Happy Saturday!! What's on your menu today?

Ymaliz
on 10/26/24 5:26 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning weekenders ~ Here for accountability as always. I'd rather sleep in but just can't. Foot-good, work-sucks and I spend less than $100 for once at Costco yesterday! I ended the day with a 2nd dinner w/wine and going over 700 calories and I feel like a whale right now - no offense to actual whales...And the dodgers won - great game ending with a grand slam in the 10th, it was awesome. Today I am taking Chloe on a short hike, getting a pedicure, grocery store for a couple things. There is a little festival in town - fall themed w/car show - I might walk over and walk around. House stuff of course. We are grilling tonight and watching the original Halloween movie tonight. There is hope for a nap in there too!

QOTD - How do you deal with setbacks like going off the rails or missing your workouts? Old diet culture is deeply ingrained in me and I first beat myself like we were taught - it's very cruel. You can't be cruel to yourself and stay motivated. Self compassion whether you think you deserve it or not can help you stay motivated. When you give yourself grace and move on, you are being as kind to yourself as you would a friend. Would you be cruel to a friend? All this to say for me - I ate too much pizza and had 2 glasses of wine on top of my entire menu yesterday and while I'm mad I did it, I am moving forward no punishment. I'll get to kind words at some point - I'm work in progress.

Accountability - see above - not great for food, but 66 active minutes and 11,760 steps. 167.8 this morning - no real plan to exercise - just be semi-active today.

b- coffee, eggbeater and cheese wrap in air fryer

l - rotisserie chicken and salad

d - grilled lemon dijon chicken and asparagus

s - hot quest chips with plain greek yogurt dip

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

White Dove
on 10/26/24 6:02 am - Warren, OH

We are so much harder on ourselves than we would be with others. What really matters is the good habits we practice every day and not the occasional slip up. This week the Great British Baking Show had a technical to make spanokopita. It is a Greek spinach pie made with phyllo dough, spinach, and feta cheese. I have never eaten it and decided to order it for dinner.

When it came I really did not care for it. It looks delicious but just too salty and the feta seemed to strong, although I love feta in Greek salads. I ended up putting it in the refrigerator to see if I like it better today, but probably won't. Most likely will order pizza for dinner. I hate wasting food, but sometimes can't help it.

It is 47 degrees here and will be cold and rainy this weekend, but next week back to the 70's and sunshine. Probably the last nice weather before next spring so I will be out enjoying it.

=

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Recent Topics
Compassion, Self Unnerstannin
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 17 views
Its Caturday!! :)
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 34 views
Happy Friday!
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 58 views
What's on your (photo) Friday menu?
Ymaliz · 46 replies · 372 views