What's on your (photo) Friday menu?

Ymaliz
on 10/18/24 5:14 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning - It's finally Fri-yay!! I looked through my recent photos and besides photos of my rash from a few weeks ago, (and no one need to see that) I have no recent pics. I will make an effort to take pics because even my avatar photo is from before my revision surgery when I was pushing 240 pounds - it needs to go! Excellent go-to options for food without a plan yesterday! Safe options help me stay on track make it easier to make a good choices. Yesterday was a blur! I ended up working for 2 hours from home last night to finish up because I'm off today and I don't want to leave anything or anyone hanging. Today I have a Dr. appt this morning and I'm getting my hair done after that. I love fresh salon hair, it's never the same when I do it, ever! Afterwards I'm running some errands and want to be home to catch the end of the Dodgers playoff game. It's game 5, we're up 3-1, this could be it! A Dodgers-Yankees World Series is looking most likely and I'm looking forward to that. This weekend will be the usual house, errands and football/baseball, with another attempt to watch Salem's Lot. Last week as soon as we turned it on I crashed! And hopefully a long afternoon nap in there somewhere.

Asking for a friend:

QOTD - If you were given a do-over for WLS, at what age would you have done it instead? Would you have opted out or gotten a different surgery? I wasn't ready for it until I actually had it at age 46 and by ready I mean willing. I had no idea what it what it would really entail so I was not actually ready for it!! I really wish I had it at 30. Or maybe even 10ish when it really started to put on weight as a kid, jk... I definitely would have gotten RNY, may have considered DS, but the possible bathroom issues aren't worth it to me, but DS may have helped me avoid a second surgery.

Accountability - great! 82 active minutes and 10,277 steps and a weight workout that focused on the back - it felt good, but I'm very sore now. Today I'm 167.6 and I'm about to get on the treadmill.

B- coffee, eggs and ham

l - jersey mikes or chipotle

d - pork chops, baked potato w/broccoli cheese

s - jerky, apple, edamame

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Emiepie
on 10/18/24 5:27 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Fri-yay for the win! Enjoy the day off after your appt, especially the chair time! Not much planned for the weekend, I have bloodwork in the morning and I'll probably log a few work hours in prep for payroll distribution Monday. I did do three different loops/walks through the dealership lot yesterday, and I will try the same today. It's a good time to start a new habit since it's cooled down quite a bit.

QOTD: Maybe 5 years earlier, I would want to get through my pregnancy and the first few years of being a mom first. I would still do RNY, I feel like it was the right choice for me. I still miss Advil though, small price to pay though.

TSS: 10 years 2 months

B: SF latte, 3 turkey sausage links, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Mixed nuts, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: TBD, I haven't decided yet but we might grab something easy or I always have canned chicken so I can eat that with some net zero tortillas and cheese or flatbread/wasa

ES: Protein ice cream and carbmaster toast

E: 1/2 hour elliptical, 1 mile on treadmill and 20 mins Pilates bar

V/W: On track

Totals: TBD

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Ymaliz
on 10/18/24 6:51 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Great job on getting away from your desk!! Oh how I miss Advil!!

Teenie
on 10/18/24 7:08 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Great Job on the work walk!!!!

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Mkess
on 10/18/24 5:50 am, edited 10/17/24 10:53 pm
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning and Happy Friday,

Busy day today. I'm meeting up with comrades for coffee this morning. A friend invited to see Head and the Heart in an intimate taping this afternoon. I'm speaking at 6pm in Lincoln Park. I have nothing prepared so I'm going improv style with a topic from the audience. Tonight, I'm going to a blues club. And leasing a car and signing the paperwork sometime during the day.

QOTD- 24. However, my lifestyle at the time would not have supported it.

Steps 7202

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt.

L: TBD

D: Carnitas in a bowl.

Pics - My friend Kim, Spike, and I last weekend; Barnaby's - 60 year old pizza joint; Lincoln Park Abraham Lincoln statue vandalized including Palestinian rhetoric; Frank Grimes goes Michael Douglas.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 215. 0 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm still looking for a new plastic surgeon.

"Every day is a good day. There is something to learn, care and celebrate." - Amit Ray

Icecream Dreamer
on 10/18/24 6:01 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

Today I'm meeting a friend for lunch, and then we'll go for a long walk. This is the friend whose every step equals to 1.5 of my steps. I'm happy the route today is flat, because on the uphills I'm always winded behind her. She is so goofy; you look at her you'd think she is the model of etiquette and reserve, but put her in a Zumba class and she is the goofiest person. We had daughters in the same class at school but we had never met, until we met in a Zumba class. I love her to pieces and when we meet (every 3-4 months) my face muscles hurt I laugh so much.

QOTD: about 10 years earlier. But I didn't know anything about WLS then. The second my nutritionist mentioned It I was on board.

This week these signs popped up in the forest , I am assuming due to some sighting. It's pretty normal in our area. What made me stop and take notice is the highlighted part (by me!), because I wondered if the mountain lion doesn't "behave" in the way we expect, will I be even alive to go report to the management? Those are the thoughts that usually keep me entertained and I laugh all by myself at my wittiness.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • TikTok cucumber salad w/hb eggs and capers
  • Barebells bar
  • Protein Icecream - chocolate
  • E: strength training

Happy Fri-yay!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 142.8

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 10/18/24 6:11 am
RNY on 02/14/18

lol, ours include instruction to make loud and big movements but to not be high pitched (it sounds like prey, I guess). Look, I can be loud or I can be low pitched, I cannot be both!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Icecream Dreamer
on 10/18/24 6:28 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 142.8

PGW: 140-142

Ymaliz
on 10/18/24 7:07 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Those signs are everywhere around her too and never thought of that, lol!!!! I get spooked by those signs when I'm hiking alone!!

Greateight
on 10/18/24 6:42 am, edited 10/17/24 11:42 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

4 weeks until we visit Chrissy!

I made it up early and got to swimming. Today I also did about 1300 of the 1600 workout. I definitely could have finished, but I had to leave in order to get to work.

We did drills with the pulling blocks and kick boards plus some other drills like one arm swimming. I don?t kick much, so the pulling block actually makes me faster and the kick board is so, slow. But it?s all about improving.

Marilyn is going to Dallas to help DD move apartments. She leaves this afternoon and returns Sunday night. This should be a good weekend: three days of CrossFit, a haircut, some football and I?m making a shrimp boil in the crockpot tomorrow.

QOTD: I don?t have an exact number, but I wish I had done it earlier so that I wasn?t still on diabetic medications.

Last pictures, thank you for bearing with me. The temple with the faces is Angkor Tom and the one with the trees is Ta Prom (also called Tomb Raider Temple because that?s where it was filmed)

Breakfast: bagel

lunch: chicken

dinner: steak salad

have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Recent Topics