What's on your Thursday menu?

Ymaliz
on 10/24/24 8:36 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Nailing hydration! I stick to the same foods for the most part, but I need variety so I rotate often.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Icecream Dreamer
on 10/24/24 8:42 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I'm not a big foodie, so if I have a Costco size of chicken meatballs and I open it, I keep eating it every day till I fini****
I put more thought and prep time into my icecreams than my meals!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 142.8

PGW: 140-142

Ymaliz
on 10/24/24 9:03 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I could not eat anything Costco size until it was gone! Ice cream is where you get your variety - so many flavors!

catwoman7
on 10/24/24 8:43 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I woke up at 3:00 AM and couldn't get back to sleep - but I finally fell asleep again around 8:00 AM for a couple of hours. Ugh. I wish I could get back to a regular schedule - this has been going on for too long!

My sister and BIL arrive today and will be here for about 10 days. Luckily they're staying at a hotel. Having house guests for more than three or four days gets to be wearing, so I'm glad they're staying at the hotel. One of my classes was canceled today, and I think I might skip the other one. I have way too much to do. I'm behind on classes again, have to get a book read for a book discussion group on Monday, and I'm a little over halfway through the one I have to write the review on by Nov 1. Plus the FSA stuff is due tomorrow (along with DH's other insurance stuff for 2025), so I have to decide once and for all how much extra $$ we should put in there, given the hearing aid thing is unknown. We could probably spend an extra $300 or so, stocking up on OTC meds (or maybe getting another pair of glasses) - but the extra $1000 or so we'd need to cover a big chunk of a hearing aid would be hard to use up if it turns out I don't need one (and we can't carry anything over into 2026 since DH wants to retire next summer). Ugh.

QOTD: now that I'm not working, weekdays and weekends are about the same. I originally was going to say that we have more social events, like parties, on the weekends - but then again, I sometimes meet friends or have meetings over lunch on weekdays, so it's kind of a draw. Social things like lunches out and parties are always a challenge for me.

coffee with half & half

plain skyr with SF apple butter, rye crumpet with butter and apple butter (I like the apple butter, evidently!)

maybe the rest of the channa dal for lunch (there's at most a cup of it left)

protein shake or protein muffin

celeriac soup and some kind of protein

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Ymaliz
on 10/24/24 9:07 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I love Dal. Do you make your own or buy it? Recipe if you have it, please!

Partlypollyanna
on 10/24/24 11:00 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I hate the open enrollment period. Would it help with your decision on the FSA is you consider that the real benefit is the pre tax vs post tax dollars? If you put 1k in and need it, it's going to save you x based on your tax rate because , but if you don't put it in and need it, you won't have that tax savings. Obviously, if you put it in and don't use it, then that's cost but you would have gotten the Tax break so it might not be as bad as you are thinking.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 10/24/24 9:01 am - Warren, OH

When I am not working, weekdays and weekends are the same. When I did work, weekends were more likely to be outdoor exercise and weekdays more likely to be the treadmill.

The book, The Shift, was really eye opening and life changing for me. It came out during the pandemic when I had time on my hands and not as many outside activities. I read it several times, also had it on the Kindle and the audio version in my car. I was pretty obsessed with finally getting the excess weight off and keeping it off.

Weigh****chers has changed their program completely and the book is a blueprint for that. I was involved in the new program from the start. It is so different from all the old taboo foods and all the guilt. Since it was online I never had to face the scale. Now I am well under goal and have no problem staying there. I eat any food I want and no longer have cravings or guilt. I eat carbs, fat, sugar, and drink real Cherry Coca Cola.

I used to go through four bottles of Diet Coke everyday and was always stocking up on it. Now a six-pack lasts well over a month. I have candy in the house and rarely touch it. I have bought pie and cake and throw it away after it sits about a wee****ouched. I finally feel free of all the guilt and craziness all those years over food choices.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Ymaliz
on 10/24/24 9:11 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I look forward to listening to the rest of the book and already want a hard copy to highlight for reference. I've already had so many a-ha moments re: setbacks and self-compassion.

Julia S.
on 10/24/24 10:48 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- Not much difference since I WFH.

I didn't go to the nature park, it was raining so I opted out. I wish I had gone because it was only a passing squall and I wouldn't have gotten soaked. Today I will go, it's cold right now 45 and sunny, so no excuses. Gloves and a jacket and I'll be fine.

I need to go to Costco their sale started today and they a have $50 off a second pair of glasses so I'm finally going to get my prescription filled. I'm not sure why I've put it off. They have a treadmill I'm tempted to buy it's $300 off starting 11/18 the only problem is I honestly don't have anyplace to put it. I miss having one, no matter how crappy the weather is you can always use it. On the other hand if I just get myself to the gym I won't need it.

I should get back to work. Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday menu?
Ymaliz · 28 replies · 165 views
Another Tuff Day!
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 43 views
What's on your Wednesday menu?
Ymaliz · 59 replies · 397 views
What's on your Tuesday menu?
Ymaliz · 34 replies · 314 views