday night to spend part of the long weekend with the hubby. 

Hope you have a great weekend.

Here is a picture from a couple of weekends ago when the whole family was together for a day (hubby is taking the picture).

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/26/16 10:33 pm
Topic: RE: Any regrets?

Nope. Not for a single moment.  Only wish I had done it years ago!

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/26/16 11:26 am, edited 5/26/16 4:51 am

It is so awesome to get rid of clothes!  I used to have to try on clothes before I packed for a trip to make sure they were big enough.  It was fun when I had to try them on to make sure they were small enough and wouldn't fall off.  You will feel better wearing clothes that fit.  I had lots of sizes in my closet to shop from.  The fun really began when I had to actually go out and shop, but don't overbuy things as you will go through them quickly.  Good luck.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/26/16 11:23 am

Yeah, the waiter was NOT a fan of our food ordering.  AT.ALL.  Haha.  But we didn't care, we ordered as we wanted to.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/26/16 11:22 am

I was a bit jealous of the DC meetup, so it was quite fun to get to do one in Cali.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/26/16 11:18 am

The evening was great fun.  Thanks for organizing the group. I'm tired though.  I can't believe you ran your 6 miles this morning.  Impressive.  Hope you have fun at the bonfire tonight.  I'm a bit jealous.  It sounds like fun.  Let us know when you will be back down here a visit.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/26/16 11:11 am

It was great fun.  Definitely thanks to Kelly for organizing our get together. 

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/26/16 11:10 am

Happy birthday!  Hope you have an awesome day.  Sounds like it is off to a great start. White crop pants are the best to get into the mood of summertime!  Size 6 is awesome. 

Thanks for always adding your great sense of humor and your cleverness in coming up with an interesting QOTD every day.  Even if I don't get to post, I love reading the responses.  I decided that I was going to bring my iPad to work so I can post every day, but that went out the window yesterday because damn work got in the way.  I don't like typing on my phone, because it takes too long.  

Had a great time meeting some of the people on the boards in person last night.  Can't wait to do it again sometime.  And while the reasons Grim aka John was out here is a sad one, I never expected I would get to meet the legend live and in person.

I am exhausted today though because the freeway was closed on the way home, which required some crazy detours and got me home super late.  Thank goodness I only have 2 meetings today and the budget book is now in the hands of the Board so I have a few seconds of down time without crazy deadlines.  But I have to read a chapter of a book for a 3 pm business related book club.  Better get cracking.  Have a great day.

Oh yeah QOTD.  No tattoos for me, my husband, or my kids. I don't think I could endure the pain and have no idea what I would want, so I doubt I will ever get one at this stage in my life.

Food-I have no idea.  I have had premier protein so far.  Need to add something more to my breakfasts now. Probably going to have scallops for lunch and chicken for dinner.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/25/16 10:00 am

I have scuba dived (is that how you say it?) while heavy. It took a lot of weight to keep that buoyant body down. It will be interesting to see how much weight it takes now. There will definitely be a learning curve to figure it out.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/25/16 9:56 am

That sucks that you have to work Memorial Day. I had to come in a couple of years ago and work on the budget book that weekend. So as sucky as work has been, we got it done and now do not have to come in. I ditched out last year due to my RNY surgery. I can relate to the workouts helping. I have spent my last few sessions with the trainer *****ing, moaning, and venting about work while I work out. I figure it's just like the hairdresser...they let you rant while they do what they need to do. Have a great day.

Cory

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 319 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 316 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 321 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 270 views