What's on you Tuesday menu RNYer's?

Mkess
on 10/15/24 7:22 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Tuesday,

It was winter jacket weather this morning. Last Winters jacket is way too big. I love that I lost weight and clothes are huge. I don't love that I'm constantly buying new clothes. It reminds me of months after the surgery when I couldn't keep up with buying a new wardrobe that fit. My solution now. I go to a thrift shop when they do 3/$1. They get multiple washes and whatever doesn't fit gets given away in my neighborhood.

Treatment today. My intention for today will be actualizing how insignificant my issues and stressors are, in relation to the big picture. I'm just a microscopic, non-registering speck in the universe. Does it actually matter that much if I don't get enough done, hit that deadline, never miss a day of work, avoid anything that isn't a dopamine release...

QOTD- 23. I thought I had it all. I wouldn't change anything today and am proud of the man I am and life I've built. Obut am curious what would be different with a Mulligan.

Steps- 11,686

B: cucumbers, cream cheese, lox, tomato. Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt.

L: 1/2 Italian beef, dipped, hot oil, giardinairre.

D: Chicken, green veggies.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 215. 0 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm still looking for a new plastic surgeon.

"Every day is a good day. There is something to learn, care and celebrate." - Amit Ray

Greateight
on 10/15/24 7:33 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Great job on the jacket

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 10/15/24 7:44 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I am still a thrifter. I see no reason to spend well earned money on new clothes when textile pollution is so out of control in this world.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

White Dove
on 10/15/24 9:22 am - Warren, OH

There was a poem I remember from school and I have never been able to find who wrote it. As well as I remember,

The vast horizon emcompasses only me

A drop on the surface of the sea

The sea itself just a drop in the endless spam of space

I would love to find it and see how well I remember the actual words but the idea of how insignificant a person really is has stayed with me for life.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Icecream Dreamer
on 10/15/24 8:09 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

Yma, glad to hear you are improving from your fall. If I may get on my soapbox about weights vs cardio. Cardio is good for your heart (hence called cardio) but weights will define your body. I used to be a cardio person until I saw the results I can get with weights. If it were up to me I'd do only weights. There is a program that I highly recommend called Zing. It's all AI. It scans you from your phone to see where you need to concentrate on and then it plans your workouts. You input the equipment you have at home, or complete lack of equipments, and it adjusts your workout. I love it because even when I travel and I'm in a hotel I can tell it I have zero equipment with me, or I have only bands, and it changes my workouts. You can choose the frequency and the amount of time. I have seen great results since May when I joined.

QOTD: hard to say. I guess when I was the most carefree with very little responsibility but school. College years were the happiest. School, friends, parties, repeat. There were a group of us from different disciplines (med, law, humanities, econ, etc) who had taken over a corner of the library for us. Everybody knew that table belonged to us. We all studied together, went to lunch together, and had tons of cigarette breaks together while discussing how to solve world problems. Life was good and we were on top of the world.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • Chicken skewer + chicken salad I made during the weekend (it's mostly shredded chicken, onions, carrots, cornichon, Greek yogurt instead of mayo, lemon juice, spices. It's perfect as a sandwich filler which DH likes).
  • Protein pumpkin iced coffee, barebells bar
  • Protein Icecream - chocolate pumpkin (not a good combo)
  • E: 6 miles wog

Happy Taco Tue!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 142.8

PGW: 140-142

Ymaliz
on 10/15/24 8:52 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I like that you can use that program anywhere and without equipment - sounds like a great tool especially for the body scan. I will check it out - gotta love technology!! I have the Nordictrack Vault which I want to use - it has tons of built in workouts on the mirror screen that uses the equipment it comes with. I've had it for 2+years and have rarely used it. I've dusted it more times than I've worked out. All this talk is motivating me! Thank you!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Most Active
Recent Topics