What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 9/27/24 3:39 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning and happy Friday! I can't begin to tell you how much I need this weekend. Between the house being in disarray from the solar and gas projects, plus a really terrible thing that happened to me at work yesterday, so the week can just go F*@$ itself. I considered taking a mental health day today, but since it's a WFH day I think I will just keep the meetings on my calendar and keep a low profile for the rest of the day.

Also, when I switched to my new doctor I asked her to call in Wegovy, but I guess she called it in too early and it was rejected by insurance. I can't seem to get anyone's attention to resend the prescription and I should be taking my dose right now. Of all the weeks to be off it, the week when I ate take out for every meal is not the best. I have to figure out how to get someone's attention today.

QOTD: Have you ever eaten food in the shower? Apparently Gen Z loves "shower snacks" and there are tons of articles and videos about it. As a fat person who loves both snacks and showers, it sound intriguing, but every time I picture it, I see that episode of Seinfeld where Kramer makes the salad in the shower and everyone freaks out. I can definitely imagine a bubble bath with a glass of wine, though ;)

Accountability and menu are both solidly in the "whatever" category. Today should be the last day of all of the madness. I really need to throw out all the leftovers that are left in the fridge and start from scratch tomorrow.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Amy Liz
on 9/27/24 4:06 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Today is a holiday for me, so a 3 day weekend thank you very much. I was able to get everything done at work yesterday and not feel too guilty for taking sick time the day before. I hate that I feel guilty at all. Anyway today, kiddo is coming over to hang with me. We'll run errands and watch a movie. He's been working so much I give him 8 minutes on the couch before I hear snoring. Low key day is the plan. This weekend will be the same - plugging away at house stuff and relaxing.

QOTD - Hell no, crazy kids. That Seinfeld scene is so cringy!

Accountability - angel w/food, 10 active minutes and 6,021 steps. Today I am 168.6 and I'm not sure about exercise today. I may take another rest day then back at something tomorrow.

B- coffee, eggbeater veggie scramble

l - ham and cheese on protein bread w/the works

d- sushi or chipotle

s- yasso bar, apple, edamame

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Dcgirl
on 9/27/24 4:07 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Whoa! You're up early on a day off! Enjoy the long weekend and kid time! I'd insert a heart emoji but this site is so hard to use on a phone that it's quicker for me to type this entire sentence lol!

Amy Liz
on 9/27/24 6:15 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I'm an early riser, even on days off! I could probably sleep in a bit if it weren't for our dang alarm cat.

Emiepie
on 9/27/24 5:35 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Enjoy the recharge day for both of you.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Grim_Traveller
on 9/27/24 5:36 am
RNY on 08/21/12

What's the holiday?

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Amy Liz
on 9/27/24 6:12 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Native American Day! This started last year, replacing Columbus Day.

Dcgirl
on 9/27/24 4:06 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Awww friend, I am so sorry something terrible happened to you yesterday! I know the first rule of HR is not to talk about HR so that must be hard to have to keep it all in. Hopefully you have a boss or peer you can vent to! You deserve the weekend for sure! Hopefully water and power are both back!

My day looks glorious! I have hours of time to do actual thoughtful work. I have two big projects that require only a Friday level of thinking so I'm hoping to nail them today. Then I can delay a Slack to my Estonian product team for their Monday morning and let them know they've been DONE!

I'm doing five classes this week at the gym AND I've been packing in every spare minute and my body is sore. Like, weary. I'm tempted to go get a massage. I shouldn't be frivolously spending money right now but we only get one wonderful and wacky life so I just may treat myself! Ha, I'm an expert at rationalizing why I deserve something LOL

Eats today...I think it's too long for the turkey so today might be cottage cheese for breakfast, tuna for lunch and pizza for dinner. The magic of wegovy is, when I crave pizza it's a much less stronger craving and the most I can eat is a piece. Normally 2/3 of one! I am so sorry you're enduring ongoing BS with getting your prescription filled. How frustrating! Today is my shot day too. I'll do it after class.

Have a most wonderful weekend everyone! I'll pop in later to check on all the peeps!

Emiepie
on 9/27/24 5:37 am
RNY on 08/11/14

My vote is to get the massage!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

White Dove
on 9/27/24 4:15 am - Warren, OH

There is a poem Don't Quit by Edgar Albert Guest that I have used for most of my life as my inspiration. I remember having a frame with it on my station when I started doing hair back in the 1960's. I would read it when I was so tired and frustrated with people and work. It always gave me the determination to try just one more time.

All of these disappointments will work themselves out in time. The problems will resolve and the sun will shine again. The important thing is to allow yourself to rest and to know everything will get better. This sounds like a good day for comfortable clothes and some comfort food. Take care of yourself.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
Recent Topics