What's on your (photo) Friday menu RNY'ers?

Ymaliz
on 10/11/24 5:06 am, edited 10/11/24 5:13 am
RNY on 11/21/16

OH isn't letting me upload or add photos - I will keep trying...

Good morning and Happy Friday! We made it. So nice to be home! I slept like a log and currently enjoying my favorite coffee on the couch with my fur babes. I am working a half day today so I will be able to get caught up and start fresh on Monday. This weekend is the usual errands, house stuff and watching football, but I vow to throw in weekend exercise! Yes, I am committing to doing an activity both Sat and Sun - something that takes effort and planning, but anything that gets me off my ass and moving.

QOTD 1. Name a whole food that is really popular that you really don't like? Mine is blueberries. I want to like them, I eat them occasionally because they are in everything, but I really don't like them. There I said it, ha.

QOTD 2. Vitamin roundup! What are you taking, how much and when? (I'm wondering specifically about Proferrin dose) I take

AM: 1 Centrum silver multi, 1 Citracal max Plus, 1 B12 500 sublingual

MIDDAY: 1 Proferrin - I've been taking only 1, but just read the label and it says take up to 3?

PM:1 Centrum silver multi, 1 Citracal max Plus

Accountability - not good, no, not good, fast food, wine, no exercise. the whole mess. Fresh start Friday! Today I'm 169.8 which is less than when I left by .2 - I'll take it. 30 minutes done on the treadmill.

B- coffee, protein cinnamon roll

l - Ham and cheese sandwich on protein bread

d - egg foo young and pork fried rice

s - edamame and jerky

Have a fab friday!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Queen JB
on 10/11/24 5:29 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! Well I slept like crap and it was not one of those, "I've had enough" nights, it was an "I'm going to die if I only have 2 hours of sleep" nights. I finally managed to get back to sleep at 3:30am and I slept until 6:30am. Thank goodness because I was not ready to manage today with an all-nighter.

We've got a fun 3 day weekend ahead. It's my dad's birthday so we're going out to spend time with him on Saturday, and Monday we're going to a fall festival in Maine for the day. I have to work my butt off on Sunday for cookie stuff but that's not a bad thing. People are ordering so many Halloween cookies! It's crazy!

QOTD 1: Both bananas and blueberries have to be the exact perfect ripeness for me. If it's perfect I like them both but if not--yuck.

QOTD 2: I take a bariatric vitamin every day, plus an extra vitamin D3, and I take a proferrin a few times a week. The iron is supposed to be daily, but I won't lie and pretend I am as compliant as I should be.

Accountability: I barely ate and over 10K steps

• protein coffee
  • turkey sausage
  • turkey meatloaf
  • ??

Look, they are naming wood varieties after me, now!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Teenie
on 10/11/24 7:19 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

True That!!! (Photo)

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 10/11/24 5:38 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning on this Fri-yay! I'm down for a fresh start Friday- I was in a funk yesterday and was having a hard time kicking it. My plan today is to get through what I have to but hopefully not start any new projects before the weekend. This weekend we have the fair, chiro/shockwave and Scamanda dropped this week so couch time for sure!

QOTD 1: mushrooms

QOTD 2: breakfast-calcium and multi, lunch-b12, snack-b12 and calcium, dinner-vit c and multi

TSS: 10 years 2 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Mixed nuts, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: TBD

ES: Protein ice cream and carbmaster toast

E: 1/2 hour elliptical, 1 mile slow jog on treadmill, and 20 mins Pilates bar

V/W: On track

Totals: TBD

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 10/11/24 7:21 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Where to find Scamanda ?

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Mkess
on 10/11/24 5:46 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Friday,

Dearest Fri-yay - Can you please be gentle on me? I'm sensitive.

Yesterday was ROUGH. Hours of attorney calls, dialing for dollars and medical calls. I fell overnight when I got up to use the restroom. I bumped my head good and have a goose egg as a trophy. I think I overextended my left knee. I don't feel I need medical attention though.

Today is Yom Kippur and I'll be attending high holidays service tomorrow and possibly tonight. Emily asked me to speak at her meeting at the same time tonight as services. I committed to being there for her and will probably skip Temple tonight. I'll be getting together with family to break the fast. This weekend, I have a book club, helping a friend for a couple hours with some life stuff, cards, board meeting, and will be outside to enjoy the Indigenous People Summer.

QOTD- Seeds -Some seeded produce is ok. These are not. Dragonfruit, cherimoya, raspberries, pomegranates. I like the taste of all of those though.

B: Lox, cream cheese on cucumbers and eggs.

L: Guac & shrimp ceviche. Flan.

D: a big meal before sundown going into a 24 hour fast.

Pics- Oct 7 Anniversary March & Rally at the Wrigley Building. The Uber driver from a couple weeks ago, Heather and me. Fake Lenny Dykstra information. I love this account's posts

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 215. 0 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm still looking for a new plastic surgeon.

"Every day is a good day. There is something to learn, care and celebrate." - Amit Ray

Greateight
on 10/11/24 6:24 am, edited 10/10/24 11:53 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Happy Fri-yay everyone!

I am told that there was once a Prince who mistreated his subjects. After receiving Enlightenment, the Buddha travelled to see the Prince and counseled him to treat his subjects with love and kindness. But the Prince would not listen.

Later, one of the subjects came to the Buddha and said ?please Buddha use your power and magic to make the Prince stop ?

Concerned for the subjects, the Buddha willed himself to become larger and larger. In his new, enormous state, he travelled to see the evil Prince. Cowed by the enormous Buddha, the Prince had a revelation. He shouted up to the Buddha that he would change his ways and treat his subjects with care.

But the Buddha had become so large that he could not hear the Prince from the ground. He had to lie down and cup his ear to make the now chastened Prince audible. But finally he heard that the Prince was a changed man and the subjects would be cared for.

Sadly, my internet research did not confirm this tale and seemed to dwell more on final reincarnation and Parinirvana. But in either case, I do love the laying Buddha.

Monday - Bangkok, ex- Wat Pho.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Greateight
on 10/11/24 6:50 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I had a couple of busy work days this week, so today should be pretty chill. I have a 12:30 call, so lunch will have to be Jimmy John's. Lisa will note the departure from the expected steak and home fries.

The rest of the weekend is fitness, family, and football. Run with the Nuns is Sunday morning. I am going to get Heart tickets, since we missed them in August.

QOTD: I'm with Kelly - mushrooms. It's the texture, not the taste.

QOTD2: Celebrate vitamins and calcium chews (only 2 now), Walgreens Iron (only 5 days) and B12 (only one a week), Walgreens (D).

Breakfast: sausage and cottage cheese

lunch: I guess I will freak

dinner: lamb

Have a fantastic weekend, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

White Dove
on 10/11/24 6:55 am - Warren, OH

Wonderful pictures. You are Marilyn had such an incredible experience.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 10/11/24 12:43 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

we saw that lying Buddha when we were in Bangkok!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Recent Topics