What's on your (photo) Friday menu RNY'ers?

catwoman7
on 10/11/24 12:47 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I couldn't eat bananas for a couple of years after surgery - way too cloying. I can eat them now, though - but they can't be overly ripe - way too sweet then.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Melody P.
on 10/11/24 9:27 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all.

Life is so so as usual. Ups and downs. The pain clinic is going to try a steroid injection in my neck, even though they don't think it'll work. It's a get it outta the way for insurance. If it doesn't provide substantial relief I'll be referred to an orthopedic for my shoulder. It's been very painful. Having to do all the normal things is trying but stuff needs to get done.

The weather is driving me nuts. I'm ready for the bugs to die!

QOTD 1: I really don't like Nutella. Umm...apple cinnamon flavored stuff isn't my favorite either. Fermented food for the most part makes me gag...kombucha is disgusting.

QOTD 2: centrum, calcium citrate, iron patches

B: eggs, coffee and a piece of cheese

L: small biscuit and chicken

D: ????

Mel

Icecream Dreamer
on 10/11/24 2:41 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

"I really don't like Nutella"

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 143.4

PGW: 140-142

Lisa91941
on 10/11/24 9:37 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning!

Under accountability for yesterday. I get an A. Good meal choices. Planned treat. All water, all day. I'll admit the only thing that kept me from going for a glass of wine was knowing I had a 6:30 am yoga class today. But I will take any edge I can get. 502 move calories, 101 minutes of exercise 10,638 steps.

Today, Yoga and spin class are done. I opted out of treadmill time and I will probably be mad at myself by evening time. But I am physically tired. I've done yard chores and some house stuff and I am cleaning up and need groceries. That will keep me busy this morning. This afternoon will be reading and a nap. This evening, dinner on the neighbor's deck. It's hot today, on the 90's, but expected to be in the 70's by early evening. There will be wine. My only goal will be that there is a reasonable amount of wine. Nothing more.

QoTD1: Anything pumpkin.

QoTD2: I take all Bariatric Advantage supplements. I just had my blood work done and I am to step away from the Vit D for 30 days and then go back to half a dose. My B12 is high but not an issue. Every single other metric was just about dead even for the middle of "good" numbers. I also got a bone density scan done and while not much improved from two years ago, it's no worse. So exercise is paying off in that area as well as supplements and good food choices.

Pics are from Rog heading off to Oktoberfest. What a riot.

Peace!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

White Dove
on 10/11/24 12:17 pm - Warren, OH

Those outfits are so cute. Bet they had a lot of fun.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 10/11/24 12:56 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

G'afternoon, All! Better late than never!

I got my COVID vaccine yesterday and was cold plus very fatigued most of the day (started a few hours after the vaccine). I'm OK now - I just have a sore arm. I was like this with the first vaccine or two - I don't think the ones after that had any side effects - until now. I got Moderna this time, though, which bothers some people more than the Pfizer vaccine (but they said this time around, it's also more effective, so that's the one I went with...). Haven't done much today besides going to a meeting over lunch (one of my film clubs). I really need to get out since it's 80 degrees F out there. In mid-October. I'll go biking or walking later. I hate to not take advantage of this beautiful weather!

QOTD: ripe bananas (well, overly ripe bananas)

QOTD2: morning: multivitamin (Centrum or equivalent), magnesium, B-complex, D (5x a week), K2 (2x a week). Afternoon: another multivitamin (and lately, a fish oil capsule). Before bed: vitamin C, carbonyl iron. Once a month: B12

Have a great rest of your day - and weekend!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Recent Topics