What's on your Monday menu?

Melody P.
on 10/14/24 4:23 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone!

Not much happening here today. Hopefully we'll be able to stay home for most of it if not all of it.

QOTD: what was your first vehicle?

Mine was a 78 ford fairlane. It cost a whopping 250 bucks. My grandpa fixed it up enough to get it running and all. It broke down at least twice a week! It had alternator issues...it went through them like candy. But I loved that car. It was fast. Which I probably didn't need thinking back on it lol

B: eggs, cheese and coffee

L: ????

D: chicken and a salad

Have a good one y'all!

Mel

Ymaliz
on 10/14/24 5:03 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Monday, Monday... I had a very productive weekend full of satisfying things I can control in my life. Cleaning organizing, purging, meal planning, grocery shopping, exercise and decent steps! And, connecting with my sister, hanging with the kids and a fantastic long nap - lovely. Not so bueno was when I slipped on cardboard in the garage, I went down hard on my tailbone and slapped my hand so hard on the concrete I though I broke it, but the fall out is a only very sore neck. I'm seriously one lucky girl.

Asking again for a friend:

QOTD - To be real, the main reason I come on OH is for healthy WLS lifestyle support, inspiration and camaraderie - a fun banter day is awesome! Are you getting what you came for? I feel like we are on a huge rinse and repeat cycle. Where are you honestly with your journey? Let's talk about it! Are you walking the walk? Why/why not? What are you actively doing to get there/stay there? If you are in a funk (seriously been there), what is holding you back? Are you searching for work-arounds, stuck or given up? What can we do to support you, good, bad, or ugly?? I hope you you are making an effort with your food, movement, vitamins, water. It's frustrating when I see these basics not planned w/care quotients in the trash. I am trying/struggling everyday to make the right choices to stay on track and know I'm not perfect. I look to all of you for support and I hope I give that back but I could be better. I'm trying like hell to stay consistent and walk the walk - it's what you do most of the time that makes a difference. How about you? What can I do to support you?

More on this, I love the friendships and connections, hearing about your personal life and all the fun and interesting things you do! But I'm here for the WLS support first and foremost, isn't this what this forum is for? I want all of us to share what we are doing and what is working/not working - that is what helps me, motivates me and keep me accountable. Ongoing WLS support/lifestyle.

Accountability - great on food, but add 6 whoppers. I had 40 active minutes (i did get on treadmill both days this weekend) and only 7,590 clocked steps due to my watch battery dying. I'm sure it was in the 10k range. Today I am 171! I think the fall may have inflamed my body. So water basically but I know it's not fat. I will just keep doing what I'm doing.

B- coffee, yogurt, strawberries, protein granola

l - chicken breast, salad kit

d - Chicken thighs, greek yogurt, spanish cauli rice, salsa

s- quest chips, jerky, watermelon, apple

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Emiepie
on 10/14/24 5:38 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Wow, deep reflection for a Monday morning. I used to feel more engaged when I was able to post from work throughout the day and now I'm not nearly as active and I don't really have a good reason for that other than I don't prioritize stepping away from my desk during the day where I can sit, read and reply. I do try and walk the walk and I do find value with this group here. I have nobody in real life that has had surgery like we have so I've learned from this group from early on. I'm not sure if that directly answers then question but it's what I got right now.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 10/14/24 6:59 am, edited 10/14/24 12:00 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

You are one of the posters that I Idolize and learn from the most. I see your journey as steady as she goes. Your consistent and accountable. That is where we all started, but after 10 years you really never faltered. You have what we all committed to when we sign up for this lifestyle. But some of us have fallen off the wagon. I want to get back to what you have going on.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 10/14/24 6:40 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I am blessed to have met you here and in person. Thank you for your kind words. You've got this-here for you anytime.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Ymaliz
on 10/14/24 7:14 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Kelly, you are as consistent as they come! You are doing it, everyday and I especially admire your dedication to the basics - menu/food, exercise, vitamins, water - and you don't stray. Setbacks are only temporary and you always get right back to your routine. That is why you are so successful 10 years out! I'm always pulling for you!!

Emiepie
on 10/14/24 6:42 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Right back at you! Nothing is gonna keep us down.

White Dove
on 10/14/24 6:17 am - Warren, OH

Amy, I am so glad you did not break anything. Hope the neck feels better soon.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Ymaliz
on 10/14/24 7:17 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Actually, I'm starting to worry about my hand... It's bruised pretty bad and my thumb is now numb.

White Dove
on 10/14/24 7:26 am - Warren, OH

I fell the afternoon of the total eclipse, and my hand stayed sore. When I finally went and got it x-rayed about a month later, there was a broken bone that had healed itself. My thumb on my other hand stayed sore until a few weeks ago. The nail had broken and went into the skin. It finally snapped off and stopped hurting. I would suggest getting an x-ray to be sure. An injury like that might just heal itself or might need treatment.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
Recent Topics