What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 10/3/24 2:24 am, edited 10/3/24 2:58 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning all. Well, a day on the couch was just what the doctor ordered. I got the maximum amount of rest that a person can get. I feel much better and maybe I look a little less raccoonish? I got less than zero steps and rotted my brain with true crime documentaries and I'd call it a good day. Back to reality today, though.

QOTD: Have you ever been cheated on? I don't think I have, but who knows, I guess. I have had friends over the years who found out their SOs were cheating and some of them stayed together and some didn't, but I have always known that I don't have the temperament to forgive. One of the documentaries I watched yesterday had a woman forgive her husband for terrible awful cheating and I wanted to jump through the screen and shake them both.

Accountability: I really think I managed to be in the negative for my step count, lol. I suppose I must have walked from the couch to the bathroom to pee a few times, but that's the max activity I had for the day. I eventually felt hungry and I had a few bites, but nothing that resembled a meal. I just had a few sips of coffee and it turned my stomach, so I don't feel like making a menu, but here is my best guess:

• protein coffee
  • egg bites
  • chicken & broccoli
  • chickpea tortellini
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 10/3/24 3:09 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone. Glad you got so much rest and that you're feeling better QJB!

Nothing much planned for the day. A trip to Sam's and my moms wanting to mow some. We may also got to a local grocery store. My niece Riley, is staying the night tomorrow night,p so we need just a few groceries. My mom is convinced that there is going to be a TP shortage again. Due to the port strike. So we'll be getting TP at Sam's

My digestive tract is really starting to make me angry. I'm just sick of it. Does anyone here have experience with probiotics? Do they work for our altered system? If I can't get it under sontrol I'll be calling Monday to try to get in to see my PCP early.

QOTD! Not that I'm aware of but my experience is very very small

food is unplanned and iffy at this point. My stomach feels like it did when I had to stop Ozempic.

Mel

ladygodiva1228
on 10/3/24 5:25 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

I've found probiotics to work well with our systems. Whatever brand you get make sure it has 30 billion or more live cultures. Those seem to work the best.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Emiepie
on 10/3/24 5:27 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I take a probiotic daily.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

ladygodiva1228
on 10/3/24 5:03 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Happy Thursday everyone! Glad you're feeling better JB. Sometimes you just need to hang on the couch and chill.

The weather is definitely getting cooler here in CT. I had to be to work for 6:30 this morning which I made it right on time. Today is our second employee appreciation luncheon which is a Hawaiian Luau they are cooking a whole pig on site. The first one was on Tuesday, and it was a Texas BBQ. The guys are all excited.

Of course, the goat was like why the hell are you out here at 4:30 to milk me I'm still sleeping. LOL

QOTD: Yes I have by a guy I dated for 5 years before I met my husband, and can I tell you all I got sweet revenge on him. I know I haunt his nightmares every single time he goes to sleep. ? I'm not a person to cross as you will pay the price.

Besides another coffee my food for the day is going to be a little bit of the following. I have to try a little bit of everything.

roasted Kahlua pig,

pulled pork,

chicken teriyaki,

Hawaiian roasted vegetables,

sweet and spicy noodles,

mandarin orange and toasted almond salad,

tropical fruit medley,

pina colada passion dessert,

New England clam chowder and clam cakes,

spring rolls,

coconut shrimp,

pork pot stickers,

cole slaw,

pistachio cannoli cake and lemon coconut cake.

I hope everyone has a great day!!!!

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Ymaliz
on 10/3/24 5:21 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Less raccoonish is a good thing! I had another productive day - lots of planning, organizing and getting things done. I'm back to dreaming about finding a new job or moving to Mexico again. I've got a few problems that I don't have solutions for and until I do - new job and Mexico dreams - they are my go to for escape. Today, I am writing procedures mostly. This week is almost over thankfully. I can't wait for the weekend - it will be a good one.

Accountability - I was insatiable yesterday - added quest chips, beef jerky x2, yasso bar x2 and ate my lunch before 11 am. 53 exercise minutes and 8,610 steps. Today I am 169.0 and I have 30 minutes done on the treadmill.

B- coffee, legendary pastry

l - RGF burrito, greek yogurt and salsa

d - chicken with greek salad

s - cuties, parm and pepperoni, cucumbers and tajin

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Emiepie
on 10/3/24 5:32 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I'm smack dab in the middle of come process automation improvements and I'm hoping it all makes things better. But, truly the hold up is still other departments and until those are also fixed we will continue to bottle neck. It's almost like we are starting with the process improvements backwards since we are already waiting at the end now we will just be ready sooner and waiting longer?

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Emiepie
on 10/3/24 5:25 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Friday-Eve and a full day ahead which means it'll go by quick and closer the weekend. I'm glad the couch day worked and you're feeling better. Any new shows to recommend that you watched? It's still over 100 degrees here but I'm we will see some Fall weather soon.

QOTD: Yeah, a few times by the same person.

TSS: 10 years 1 month

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Mixed nuts, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: TBD

ES: Protein ice cream and carbmaster toast

E: 1/2 hour elliptical and 20 mins Pilates bar

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:TBD

Have a great day!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy Rosh Hashanah!
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 13 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 7 replies · 40 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 178 views
Tuesday Blues
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 57 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 243 views