What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 9/24/24 2:39 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good morning friends. Well, we are still withou****er but we decided to wait one more day before calling it an emergency and getting a hotel. But tonight is really my limit. Really.

The poor cats have really had a rough go of it. All last week the gas burner install in the basement was very noisy and had them hiding upstairs under the bed. Yesterday started with a trip to the vet, which is always extremely traumatizing, followed by the solar guys banging on the roof all day. Poor babies. It's only going to get worse for them this week, too. It will be the ultimate betrayal if we leave them for a hotel tonight, so I really hope the gas guy comes with the meter. His name is Herbert and Grim and I have been shaking our fists and yelling "HERBERT!!" for days. Come on, Herb.

QOTD: Do you have a favorite fancy coffee or tea drink (not your regular order)? I tried an Oatmil****d Chai at Starbucks a few weeks ago and it was super yummy. One of my coworkers is also obsessed with the Pecan Crunch Latte and it sounds intriguing. I might try it tomorrow when I go into the office.

I have had no accountability. Thankfully Wegovy is keeping me in check with small portions that I haven't gained anything, but I freely admit to poor choices from too much eating out and leftovers. What's worse is that I never made an attempt to clean out the fridge yesterday and I still have no plan for a menu. I'd like to make a solemn promise that I am going to get my **** together today but, until we have water and can do dishes, I am probably going to continue to eat leftovers on paper plates. I know it's a poor excuse but it's honest. Have I mentioned how much I would like the gas meter guy to come?????

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 9/24/24 3:24 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone. Come on Herbert! That's gotta be frustrating and I hope he comes through today. Your poor kitties!

Not much going on today. Yesterday ended up being rather stressful due to my mom and the neighbor thing. I ended up having to take some anxiety meds to calm myself down. I hate having to do that but it is what it is.

The situation with the cats is ongoing. Tange is such a sweetie that it breaks my heart. I think it's slightly better. When I get some extra cash I'm going to get some of the diffusers with the calming stuff. The collars didn't do much if anything. We tried treats and Percy won't touch them.

QOTD: I love matcha lattes. I also love a really spicy chai. I usually make them myself. We haven't gotten special coffees in years and years. I do love a Frappuccino with two shots of espresso.

Food is unknown right now. Nothing sounds good.

Mel

Dcgirl
on 9/24/24 4:35 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

HERBERT! Get your ass over to the Queen and Grims house! I'll be swinging a chicken for you. I can't start a day without a shower. I'm about to shower even though I'm going to the gym tonight (and then I'll shower again) because I can't even face a day withou****er. Not to make you envious - but, I understand!

I like an extra spicy chai latte but once it gave my my only time ever having RH! I was at a gate at the airport and I called NYMom to see if I was dying lol. She said nope, sounds like RH. I've never had it before or after. So now I'm cautious if I get a sweet drink. It's pretty rare.

Today is going to be a great day. Moderate amount of meetings, my cleaning ladies are coming to help me pack, gym, and kitten time! The kittens I am watching are rambunctious and hilarious. Their parents are so happy because I send lots of funny pics and videos.

Meals today...more crab, meat and cheese on fresh jalapeno sourdough, more crab. lol. I may add some popcorn. Thanks Wegovy, for keeping my food noise low and my appetite low. What a blessing. Lisa, I just read your post yesterday about your friend. From what I have read, Wegovy doesn't work for everyone. And, it seems best results are had on Zepbound. That being said, there are so many advancements being made with new drugs and pill formats etc so tell your friend not to lose hope! I imagine it's hard walking around at 500 lbs. I hope he finds what works for him

Queen JB
on 9/24/24 4:43 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I think Wegovy can help you make better choices but it's still a choice. For example, last night I was full, and I knew I was full, and there was absolutely no reason for me to have more food except that it tasted delicious and I wanted more. And so I had more, knowing I didn't need it. Wegovy can't stop willfulness.

Amy Liz
on 9/24/24 4:47 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I though you guys didn't have ho****er, I didn't know it was NO water! I would not be able to hang long so here's hoping Herb comes through. We are going to hire someone to finish the couch assembly. Fingers crossed that it was just our inability and not a product defect. The hoops for customer service before knowing ^ for sure isn't worth it. I have an early meeting and more report work today. I hope to wrap it up as quick as possible. I have a lot to do and a travel week next month - work doesn't stop for that.

QOTD - My stomach can't handle the Starbucks latte drinks anymore - even nonfat and SF ones. I got a tall nonfat, no whip PSL when they came out. It was so good, but ugh I felt so yuck after. I get regular or americano now. At home my favorite coffee is pike place w/half and half and pumpkin foam - yum.

Accountability - Good, 47 active minutes, 8,438 steps. 168.4 today, 30 minutes done on the treadmill. I nee to get my steps in, I'm slacking.

B- coffee, protein pastry

l - chicken, chopped salad w/crunchy edamame beans

d - tacos in zero tortillas

s - nectarine, cutie, jerky

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Queen JB
on 9/24/24 4:50 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Oh no it's just ho****er! Which doesn't sound so bad, except what is the point of water when you can't wash yourself or do dishes with it.

How are you doing pumpkin foam at home? Sounds yum!

Amy Liz
on 9/24/24 5:13 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Pumpkin foam If you like Starbucks pumpkin foam, you'll love this. It's so good, 20 cals and makes my coffee taste like a PSL.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Most Active
Recent Topics