What's on you Tuesday menu RNYer's?

Mkess
on 10/8/24 9:04 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Tuesday,

It's a beautiful day in the not so Windy City. I'm struggling with time allotment right now. I need to give up some parts of my day to day and life.

QOTD-try to take over the world with Pinky and the Brain.

Steps- 11,491

B: 1/2 bagel and lox, tangerine.

L: Teriyaki Madness. I'm intrigued how sweet, little, innocent teriyaki gets involved with all the madness.

D: steak, garlic mushrooms, salad.

Accountability: horrible. Considering all my life's current chaos, I haven't been sweating myself for bad food choices as long as the scale doesn't move much. A sample of pumpkin cold brew that I was just handed, a bag of gummy bears, 2 snack size 100,000.

My goal today - Give random strangers compliments.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 215. 0 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm still looking for a new plastic surgeon.

"Every day is a good day. There is something to learn, care and celebrate." - Amit Ray

EnjoynLife
on 10/8/24 10:05 am, edited 10/8/24 3:17 am

Grant interview was postponed ( again ! ) till tomorrow so I walked in Central Park on the way home .

Discovered beautiful Belvedere Castle ( a turn of the century?s astronomers vantage when of course New York sky was dark and the Dakota ( parallel with it ) was being built on farmland !

The adjacent Shakespeare Garden ( complete with Medieval style house as a background) is to die for even in mid October ? pics to follow on Friday .

Also walked part of the ? Ramble ? which is very upstate forest - like and has a huge lake. 4.5 miles total.

Gorgeous fall day here now relaxing and sunning on the daybed.

Breakfast was scenic shrimp salad n chockachino on top of the castle, L- chile verde chicken soup , chai tea latte sf ff , Greek or Caesar salad .

then lawyer seeking in the afternoon .

Fantasy crime - going postal in an office full of landlords !

Or doing a Bernie Madoff lol.

You know he DID get away with his Ponzi scheme forever ? only the economic downturn exposed his deceptions .

Most of his customers were VERY happy recieving better than market returns for twenty plus years ? but I feel very sorry for the ones who lost their life savings at the end of the musical chairs.

White Dove
on 10/8/24 1:30 pm - Warren, OH

All your dreams about figuring out a way to get rich reminded me of a story. When computerized banking was very, very new there was a programmer who worked for a bank. He wrote a program that put a small portion of every bank transaction into his personal account. It was something minute, like 10 cents. But it quickly grew and soon he was a very rich man.

Nobody had any idea that it happened. He had lots of money now and no worries. He fixed the program and removed all traces of it. The only problem was that he felt compelled to tell someone about it. One night at a bar he confided to someone what he had done and how much money he had accumulated.

That person turned him in and the bank took him to court. He lost the money and went to prison.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

EnjoynLife
on 10/8/24 5:40 pm, edited 10/8/24 11:14 am

I remember that ! ( and thinking what a clever guy and wi****hought of it first lol) ( in all fairness I was young n dumb at the time )

Morally bankrupt anyone ?

Walked eleven miles today - having D on the daybed under the stars . Carrot salad , falafel hot wrap from Pret , red wine and watermelon chunks .

Oh and the warmed up ( last ) leftovers from Pollyannas white chicken chili recipe ? holy cow it?s Addictive lol :) particularly w fresh herbs added.

This week is a bear so I?m not judging myself as long as I show up for my appointments and housing court date .

This weekend though we?ll take a good assessing look at the drankin? behavior.

Mother n daughter on the daybed/ porch swing . We might just all sleep out here ? cozying together under th starz.

Recent Topics