What's on your Wednesday menu?

Ymaliz
on 10/16/24 5:03 am, edited 10/16/24 5:09 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I really appreciate all the support; it really meant a lot. I hope to be that for everyone here as best I can no matter where you are on your journey. I want to talk about it, share experiences, what's working/what's not and all the struggles. I've had lots of struggles on this journey, the biggest by far was my 90-pound regain but there have been plenty of others. They can be brutal, mentally and physically and honestly; I don't know which is worse. I still have 20 pounds to go and the challenges don't stop. Hopefully together we can support one another and make the hard stuff a little less hard.

Proud of myself - I did a 10 minute weight workout when I got home last night! I ran out of excuses and got out of my own way - thank you OH. Let's hope it stays that way because I have another one planned for tomorrow. My shoulders and neck are sore, but I think it helped loosen up the tension from my fall. Today I have a staff meeting, training and two 1:1's. At work we've had an ice machine forever and it died about 2 months ago. I can't believe how much it's affected my water intake! Am I that spoiled? The new one arrives Friday, it'll be like Christmas!

QOTD - What is your best pro-tip post WLS? Mine would be protein, protein, protein! It fills you up, keeps you full, helps maintain the muscle you have and helps build more when strength training. My goal is to be/feel strong again. In 2018, my calories and protein intake were so low that I lost muscle. I want it back! Please don't sacrifice protein.

Accountability - perfect with food if you don't count the 3 mini-Almond Joys, and 1 mini snickers for about 240 extra cals. 64 active minutes and 9,990 steps! So mad I didn't check the count last night! Today I am 169.8 w/30 minutes done on the treadmill.

B- coffee, yogurt, strawberries, protein granola

L - chicken, chopped salad w/Bolthouse dressing

D - leftover carne asada tacos, zero tortillas

s- coke zero protein float.

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Emiepie
on 10/16/24 5:12 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Great job for getting that strength training in. I didn't get away from my desk for any walk time yesterday and it's already not looking good for today. I know it only needs to be for 10-15 mins and at the end of day it wouldn't make a huge difference in my productivity but I just don't make it a priority.

QOTD: Find a routine that works for you. For meals, vitamins and exercise.

TSS: 10 years 2 months

B: SF latte, 3 turkey sausage links, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Mixed nuts, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: Homemade smoked sausage (beef/pork), broccoli and cheese, a banana, and dark chocolate

ES: Protein ice cream and carbmaster toast

E: 1/2 hour elliptical, 1 mile on treadmill and 20 mins Pilates bar

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1302 Protein:119 Carbs:114 Fat:53

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 10/16/24 7:09 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I John Smoking sausage? I want to see it!!! Sounds delicious.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Icecream Dreamer
on 10/16/24 5:25 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

Yma, you are a rock star for making a U turn on your 90 lb regain. Many people would have thrown in the towel.

I had an RH episode yesterday. Was at a restaurant for lunch and had their special that was turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sandwich. For dessert I shared half of a brownie slice; it was very small. While out and about I decided to run a couple of errands; Target then Trader Joe's. When leaving TJ I was walking like I was drunk, I couldn't put one foot straight in front of the other. This hasn't happened to me in a while, simply because I had made sure I had protein in my stomach. My stomach didn't feel good for the rest of the afternoon.

QOTD: don't wait till you have lost the weight to incorporate exercise. This was the best tip I received from the center's nutritionist while I was going there the first couple of months. She said as soon as you are cleared to workout make it part of your daily schedule . Well, three weeks after my surgery I started and haven't stopped in 7 years.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • Turkey, stuffing, cranberry sandwich (no bread), few chips, 1/2 brownie
  • Mixed nuts
  • Protein Icecream - McFlurry Oreo
  • E: strength training

Happy hump day!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 142.8

PGW: 140-142

Queen JB
on 10/16/24 5:58 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning! Very busy day at work today. Yesterday our systems were down for most of the day so I was bored but today is back to back meetings plus all the things I never got to do yesterday. Gotta boogie.

QOTD: Stealing Grim's famous line - "Hunger is Not an Emergency"

Accountability: On point - didn't even touch lunch, plus good for the rest of the day and tons of steps.

• 1/2 protein coffee
  • turkey sausage links
  • mystery boxed lunch at a meeting today
  • veggie chorizo quesadilla

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Teenie
on 10/16/24 7:00 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Any and Meneurs,

I love that this board has been turned around and yesterday we did a full 360° turn. I love all the WL talk. It is one thing I can talk about here but try to avoid in life because I don't want anyone thinking I am bragging or complaining about weight. I have never seen a Meme so true in my life. Please someone explain why it is so freaking easy. I got into another pair of jeans from last season. Not gonna lie they are a little tight, but they are on and motivating me to get this excess off. Another busy day today. Trying to get to Walmart at lunch to get coffee creamer. I like going there because it is in the back of the store, and I park on the far side of the parking lot, so I get in some steps without really trying. I got to get my brothers haircut and take my mom to cards at 7. I cut a spaghetti (here is the recipe) squash in half and filled it with Fetta and mixed cherry tomatoes with pesto garlic and parmesan cheese and I'll roast it.

QOTD: HYDRATE HYDRATE HYDRATE. Schedule it!!! I also know that it helps if you stop drinking 1/2 hour before and 1/2 hour after meals, but I struggle with that one.

Accountability: I was too busy to snack, so I stuck to the menu

TSS: 6 years 10-months 5-days 166.6 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate pumpkin spice creamer

MS: Chobani zero sugar cookies and cream Greek yogurt, Strawberrys and blueberries

CB: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate pumpkin spice creamer

L: bunless cheeseburger and butternut squash

D; Spaghetti squash and a NY strip

Exercise: Dog walking

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest blessings

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Teenie
on 10/16/24 7:06 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Oh I forgot I want to tell you make sure you're doing arm stretches with weight training before and after. It will really help!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday menu?
Ymaliz · 6 replies · 58 views
What's on you Tuesday menu RNYer's?
Ymaliz · 55 replies · 520 views
What?s on your Monday menu?
Melody P. · 60 replies · 638 views
Yay It?s Saturday!
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 89 views