What's on your (photo) Friday menu?

White Dove
on 10/25/24 8:39 am - Warren, OH

Love the Halloween packages. My aunt made Easter baskets for her kids all of her life. Even when they were in their 40's they knew they would get an Easter basket from mom. I keep seeing people on Facebook with Halloween catacariee boards. Seems like a yummy idea for us with adult children or for a Halloween party.

Being Irish, I always loved Halloween. It was a tradition that started in Ireland thousands of years ago as the night before the start of the new year. Their new year started on November 1 and the night before was used to reflect on the connection between the living and the dead. Hallow sort of meant holy and it was the night of holy and deceaed spirits. November 1 is now All Saints Day for Catholics.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Teenie
on 10/25/24 10:21 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Someday I would love to get one of those. You made their plane reservation That is hysterical to me. The day I started 7th grade my mom told me if I wanted laundry done, I should figure out how to use the washing Machine. Definitely a different time and a different place. I know it is for you. I get it.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Icecream Dreamer
on 10/25/24 11:01 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

We've had a deal with them since they left for college. Everytime they wanna come home it's on us. I don't want them to budget for coming home. When they travel to see friends or go places they are on their own. When they come home it's on us. I don't ever want coming home be difficult for them so I take all the planning off their plates. And as you said, yes it's for me to see my kidlets and squeeze them till they scream.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 142.8

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 10/25/24 12:41 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

That is such a great approach!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 10/25/24 1:12 pm - Warren, OH
On October 25, 2024 at 5:21 PM Pacific Time, Teenie wrote:

Someday I would love to get one of those. You made their plane reservation That is hysterical to me. The day I started 7th grade my mom told me if I wanted laundry done, I should figure out how to use the washing Machine. Definitely a different time and a different place. I know it is for you. I get it.

Wow 7th grade. I was 7 when I made my first communion and I remember my mother taking some of the money I got for gifts to use to repair the washing machine. I had been doing laundry and turned the knob the wrong way and it was $35 for a repairman to fix it.

On Saturday I did the washing, put all the white shirts and blouses in liquid starch and hung them up to dry. They were stiff as boards. On Sunday I ironed and hung up all of the shirts and blouses for my brothers and sisters to wear to Catholic school all week.

I think I was in 7th grade when spray starch was introduced. It was such a wonderful thing to me. I could just spray the clothes and iron them and no longer had to do the starching and drying the day before. I was the oldest and I guess very responsible because I never complained or skipped chores.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Emiepie
on 10/25/24 12:49 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I always love seeing the boxes you put together.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Recent Topics
Happy Friday!
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 48 views
What's on your (photo) Friday menu?
Ymaliz · 45 replies · 353 views
What's on your Thursday menu?
Ymaliz · 42 replies · 347 views
Another Tuff Day!
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 63 views
What's on your Wednesday menu?
Ymaliz · 59 replies · 440 views