What's on your Monday menu?

Greateight
on 10/21/24 7:01 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Yes, Trek Danome is what was recommended to me.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Ymaliz
on 10/21/24 8:21 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Thanks! I wish mine was only 4.5 minutes! I've been wanting a bike, but more of the big butt seat, comfy variety for leisure riding. Your commitment to exercise is amazing!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Teenie
on 10/21/24 10:28 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I get a foil highlight and haircut and it takes 1 1/2 hours. Being a hairdresser, I cannot understand why 4 1/2 hours unless they are booked to the hilt and work other clients in while you are processing or getting shampooed.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

White Dove
on 10/21/24 6:03 am - Warren, OH

I just checked and weigh 123 at 5'2" so BMI is 22.5. Still a healthy range but I feel too thin at times. The old saying was that you can never be too rich or too thin, but I do feel stronger at about 136 or 25 BMI.

I had plantar fascitis when I worked in an office and wore heels everyday, then took a position in the data center and went to flat shoes. The extra weight on my heels brought it on and it was terrible. Back then I had to use NSAIDS to make the pain bearable. I learned what shoes would help and also used inserts in the shoes.

It had been quiet for years and about a year ago I got new shoes. It only took a few hours for them to aggrevate the left heel and months for it to calm down again. I look for shoes with a lot of padding in the heel area. For anyone who never had it, it feels like there is a fishhook stuck in the heel and makes every step excruciating. I am so glad yours feels better today Amy.

I have no problem at all with maintenance. I allow myself any food and also do not crave it and do not eat very much of it. I pretty much do not eat any sweets just because I no longer enjoy them. I have some Unjury chicken broth that is high protein and prefer that to a milk based shake. I do eat protein first and very few carbs. I did learn so much doing the new Weigh****chers program online during the pandemic. It changed completely how I feel about food and years of cravings and frustration are over with now.

It is a journey and I do my best and also hope I can help others. My nephew's wife is in her 30's and being treated for pre-diabetes. They discussed surgery with her and she will get it if that is the right thing for her. I am so thankful for the advances that have been made in helping people with weight problems, with new medicines, and with the difference in how people are treated now.

I was very inspired by attending the last conference and listening to Dr. Now. He has so much compassion for people and so much patience with them. If he were Catholic, I think the church would make him a saint.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Ymaliz
on 10/21/24 8:27 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Thankfully, I have good shoes and inserts but as the years passed post PF, my shoe choices have not always been good. I never want to go back so I'm wearing some chunky orthotic shoes today, bye-bye for now cute flats.

Teenie
on 10/21/24 6:55 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good morning, Amy and Menuers,

Today is my Sunday and my plans are to get my closets changed over and send all things I did not wear this summer to the VVA. After that I am going to check on Mom. I bought 3 huge containers of Premier powder protein over the weekend because I found it on clearance $17 and now, I have to find the best way to add it in to my menu. I am open for any suggestion on how to use protein powder beside a smoothy.

QOTD: 28.7 I need to be at 145lbs to be at a normal weight. I have been watching my diet and trying to do a protein forward meal. I noticed Saturday I ate 3 hard boiled eggs. Coming here and being accountable really helps. Also jumping on the scale every day helps me gage how I did the day before. If I get a sick feeling in my stomach (like today) I know I need to do better. Trying to add in exercise when I am able. I still get at least a mile walk in every day and Saturday I do a gym workout that is usually strength based and not cardio.

Accountability: Yesterday we took a drive to see the fall foliage and ended up at a restaurant that had shrimp and grits and I could not say no.

TSS: 6 years 10-months 10-days 167.4 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate pumpkin spice creamer

MS: Omelet

CB: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate pumpkin spice creamer

L: hardboiled eggs and chicken thigh

D; eggroll in a bowl

Exercise: Dog walking

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest blessings

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 10/21/24 7:38 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I often make muffins with protein powder. Unlike a lot of baked goods that need butter for structure, muffins are pretty forgiving. I use plain Greek yogurt or some canned pumpkin to replace the fat (used to use unsweetened applesauce occasionally, too), fake sugar, and I add three scoops of plain or vanilla-flavored protein powder. In addition, sometimes I'll replace half the flour with oatmeal or crushed bran flakes (this doesn't necessarily save a lot of calories, but it makes them healthier and more filling). I usually make the jumbo kind, which in most cases I can get down to 200-250 calories each. Not exactly a "light" snack, but not awful given how filling they are. And they have over 10 grams of protein in them (sometimes as high as 18, depending on what all I have in them)

and there's protein ice cream, too..

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 10/21/24 7:56 am - Warren, OH

I have tried many recipes with protein powder in baked goods and feel like it just ruined them. I did do a lot of protein ice cream and know protein ice cream is helping others.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Icecream Dreamer
on 10/21/24 8:38 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Protein coffee ****d or hot), I prefer iced.
protein naan (or most baked goods)

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 142.8

PGW: 140-142

Ymaliz
on 10/21/24 8:39 am, edited 10/21/24 1:39 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Weighing everyday is key for me, too. I need to know, good, bad or ugly and to post it here. I spent to much time hiding which just lead to more regain. I went through a protein pancake phase early on. A scoop of protein, an egg, a little water and a little baking powder. I would add some cinnamon, vanilla and sweetener and you basically have cake. My downfall for pancakes is butter - I want a little pancake with my butter so I had to stop.

Recent Topics