G2GAWAY’s Posts

G2GAWAY
on 7/13/16 11:15 pm
Topic: RE: NSV ok this is weird!

I have had the same experience with not having to go to the bathroom all the time, including no longer getting up several times in the middle of the night.  However, I feel that the last to go has been abdominal fat.  That is still hanging around, along with lots of extra skin from having twins many years ago and carrying around excess weight for years.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

G2GAWAY
on 7/10/16 6:41 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your Sunday Menu, RNYers?

I have eaten relatively few protein bars over the last year.  I have used them occasionally to add to the protein or in emergency situations when other food choices are not great. I do still use Premier Protein in the morning, but I have never been a breakfast person, so it works well for me and gives me 30 grams of protein. I feel most satisfied when I eat dense protein for lunch and dinner and a snack of cheese or something else with some protein in it.  Hope you are healing well.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 7/10/16 6:38 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your Sunday Menu, RNYers?

I was very worried about being cold all of the time because I was always cold before.  But it didn't get any worse for me. Thank goodness. I just always carry a long sleeve sweater with me everywhere I go. 

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 7/9/16 11:51 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Saturday Menu, RNYers?

Clothes shopping is a struggle now...just a different struggle. Not only tough to find the right size/fit, but a few pounds makes a huge difference. I have been getting a medium in some things and large in others (big boob problems with buttons-but then they are loose everywhere else).  Pants are a mystery, every brand is different.  My stuff is ranging from 8-12 now.

It definitely is hard to buy online because I really have to try everything on.  Have a good day.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 7/9/16 11:48 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Saturday Menu, RNYers?

I want to go to Maine one day. In fact, I would like to visit much of the East Coast.  Our favorite place for years has been Hilton Head Island, SC.  We have a timeshare at the beach and spent two weeks there in September for about 15 years, until the kids left for college and it didn't work in the schedule. We trade the timeshares for other places now, but went back to Hilton Head last year for a week.  Our new favorite place is Loreto, Mexico. We can't wait to go there again. And my truly favorite vacation spot is wherever I am heading next!  Enjoy your getaway.  

We are heading to Temecula in about an hour (late start due to the other folks arriving, but good because that means we aren't drinking all day).  I'm the DD and it is only tasting, but it can get to you quickly.  We will have dinner down there and I picked the place and know the menu has good choices (vs. pub type food).  I am hoping to have scallops.

I wasn't enjoying chicken for a while, but have had chicken lettuce wraps several times out and they have been yummy.  I feel victim to a Krispy Kreme donut yesterday. I had a 7:30 meeting and it was there and I had not finished my protein shake yet. It wasn't even that good or worth it, so hopefully that is the end of that nonsense. The rest of the day was on target with my shake, grilled shrimp, vegies, salad,  chicken lettuce wraps, and laughing cow cheese wedge with 6 saltines.

Lobster sounds delicious. I hear it is very inexpensive in Maine.  I need to visit for that reason alone.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 7/8/16 10:06 am
Topic: RE: What's on Your (photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

Happy birthday!  Hope you have a great day tomorrow.  Oh good, I do have a special skill. That is a relief. I read super fast too.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 7/8/16 10:03 am

To answer your question, we received a teak cheese platter with glass dome almost 33 years ago.  I make a cheese ball and use it all the time. Julie Pomerantz stuff was very popular back then...I think we received two of them. We didn't actually register, that was only for the upper class folks back then who were requesting china, etc.  But that is definitely the one thing I use all the time. Used it on 4th of July weekend too.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 7/8/16 10:01 am

Love this picture!  

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 7/8/16 10:00 am

I am a terrible selfie taker.  I bought a selfie stick too and that never works out very well.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 7/8/16 9:57 am

I have been going to the same hairdresser for 26 years.  My kids had never had anyone else touch their hair until they were 22.  One moved away and had it cut by someone else for the first time last month and the other just wanted a change.  Hairdressers are important!  

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 7/8/16 9:55 am

So funny about the food.  I used to gather all of that stuff up and take it with me when we went camping. The kids (especially my nephew) would always eat it and be excited to have it.   

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 7/8/16 9:53 am

Pudding pops sound great.  I can relate to the one size fits all thing.  Those hotel room robes never fit before, but now they do!

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 7/8/16 9:52 am

Beautiful beach!

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 7/8/16 9:50 am

EWWWWW on your special skill.  I have to look away from stuff like that. My daughter can raise her eyebrows too.  I don't think I have any special skills that I can think of.

Going to go to Temecula and do some wine tasting in the afternoon, followed by dinner, all with my hubby, daughter, sister-in-law (his sister) and her husband.  We don't see them often, so it should be enjoyable.  I want to get a manicure and pedicure too, but not sure if that will happen. Have to fly out Monday afternoon for work and will be gone 3 nights, so I have to pack on Sunday. Uggh. We are in the midst of year-end accruals and I am supposed to spend next week reviewing and approving them, but won't be here. So I will have lots to catch up on when I return.  

