Happy Saturday!! What's on your menu today?

Ymaliz
on 9/28/24 6:13 am
RNY on 11/21/16

No butter buds today?

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

EnjoynLife
on 9/28/24 6:35 am, edited 9/27/24 11:39 pm

Only if I make homemade fat free monkfish chowder for dinner.

The freeze dried fat free ( natural) butter solids make gravies and cream soups taste just like the ? real ? thing ( so everyone tells me ).

Mebbe they?re jes bein polite though lol.

NSV- wore (modestly heeled -but heeled not flat ) clogs yesterday with a dress .... First time not schlubby in at least a year.

Melody P.
on 9/28/24 5:56 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone.

Birthday party for my nephew today. Cake is made and just needs the icing.

The iron isn't agreeing with me. It's the proferrin but it's really not doing well with me, I guess the next step is patches. I'll buy them at the first of the month. My stomach is just torn up.

QOTD: I want some but just haven't jumped the gun. I want my grandparents names in their writing. I also want some cat prints of my Otis boy,

food is just up in the air. There will be donuts at the party too. I may have a part of one.

Mel

Lisa91941
on 9/28/24 7:23 am
RNY on 10/29/19
Lisa91941
on 9/28/24 7:35 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! It's foggy and grey and spooky outside and I love it! It will burn off to the low 80's today, so I get the best of both worlds. I did pretty ok yesterday. 166 minutes of exercise. 10,362 steps. Dinner was a challenge in the good choice department. Someone bought table apps, and while delicious, not very healthy. I ate a great chicken finger, a cream cheese stuffed wonton and a few fries with carne asada on it. I did not order a dinner and I ended up with two glasses of wine that were large pours. Roger elected to drive at the last moment, so I did not follow my intent up with action. But I had a wonderful time with family and friends and not regretting a moment.

Today is absolutely nothing. I'm trying for a rest day, but if my legs start aching, a healthy walk helps with that. So we'll play that by ear. Food wise we'll be home all day, so no excuses for poor choices. Maybe I'll even clean out my undies drawer and the bathroom cabinet that has been on my to do list all week. Maybe.

QotD: No tats here. I have wanted one at a few junctures in life, but never pulled the trigger.

Bites today

B: leftover eggroll in a bowl

L: the last of the chicken kebob

D: definitely going with the beef bulgogi and a side salad. I've punted on this twice this week. It's happening today.

Peace !

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

White Dove
on 9/28/24 8:03 am, edited 9/28/24 1:04 am - Warren, OH

I was devastated when my 17 year old son got a tattoo. I could not believe he would do something like that. In 1989, few people had tattoos. Mainly military ones if they did but not kids and definitely not very many females. I remember thinking that it was awful, but would have been worse if it was a girl.

He got a rose on his left shoulder with the words "Live to Love". He did it during the Christmas school days off. After school started, one his teachers called me and said, "Mrs. Meffe, I don't want to alarm you, but do you know about Kevin's arm?"

I said I did and she asked me how I reacted to that. I told her what his father said. "If you are going to live to love, you better use protection".

There was nothing I could do about it, so I just accepted it. When my niece got engaged and my sister took her shopping for a wedding dress, my sister found out that her daughter had a tattoo on her back. That was more than 10 years later and it was still a shock to us.

Now it is so common and while not so much for my generation the younger people all seem to have tattoos. I have learned to appreciate the artistry and work that can go into creating them. One of the ladies in my weight loss surgery preparation group had just gotten a tattoo of her deceased mom on her arm and was worried about how it would look after surgery if the skin sagged a lot.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Ymaliz
on 9/28/24 8:57 am, edited 9/28/24 1:59 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I gifted my son a tattoo for his 18th birthday. It just had to be something personal and important that he could live with for the rest of his life. Now he has about 5 and has always kept to what I told him.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Most Active