What's on you Tuesday menu RNYer's?

Ymaliz
on 10/15/24 4:47 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I'm a hard-core pumpkin spice girl and even I can't argue with this meme! If I have to choose, it's tacos rule and pumpkin spice drools! Although my back and neck are sore, my hand normalized and I don't have tailbone pain. I can still do everything w/out cussing, so I know I'm fine. Work is busy, I'm overscheduling then having to reschedule... I think I figured out my real issue with a certain co-worker - she reminds me of my mom - fun, right? Otherwise, I am working on making my weight training workouts a reality. I've had a goal for some time of weight training 2 or 3x a week. I have all the equipment, space, time (technically) and desire, yet I take no action... I'm struggling to make sense of this. So, I beat myself up for wasting these gifts and for every day that passes that I'm not building muscle. Time is going to pass whether I weight train or not... In a year, do I want to be in the same place (or worse) with regrets? Or stronger? I'm trying to get through all my excuses. I feel like the more I talk about it, the more ridiculous the excuses sound! My biggest excuse right now is making time. I was thinking of exchanging my treadmill time for weight training in the morning - easy peasy, right? Only I won't earn steps weight training (I'm addicted to those damn steps), so I would need to make time to walk too. Work walks are too stressful, so I stopped those. After work, I'm done, It's a long day. I need to do something different. But where/what? I get home a little before Rob. I could just get right in there and do it, even just 10-15 minutes is better than nothing. That could work. I may wait until my back/neck feel better. Is that yet another excuse?

QOTD - Coming up with these questions suck btw - you can't please everyone. Text me if you have one to share! Here goes:At what age were you at your best and would LOVE to return to if you could? Mine was 22 - I had it all that year, the job+money, school, friends, great social life, energy, I was happy, I even liked my body. I was clueless as to how good I had it - youth is wasted on the young!! That aside - I love my life now, especially because there were a lot of years that were not so good.

Accountability - On point for food, 41 active min, only 7,690 steps - I did not want to push myself yesterday. Today I'm 170.8 w/30 minutes done on the treadmill - gotta keep moving.

B- coffee, yogurt, strawberries, protein granola

l- ham and cheese on protein bread, quest chips

d- Carne asada tacos!

s- fairlife protein/root beer floa****ermelon

Have a great taco Tuesday!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

catwoman7
on 10/15/24 5:07 am, edited 10/14/24 10:30 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

class today - and that's it! It's only supposed to get up into the 50s today (although 60s by the end of the week), so I'll probably just get off the bus a couple of stops early and walk the rest of the way to my building.

I'm the same with weight training, Amy. I'm a cardio person. It's not hard for me to get myself to do cardio, but weights - ugh. I'll sometimes get into the routine and do it two or three times a week for a while, but then I'll stop and it takes FOREVER to get myself going with them again. Need to work on this...

QOTD: I don't have a specific age, but I've been happier in my 50s and 60s than I was earlier in life. I think that's pretty common, actually.

today's food:

coffee with half & half

protein pancake topped with Greek yogurt, 1/2 diced peach, and SF syrup

Loma Linda taco filling (1/2 pack) on top of salad greens and topped with diced tomato, plain Greek yogurt, and salsa

protein muffin

channa dal

yesterday's food (for accountability - meh - OK but not that great):

coffee with half & half

protein pancake topped with plain skyr and SF apple butter

protein pumpkin muffin

pack of peanut butter crackers

"popsicle" made with yogurt and protein powder

piece of sourdough bread with light butter

vanilla Greek yogurt topped with raspberries

Loma Linda taco filling (1/2 package) on salad greens topped with diced tomato and plain Greek yogurt

SF popsicle

1 cup protein ice cream

glass of wine

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Ymaliz
on 10/15/24 7:34 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Ohhh accountability taken to the next level with your yesterday food post - WTG! I hope it helps you find new ways to 'rein it in' as you say!

Queen JB
on 10/15/24 9:00 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I think lots of people post yesterday's meals. Whatever works, right?

Personally, I need to post a plan for the day and then feel the crushing weight of guilt when I have to admit in my accountability the next day that I screwed up, even though I am sure no one is paying any attention to what changed. :/

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Ymaliz
on 10/15/24 9:17 am
RNY on 11/21/16

True, but this was Trish's first time trying it out so I was cheering her on. I do best posting my plan for the day and confessing any indiscretions the next day too.

Queen JB
on 10/15/24 9:25 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Heck yeah--if others can thrive without crushing guilt, I think that is definitely the right move, lol. Maybe someday.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 10/15/24 5:39 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

got the idea when Sheila mentioned she started doing that - works better for her. Figured I'd try it!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 10/15/24 5:25 am - Warren, OH

For most of my life I was plagued by overweight and by having a stomach that always looked somewhat pregnant. I worked really hard at diets and exercises, but never was satisfied with the way my body looked. I was 59 having weight loss surgery and had a tummy tuck a year later. Once the tummy tuck healed I felt better about my body than I ever had in my life. Between 60 and 70 were great years. I felt light and full of energy. I thought about a belly button piercing, but then decided that was not "acting my age". But I did wear bikinis, spent a lot of time at the beach or pool, went to amusement parks, took great vacations, had lots of friends.

I joined a group of line dancers and went to classes at the senior center and then out to bars and dance halls three or four times a week. I was 67 and at Myrtle Beach when I tried tandem sky diving for the first time from an airplane. I did it a few years earlier off of a mountaintop. At 70 I was at Cedar Point in Ohio and for the first time in my life got so tired I rented a electric chair so I could keep getting on rides. It was great in some ways because we got to go directly to the front of the line. But it was the beginning of becoming weaker and I slowly lost strength and energy in the last six years.

I still enjoy life, but do have to accept certain limitations and worry about falling or getting too tired. I do as much as I can, but now have a housekeeper weekly and pay someone to do my laundry. I could no longer keep up with things like mowing grass, shoveling snow or climbing on ladders, so sold my house and moved to a condo where the maintenace is done for me.

I really get up every morning and am thankful to still be here. If I could go back to a earlier age, I don't think I would. Seeing what is in the future is more fun.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Emiepie
on 10/15/24 5:33 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Love how you look at life. You've done some amazing things.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 10/15/24 7:07 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Very inspiring. This is the type of posts this page has been missing. This is motivating and actually about your weight loss journey. We all need to hear this and set ourselves up for success. Thank you, Mary.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday menu?
Ymaliz · 3 replies · 38 views
What's on you Tuesday menu RNYer's?
Ymaliz · 55 replies · 510 views
What?s on your Monday menu?
Melody P. · 60 replies · 636 views
Yay It?s Saturday!
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 89 views