Happy Caturday ! What Are Your Weekend Plans?

EnjoynLife
on 10/5/24 5:28 am, edited 10/5/24 6:26 am

Good Morning !

Took a look at the terrace this morning and though an outsider would just see a mess - I?m proud because I?m almost finished with what I must plant this fall and before I leave for a ? dry month? in Florida.

Going to try to put an automatic watering system in here though (and on the Florida terraces too ) before I leave - necessitates a half day weekday trip out East to greenhouse supply so we?ll see.

I work so hard setting up the containers so they?re only rain dependent ( they proved my composting/ water holder/ mulch way works by surviving the six months I didn?****er this summer but it?s a heckuva lot of ? invisible ? hard work to set up and plant each one .

But not wasting food scraps and seeing the catz then plants make good use of them feels right

An automatic watering system supplement will just enable the garden to stay more floriferous and hugely cut down the daily work.

Finishing two large sunny trellised containers in order to be able to replace swing / daybed and two containerized trees needing planting now, as well as replanting man-high evergreens in ceramic pots w water holder ( they?re surprisingly vulnerable to wind n drought ).

Unpacking car ( the very last plants needed for this project before iris/ peony/ rose season next spring) and then ? HOLY COW ! ? I?m Done !!!

High time for much needed maxin n relaxin

Today or tomorrow need to go out East to cut hedges check on house collect rents etc but I?m so glad to be feeling a little bit in control- mebbe even a bit successful n proud .

The terrace really IS gorgeous when I clean up the negative space :) - an accomplishment.

Though it?s relatively small the vertical and functional design really makes it an outdoor living room complete w shaded dining area, TV , swing n rock in? chairs and even a heater so it can be used on chilly nights !

D last nite was bites of Caribbean ( lots of yummy collard greens ) and a tiny glass of leftover wine ( 2 cheap 2 thow it out ) but NO MORE!!

I had a good debate w myself regarding the ( dubious) ? benefits ? of nightly drankin? an extra 15 lbs around the middle , no energy or willingness for afternoon exercise .. grumpy in da mornin .

Been there done dat hopefully will indulge as little ) as possible ) more.

Oh and I found a prominent exhibition space for a few paintings ? hopefully they?ll accept them .

Need to order n install a luggage rack on the Tesla and take her in 4 service . Life !! How dare it intrude lol

B - pastry and tea latte. Maybe toasted bagel w lite cream cheese scallions n smoked wild salmon

S - egg roll insides w Chinese chicken breast . Planning to try making hot n sour egg drop soup.

L- maybe homemade ginger scallion lobster w long beans n eggplant in garlic sauce

S - Yemeni coffee latte w pastry

D - Greek salad w ff Greek dressing.

Walked 27 miles this week according to my watch - more than a marathon! Accountability - a Tates cookie last nite in bed - third ingredient is BUTTER!!! Some ( ff) candy in the morning. Bagel top w everything spice nibbled in car.

Most Active