What's on your (photo) Friday menu?

Ymaliz
on 10/18/24 6:54 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Those trees! Fascinating how they've grown there, just beautiful.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Teenie
on 10/18/24 7:16 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I also loved all the pictures this week. Thank you for sharing.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Teenie
on 10/18/24 7:02 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Amy and Meneurs,

I really enjoyed the week on the menu. Lots of great ideas and encouragement. I miss the days when Grim would scrutinize our menus and remind us of the rules we signed up for. Hope everyone else is getting a new outlook on what this thread can be. Positive vibes with a little tough love thrown in. Not in a mean way but in an accountability way. Feedback has been great this week. I am hoping this is my turn it around point.

Weekend looks like 3 days for me! Whoo-hoo. Tomorrow I am going to gym in the morning, then Mom duty. I have out of town guest coming mid-November, so I need to get some food prep done. I plan on getting the Braciole done for the meat pot this weekend and maybe a cheesecake if time allows. It is peak fall this weekend and should be in the low 70's, so I want to get out to see the leaves. If Ron finishes the shed, I hope to go to a museum or the Shanksville Memorial on Monday.

QOTD: I so needed this in my 20's but never realized how overweight I really was. I called myself the dyslexic anorexic. I looked in the mirror and thought I was skinny. I even was approved and was 2 days away from surgery in 2015 and I chickened out. I don't know if I would have been nearly as successful if I did it any earlier.

Accountability: I snacked on 1/2 honey crisp apple with 2 tablespoons on Snicker doodle Cannoli dip from Aldi and I was about 350 calories over what Fitness pail allotted me and I only had 90 proteins. Never got to treadmill damn dog wouldn't got to the bathroom so we were out walking for over 45 minutes, at least I was moving

TSS: 6 years 10-months 7-days 165.4 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate pumpkin spice creamer

MS: Chobani zero sugar cookies and cream Greek yogurt, Strawberrys and blueberries

CB: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate pumpkin spice creamer

L: Spaghetti squash and last bite of sausage and pulled beef that were left over in the fridge

D; Chicken thigh with Korean BBQ sauce and roasted brussels sprouts

Exercise: Dog walking

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest blessings

Chrissy

This is the exact recipe i used for the Spaghetti squash.

Moose farts (Hand Made) and pumpkin truffles from Aldi. I thought it was very cute for the game last Sunday.

The neighbor's dog jumped in Rons lap when he came in the house to watch the game Sunday. He looks like he is supposed to be there.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Ymaliz
on 10/18/24 7:22 am, edited 10/18/24 12:24 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I'm glad you are liking the thread, that means a lot! Great pic's!!! That platter is so cute!

White Dove
on 10/18/24 8:30 am - Warren, OH

I was 48 and 173 pounds at 5'2" tall. I was shocked when the doctor recommended weight loss surgery. I had been fighting diabetes for 10 years and he said it was either insulin or weight loss surgery. He did not explain that weight loss surgery could resolve diabetes or maybe I just did not understand.

Everyone I talked to said that I was way too small for weight loss surgery. I spent another 10 years on insulin and watched my body slowly end up over 210 pounds and my A1C was around 9. I finally decided to do the surgery. I had another doctor by then and he did not think it was a good idea. He told me almost all of his weight loss surgery patients gained all the lost weight back. I was 59 then and talked to a surgeon who said that was the oldest age he would consider surgery. I was going to try the lapband, but he did tell me the do RNY and I listened.

My diabetes was much better after surgery. I lost all the excess weight and felt amazing. But even at 128 the diabetes started to come back. My research seems to show that you need to do the surgery before you start insulin or at the most five years of insulin. After that the pancreas is too weakened to keep the diabetes from returning.

My nephew's wife is in her 30's and was put on Metfomrin for pre-diabetes. The next time they are in town, I plan to talk to both of them about weight loss surgery and explain how doing it early will give a good chance of it going into remission for life. It is not a walk in the park, but such a life-changing option.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Ymaliz
on 10/18/24 9:50 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I was pre- diabetic with a history of type 2 going back generations on my mom's side. That would have been me for sure. I'm hoping I caught in time like you say. My A1C is 4.3 right now!

Julia S.
on 10/18/24 9:30 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- I wish I had done it in my 30's then I wouldn't have so much excess hanging skin. I don't ever regret it.

I got my ballot in the mail yesterday and I am mailing it off today. My Mom called last night and I went over all of the ballot measures with her and she will probably mail hers out today too. This is one thing I won't procrastinate about. I'm also going to make sure my roommate votes if for president if nothing else. Oregon is an all mail election state we have been for over 20 years. You have to sign the back of the ballot and they compare it to the signature that is on file. So no way to cheat unless you force someone to sign it. I can't wait until this election is over.

My roommate hit his leg at work and now has an infection, he is diabetic so easily gets infections and it takes forever to heal and sometimes needs IV antibiotics to kick it. He had to fill out the workmans comp info so not sure what is going on, but he is home today. I'll talk to him when he wakes up.

I'm going to button up my patio set and umbrella for the season. It is supposed to not rain tomorrow and that should give me the time to cover it and put the umbrella in the shed. And my clothes line will go in the shed as well. Other than that no plans, if it is nice I'll try to get a walk in. Sunday is football, and I need to spend some time on my computer to figure out how to get music onto my phone, and move my backup onto the computer rather than one drive. I don't trust any remote drives or clouds.

I need to get back to work.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Lisa91941
on 10/18/24 9:38 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Here for the accountability. Home from the gym and seriously could take a nap. But I have a few things to attend to first. Posting here is one of them.

I did really well with food picks yesterday. Lots of water. 518 move calories, 93 minutes of exercise, 11,129 steps. 91 grams of protein.

Today I think it will be challenging to hit my step goal. I bailed out after 30 minutes on the treadmill because my legs were so fatigued from spin class. I am going to need to really step with intention today to get in another 5K steps. I'm changing out the bedding from summer to winter and have a neighborhood girls night tonight while our mates play poker. Should be great fun.

QoTD: I am pretty pleased with how it all played out. While I never loved my weight, I wasn't too distressed by it until the last 5 years when menopause and a total hysterectomy pushed me to all time highs at weight. At 200 pounds and 5'3, I was miserable. I am closing in on 5 years post surgery and I have learned lots. It's always work. But, choose your hard, right?

Bites today

B: leftover porkchop and winter hash

L: 1 slice protein bread, 1 slice cheese, rotisserie chicken all toasted up and melty, pop chips

3ish: greek yogurt with jello pudding mix

D: TBD. At the neighbors. Could be a real mine trap for me.

9ish: single serving bag of beef jerky if needed

Photos today are my boys, a photo from a walk, and last night's Hunter's moon.

Peace!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Ymaliz
on 10/18/24 10:04 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Always work - truer words!! That moon was magnificent!

Icecream Dreamer
on 10/18/24 10:45 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

You do treadmill after you do a spin class? No wonder your legs are fatigued. Does Apple watch count the steps in spin class. That might count more than any other cardio.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 142.8

PGW: 140-142

Recent Topics