What's on your Wednesday Menu?

catwoman7
on 9/25/24 6:35 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

One of my film groups meets this morning and I'm attending a class tonight at a nonprofit we've listed as a beneficiary of our trust. It was started by a retired professor from the English dept at the university. They offer six credits for free (taught by university professors) to people from low-income cir****tances, and then offer scholarships to those students who decide to continue pursuing a degree. Many do - including a few who've gone on into graduate or professional programs (such as law school). They provide childcare and dinner on class nights - so I'll be eating dinner there, too. I'm really looking forward to this!! I'm also hoping to get a bike ride in today since the weather is perfect for it!

QOTD: The film my group will be discussing today is "Bad Faith" - which is very interesting but very disturbing! It's about the rise and influence of the religious right. It's on Tubi - a free film streaming site (you have to put up with commercials every 20-30 minutes, but that's fine - for me that means potty break or time to check Facebook or email).

coffee with half & half

skyr with fruit or a protein muffin

I'm sure there will be treats at the film discussion group, which hopefully will be something safe..

whatever I don't have for breakfast I'll have for lunch

protein shake

dinner TBA - hopefully there'll be some safe choices

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 9/25/24 8:27 am - Warren, OH

Bad Faith was an eye opener to me. I did not realize how long this has been going on. About 50 years and they played the abortion card completely to their advantage.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

ladygodiva1228
on 9/25/24 9:07 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Bad Faith is scary. Hands Maid Tale in real life.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Teenie
on 9/25/24 6:55 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good morning Queen JB and Menuers,

Wow JB I cannot believe they let you go that long without Gas. Also, my Solar took less than 5 hours to install what are these people doing? I hope all the kinks worked out and everything is up and running soon.

Looks like a slow day at work so I am going to fight the healthcare system over charging me for a misdiagnosed Xray that I am refusing to pay at this point. Had not luck with the hospital so I will be calling the insurance company and see if they will fight this battle with me. Wish me luck. I feel like it is a waste of time, but it is the principle.

QOTD: Tulsa King. I watched season one this summer and the 1st 2 episodes of season 2 have not disappointed. I am also watching Fire country and Matlock on Paramount. On pea**** I watched the 1st Episode of Brilliant minds. I am liking it. Also I am in the middle of Big Brother and last week season 47 of Survivor and I also started Matlock.

Accountability: I did do good yesterday. But I am still struggling.

TSS: 6 years 9-months 14-days 166.8 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate pumpkin spice creamer

MS: Premier Protein Caramel and berry's

CB: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate pumpkin spice creamer

L: crockpot pizza and spaghetti squash

D: Sirloin steak and cauliflower

Exercise: small amount of dog walking

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest blessings

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Lisa91941
on 9/25/24 7:40 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Not a lot of sleep last night. I'm struggling a bit with a change in meds, but I'm powering through. I know I'll feel better once I get adjusted to the new stuff. Had a pretty good day yesterday save for the 6 or 8 salty potato chips I ate while making my low cal, low carb dinner. Dumb ass. 133 minutes of exercise, 11,129 steps. All water, all day. My weight is up for unknown reasons, but this seems to be my style on weeks I have put in lots of minutes of muscle work.

Today is supposed to be a rest day for me with exercise. But I want my step count, so I'm taking an easy walk this morning before cleaning up to meet friends for lunch. They chose a Med place and I can have a chicken kebob. Easy. Other than that, nothing else on the agenda.

QoTD: Not much. We are catching up on Seal Team. I'm really not liking the character they introduced to replace Clay and this is their last season. That's probably a good thing. Someone recommended High Potential on ABC/Hulu so I'm going to try that. I enjoy Elsbeth and also Just like that.

Bites today

B: egg, cheese, low carb tortilla

L: chicken kebob and maybe a little salad?

D: beef bulgogi and a little rice

Peace

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Partlypollyanna
on 9/25/24 7:58 am
RNY on 02/14/18

The way I understand it is when you have a good, intense workout, your muscle builds by repairing and that takes extra water so they retain a bit more.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Sheila_H
on 9/25/24 8:30 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

^^^
I second Jen on the muscle tearing and retaining water.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Mkess
on 9/25/24 7:41 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning and let's get over that hump,

I'm experiencing a real problem addressing multiple impactful issues. The August 29 accident is the root of my being frozen in acting. American Heartland Insurance is the devil. They have not done anything except providing conflicting info every call. Since last week, I have spent 9 hours on the phone(I'm keeping track in case any calls are needed at a later date.) The usual is what happened yesterday. I spent an hour getting to the right person; or at least correct person adjacent. She put me on hold and accidentally hung up. I felt myself get angry and knew it was not useful to address it anymore today.

QJB: I would be so frustrated if I was in your situation. I give you and Grimm a lot of credit for making due with that hotel room. If you haven't paid Herbert yet, can you get someone else and deduct the person's work from Herbert's cost?

QOTD: Ted(X) talk: Depression- The Secret we Share with Andrew Solomon

https://youtu.be/dBYUn-FEscc?si=bk1L3c782VeJQrA6

B: 1/2 lox and bagel, dannon light and fit coconut yogurt.

L: Fairlife shake(my costco had fairlife back in stock last weekend. I stocked up on four cases.

D: Steak? Or something else easy.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Sheila_H
on 9/25/24 8:24 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

Your Herb is acting like our Indian summer. No sun and/or summer to be seen in our neck of the woods. We were "promised" Indian summer after Aug but still fog fog every day. The valley is still hot so we get the fog. It's just demoralizing and I want my share of sunshine living in CA.

QOTD:I am watching Impeachment while doing my strength trainings so it's one episode every other day. I never liked that biotch Linda Tripp but after watching this show, that Monica L consulted on and exec produced, I hope Linda is rotting in hell. The perfect couple is on my to watch list. DD also recommended Ashley Madison that is about a dating site for adulterers and gets hacked.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • Left over TJ chicken fajitas
  • L&F yogurt (pumpkin), Peruvian corn nuts called Cancha (it's like un-popped popcorn. In Peru they use it as an appetizer to hold hunger at bay while you are waiting for the meal to arrive. We brought home about 4 lbs of them)
  • Protein icecream - chocolate
  • E: strength training

Happy hump day!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Amy Liz
on 9/25/24 10:50 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Ashley Madison was a trip - I really had no idea what happened until I watched this.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 260 views
Extended release medications
Maddymoe2 · 4 replies · 67 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 210 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 270 views