What's on your Monday menu?

catwoman7
on 10/21/24 1:00 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I forgot about protein pancakes - I make those once in a while, too. I usually top mine with plain Greek yogurt and homemade fruit sauce (I cook down berries and add artificial sweetener and some vanilla for that - sometimes a little cinnamon, too).

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

catwoman7
on 10/21/24 7:07 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I had a couple of very busy weeks and didn't manage to get on here until the afternoon or evening - so I did read through the posts (and commented on a few), but didn't bother posting myself since I didn't think anyone would see them that late in the day (not that it would matter, I guess - it might have still helped ME, right??). Anyway, a slightly less-packed week ahead, although my sister and her husband will be here at the end of the week (from Nevada), so there's that. Although they'll probably take over a lot of mom-duty while they're here, so that will help a lot.

I have a film discussion group meeting later this morning, and I need to get caught up on classes, read a book for an upcoming book discussion group, and finish another book that I'm supposed to write a review for for a university retiree newsletter. My deadline for that is Nov 1. How do I let myself get talked into doing these things? Oh well - it's all do-able as long as I stay focused.

QOTD: I'm at a 28 BMI. My PCP is fine with it because she's OK with BMIs up to 30 for people over age 60, but I'm not happy with it. My normal range tops out at 154 lbs, and honestly, I do look my best in the 150s. I think I look OK at my current weight, but I often feel heavy and bloated, which I hate. I've gotten as low as the high 130s (at two years post-op). I loved how light I felt, but I looked terrible. 150s is really my best weight range. Getting down to that is a different story. You'd think it wouldn't be that hard to lose 15 lbs, but this close to a normal BMI, it is. It's going to take a huge commitment and a ton of focus. Unfortunately, I seem to have lost that. I wish I had the resolve I had during the first two or three years after surgery. ARGGH. But it's either that, or I need to be happy with where I'm at.

other than Friday night (party), accountability has been pretty good lately.

coffee with half & half

plain skyr with fruit and a tablespoon of granola

either channa dal or a Mexican "salad" (salad greens topped with taco filling, plain Greek yogurt, tomatoes, and salsa)

protein ice cream or protein muffin

whatever I don't have for lunch, I'll have for dinner

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Ymaliz
on 10/21/24 8:43 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I struggle with that choice too. I'm happy where I am - I feel pretty good, but I know I would feel better at a lower weight and with less belly fat.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Lisa91941
on 10/21/24 7:54 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning. Man, I am really slacking without my trainer urging me out of bed on Monday mornings. But I have a plan today and I will execute it.

Yesterday had no organized exercise and very few exercise minutes. But I got lots done including gutting out the fridge and freezer and scrubbing them out and reorganizing. Very satisfied feelings and I've got a clear list of items I need for my menus this week. I did great on food, and lots of water. I added a glass of wine to dinner because grilled Carne Asada sounded like it would be great with a glass of red wine, and it was. 283 move calories, 8 minutes exercise, 6,194 steps, 100 grams of protein.

Today I DO have a DEXA scan for muscle/fat/bone density. I'm interested in what it says and a bit bummed I don't have a previous one to compare it too after all this intentional resistance training and weight training. I hope I signed up for the right kind. Details to come. I will leave here in about 1/2 hour and go do my mini summit on Mt. Helix and at least 6 laps on the stairs before I leave for the appointment. Groceries on the way home.

QoTD: This morning my scale says 21.5. 28.8% body fat 37.2% muscle. Hopefully I will know soon how true that is. My happy weight was 118 and I'm hovering around 122 right now. I may move my goal weight based on my muscle mass. The trainer says all the time that the scale isn't the only story and I'm trying to embrace that my new muscles weigh more. But if I find out I don't really have any real muscle mass, I'm gonna be pissed. I come here for accountability and for the support of my peer group. I've made great friends. Best of both worlds.

Bites today

B: beef jerky and protein crackers after Mt. Helix

L: sweet italian sausage and 4 remaining raviolis

D: teriyaki chicken breast with bok choy, Chinese broccoli, cauliflower rice (maybe attempt to make it a fried rice of some sort)

3 ish: yogurt with chocolate pudding mix

9 ish: single serve beef jerky if needed.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Ymaliz
on 10/21/24 8:46 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Can't wait to hear your results!! If you need a temporary Monday morning drill sergeant, let me know!

Icecream Dreamer
on 10/21/24 8:30 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

Oh Yma, I'm joining you on maxi coffee needs. Be very careful with plantar fasciitis and if possible get one of those special soles for your shoes. My podiatrist made me custom made soles that I use when I jog. It's worth the time going to the podiatrist, and insurance covers it.

Had a nice relaxing weekend. Weather was absolutely gorgeous, and the sunshine put us all in a good mood. Yesterday I was supposed to have brunch with my boys' moms' group but one by one they dropped out due to various reasons. There were only two of us left and we usually reschedule when there is not a quorum, but decided to meet up anyway. Loved our one on one breakfast and long walk on the beach.??

QOTD: at the moment my BMI is 23.8. For the longest time I hovered around 24.5 and kept telling myself I didn't go under the knife and rerouted my stomach to be so close to being overweight again. It's a constant daily battle for me. I have to be vigilant and make sure I don't eat/graze on carb and sweets. My ideal weight is between 140-142 and I'm very close to be back in that range. My main strategy is to work out 6 days a week, not weigh myself every day (it messes with my head) and being super vigilant with protein/carb ratio.

My meals yesterday:

• Double cappuccino + 1/2 pumpkin muffin
  • Rotisserie chicken
  • Protein iced coffee
  • 1 Orange + 1/2 Barebells bar
  • E: rest day

Happy start of the week!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 142.8

PGW: 140-142

Ymaliz
on 10/21/24 8:53 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Double capp, yaassssss! All the coffee. I went to a podiatrist way back when and got sme custom orthotics, but they were so thick and didn't fit right in any shoes. I imagine they have improved since then. I may do it now just to have them, even if this doesn't stick around.

Icecream Dreamer
on 10/21/24 9:17 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

She took a cast of my foot and ordered it so it was specific to my foot and my needs. I was so happy with it that I ordered another one. And the good thing is when the plastic part gets thin, due to use, you can just take it to a cobbler and have them replace it. The main part under your heel is made of a harder material and doesn't thin out.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 142.8

PGW: 140-142

ladygodiva1228
on 10/21/24 8:41 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Good Monday morning everyone. We start our second plant outage this week and hopefully it will be noneventful. The tours went well last week, and we had almost 100 people come through to see how the plant works.

The weekend was pretty nice. Went through some clothes and donated a couple of big bags of stuff I haven't worn in years. Broke down my little greenhouse and stored it away until Spring. The garlic bed is ready to be planted and I have a few more things to do in the big garden to close it out for the season.

QOTD: My BMI is currently at 33.4 :( no one to blame but myself. The lowest I had gotten my BMI was 27.4 which had me at 180lbs and I felt pretty good at that weight. I guess I should weigh 160 or below to be in a healthy BMI range. I'll just keep plucking away day after day making small changes here and there and sticking to the changes.

B: 2 hard boiled eggs and Reishi mushroom tea

L: Kale and chicken soup

D: Baked cod with spinach

Have a nice day!!!

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Ymaliz
on 10/21/24 9:00 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Your happy weight is where you feel good and in my opinion, more important than BMI.

Recent Topics