Here is a picture from last weekend at my favorite little beach in Laguna.  I love the beach and always say I will go more frequently in the summer, but then get busy with so many other fun things. 

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 7/7/16 8:53 pm
Topic: RE: What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Ahh man, one more thing. I couldn't carry a tune if it had a handle.  I wish I could whistle like that too. 

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 7/7/16 10:46 am

Oh wow.  I can't do cartwheels either.  I had a friend who could do handsprings and roundoffs and things and I was so jealous.  I wouldn't even attempt a cartwheel now. I think I am good with not being able to do everything.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 7/7/16 10:44 am

Oh I can't roll my tongue in a taco either.  I learned that when my daughter had to go to "tongue thrust" therapy during braces.  I can wink though.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 7/7/16 10:40 am

Good morning (on the West Coast), good afternoon to all the rest.  Yesterday was the Day.From.Hell. at work.  So much to get done and not enough time.  Today is shaping up to be just as challenging. Back to back meetings with no time to get work done and everyone is bringing me problems looking for solutions. I did leave work right at 5 last night to go see Beautiful (the Carole King musical) at the Pantages, which was fabulous.  It made for a late night (in bed at 1:15 am, up at 6:30), so I will be dragging later today. I will probably need some caffeine and I do not drink coffee.

Things I can't do.  So many things I am sure, but two that come to mind are whistling (always wished I could do that super loud whistle) and polish nails (mine or anyone else's, fingers or toes).  Braiding really isn't my thing either, but I guess I can sort of do a basic braid. Oh yeah, and water ski.  I tried that in my 20s until my arms were spaghetti noodles with exhaustion, but never mastered it.  Now I am up to 4 things (and will probably think of others as I read the posts later today). Way to depress me about all of the things that I can't do.  LOL.  Actually, I usually can do almost anything I set my mind to, I just didn't set my mind to these things I guess.

I have to talk about yesterday's menu because we ate at a place near the Pantages that we had not tried before and they actually had Zoodles on their menu.  I didn't have that, but I did have the chicken lettuce wrap tacos, which were delicious.  The cashier tried to tell me I would want to order something else because they were 3 small tacos, but they were just perfect.  I want to try the zoodles dish next time.

Today's menu will be flexible. Only have a very brief lunch in between meetings, so will probably get the Wendy's apple pecan chicken salad.  I will probably grab some shrimp skewers on the way home because I hate to cook (I could if I wanted to, so that isn't on my can't do list-it's on my won't do list).

Have a great day!  Tomorrow is Friday!!!!!!!

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 7/5/16 10:39 pm
Topic: RE: What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Such a great question to ask. I will have to remember that. 

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 7/5/16 10:37 pm

So happy to hear that!  

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 7/5/16 9:39 pm
Topic: RE: I did it but...

Wow. Brave bold move. I hope that it brings you peace and continued relief. When one door closes, another opens. This is the beginning of a new chapter in your life.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 7/5/16 10:15 am

Finding Dory was awesome!!!  We saw it on Sunday.  My neighbors were shocked that we went to see a cartoon. I explained that Pixar movies are not really cartoons and we all loved it.  So glad they brought in the great parts from Finding Nemo.  And I loved the reject bird and seal.  Made me laugh everytime and Cuddle Buddy!!!

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 7/5/16 10:13 am

Enjoy the session with your trainer.  Just focus on you and don't worry about anyone else.  The truth is everybody is more worried about themselves. Do this for you and only you!!!  I have bad knees too and we just do things to strengthen around them.  I can't do lunges or any forward type movement, but can do the leg press where you lay on your back.  They will help find what works for you.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 7/5/16 10:09 am

Happy short work week!  Spent the weekend with both daughters, one boyfriend, and the neighbors.  We were very busy. Dinner to meet the boyfriend on Friday night, enjoyed a great day at my favorite beach on Saturday, saw Finding Dory with the kids (although they are all adults) on Sunday, followed by a BBQ with the neighbors at our house, and a day of vegging (is that a word) and watched Whiskey Foxtrot Tango from Redbox.  I also did some returns to Kohls and intermittent housework and laundry. Fun stuff. The good news is we liked the boyfriend and the daughters didn't fight (although there were some close calls-may be why my stomach hurt all weekend).

QOTD: I would rather take a shower every day and wear the same clothes. I am not a big "sweater," so I could hang with that. My daughters are very upset that they didn't get that gene from me, because they sweat in tank tops in an air conditioned car. I gave them lots of good genes, but I couldn't give them everything.

B:  Premier Protein

L:  Chicken fajitas 

D:  Shrimp skewers 

S:  Laughing Cow Cheese and crackers

Potential future QOTD:  Showers in the morning or at night?

Have a great week!

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 7/4/16 8:12 pm
Topic: RE: What is on your 4th of July Menu RNYers?

I was on Prilosec and another stomach medicine from day one (Carafate I think).  I stopped taking Carafate after a month or two per the doctor, but have still been on Prilosec for a year.

Cory

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 254 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 381 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 378 views