Sunday fun day! What's on your menu today?

Ymaliz
on 9/29/24 5:15 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ We had such a nice day yesterday, but nothing really got done like I wanted. I've been in lazy mode all weekend, except at 5 am when I don't want to make noise. Today is taking care of business, no excuses. I need to tackle my dressing room and get it organized it's driving me crazy.

QOTD - Book round up - what are you reading/listening to? I have been devouring Charlie Donlea for the last few weeks (several free on audible). Sheila recommended him and I was hooked. I've read his whole library now and highly recommend except his very first book that left me with more questions than answers but still worth the read. Matt Haig - the Life Impossible - what can I say, he is a great writer - he sucks you in! It will never be Midnight Library level again though I will keep chasing that dragon. Now I have to read Elin Hildebrand's the Perfect Couple - which I really though I already read. Others on the list are more Lisa Jewell and Stephen King right now. All recommendations welcome - please!!

Accountability - Meals were perfect, snacks were not. I ate a whole donut and I don't even like donuts. I barely moved. Today I'm 167.8 and just hope to stay off my ass more than not today.

B- coffee, ham and cheese omelette

l - pork chop leftovers in zero tortillas

d - stuffed shells, salad

s - legendary chips, nectarine, watermelon

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

EnjoynLife
on 9/29/24 5:50 am, edited 9/29/24 12:00 am

It?s still overcast/ rainy ( I guess the storm got STUCK grrr) but I?m hoping for a productive day inside .

Desk, bed, dishes , kitchen counters , washing stud tail on little Persian male, cleaning ears and vacuuming/ washing living room rug .

Need a trip to IKEA for plastic bins to corral exotic food items now occupying shelters ( paper bags ) in living room ? living rooms are not collecting baskets for the ? waiting to be filed ? Also need four long "invisibly mounted" shelves for above desk . Will hold not just mail n files but geraniums overwintering ( and giving me winter blooms hopefully)

Labels , hanging folders and filing frame from Staples , hole punch.

Items to properly hang mirrors and paintings after a YEAR living here .

Frankly I?m scared to put even a nail in the wall my lease says I can?t and landlords in NYC love evicting tenants for the smallest things. ( and the super has a KEY and lets himself in without any notice )

But spackle an a touch of paint will fix any nail holes if I move out and I?m thoroughly sick of living with my mirror on the radiator and my painting on the back of the couch . Ridiculous!

Letter ( and email - for the legal record !) to landlord not to raise my rent ( despite the slum like conditions he refuses to fix he?s trying for ten percent on a one year lease !!! Only in NY kids !

Need to notify Brooklyn post office to forward mail also because every bad actor is sending notices to old apartment deliberately so I never receive them grrr .

B - ff egg beaters/ cheese omelet ,homemade ff small cornbread w fresh corn, chili beans , chai tea latte

s- pastry, Yemeni coffee latte

L - Chile verde chicken soup , seared marinated eye round w chimichurri n avocado, salad

s - monkfish chowder

D - tbd but hopefully homemade Chinese w lots of fresh veggies.

Partlypollyanna
on 9/29/24 6:37 am, edited 9/28/24 11:37 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I make the best chicken green Chile, curious about your Chile verde chicken soup receipe.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

EnjoynLife
on 9/29/24 6:48 am, edited 9/29/24 12:17 am

Ashamed to say I buy it at Whole Foods and just dilute it with organic chicken broth 50/50 ( it?s very spicy otherwise my pouch doesn?t tolerate quite spicy anymore)

Would love to try your homemade recipe - I?m sure it?s much better

Anyone have a good recipe for white bean chicken chili ?

Latest reading - Barbara Kingsolver?s latest ? Demon Copperhead ? ( about a little boy growing up in Appalachia )

John Grisham ? The Exchange?

Sumi Hahn ? the Mermaid from Jeju ?historical fiction about true events on Koreas Jeju Island during and after WW2 , home of the famous women divers the Haenyeo.)

Re-reading my gift to Dad - Neil Stephenson?s fascinating ( historical fiction) account about the rise of codebreaking and computers during and after WW2 ? Cryptomomicon ? and what I missed in ? the Economist ? before I give him my back issues :)

Partlypollyanna
on 9/29/24 8:01 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I change it up every time but the basic recipe is Chicken breasts, chopped hatch green chiles, green chile enchilada sauce, cumin, chicken broth, in the crock pot until cooked and then stir in cream cheese and cheddar at the end. Add corn, veggies, beans, whatever you want with cooking. Also good with some jalapeños or bacon.

Jen

EnjoynLife
on 9/29/24 8:43 am

Thank you PP !

Partlypollyanna
on 9/29/24 6:29 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Have you read the Hannah Morrisey Black Harbor books? The first one is Hello, Transcriber. I just read the 4th book, via the Netgalley advance readers copy. I liked Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia and The Quiet Damage: QAnon and the Destruction of the American Family. It was very sobering and enraging but good. My last 5* was The Berry Pickers which Sheila recommended. I also like the Ava Glass Alias Emma spy series and Yasmin Angoe's Knight series.

Jen

Ymaliz
on 9/29/24 7:05 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Sounds right up my alley! I just borrowed the first one - Hello, Transcriber, and will start as soon as I'm done with my current book. Thanks!!

Lisa91941
on 9/29/24 7:09 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Another spooky and misty morning due to burn off into the 80's today. Best of both worlds.

I was an absolute bum yesterday. 1 minute of exercise and 3,065 steps. Ha! But totally, 100% on track for foods and all water, all day. I only moved from chair to chair reading, chasing the sun. Add a few more steps for making our meals.

Today we have softball for an early game and that's all that is on the calendar. I plan to either walk around the ball park/school during warm up hour or take a nice walk this afternoon when we get back home. I can't believe it's Sunday already and tomorrow slides right back into work out class. This week has flown by.

QoTD: Loved Berry Pickers. Just finished it. Read the sequel to Fourth Wing and of course it was less compelling and more heaving breasts and shattered breaths. My one book, one San Diego read for book club is Know my Name by Chanel Miller and I am trying to psyche myself up for it. It's tough stuff and I remember being outraged when it was in the news. If I can find a sunny spot again today, I hope to start and let the sunshine help balance me out.

Bites today

B: last of the eggroll in a bowl

L: I hope we come home from Softball to eat. I do better at home. If so, leftover beef bulgogi and salad

D: Pesto chicken and burrata with tomatoes

Peace!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Ymaliz
on 9/29/24 7:32 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Just put Berry Pickers on hold - If 3 of you love it, it has to be good! Thanks!

Most Active