What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Mkess
on 9/17/24 6:33 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning and Happy Tuesday,

Tuesday? You don't have anything compared to my desire to roux the day.

Im ruminating way too much on things that aren't worthy of that level of fixating.

QOTD- no carpeting, just rugs.

B: protein shake

L: smoked chicken

D: salad & some protein.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Sheila_H
on 9/17/24 6:41 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

JB - oh boy, so scary about your mom. Glad to hear she didn't break her hip. I guess these incidents are part of the package with aging parents.

Day 3 - Our descent into the forest continues (from 9,600 feet elevation to 6,500 feet). As you can see from our clothes the temps were more agreeable, although the mosquitos had a field day. Our guide had mentioned to use bug repellent spray and I thought I used a lot but seems like not enough. I am still paying the price with the amount of mosquito bites on my legs. Our 3rd night stay was in the jungle dome.

QOTD: we have carpet everywhere except for the kitchen, bathrooms and hallway downstairs. When we redid the craft room we did hardwood floor for that room but put a big rug in there to keep the room cozy.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • Chicken skewers w/cheese
  • L&F yogurt (pumpkin)
  • Protein Icecream - cookie dough
  • E: strength training

Happy taco Tue!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Lisa91941
on 9/17/24 6:58 am
RNY on 10/29/19

I wanna sleep in the hut, stay away from that skinny trail and I see that Kean has long pants and long sleeves on. Clearly he believed it when they said mosquitos!!

Gorgeous pictures, gorgeous girl.

Sheila_H
on 9/17/24 7:21 am, edited 9/17/24 12:27 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Oh yeah, he was much smarter than me. I was so sick and tired of my long pants that as soon as the temps increased I pulled out the shorts. If you were any closer I would show you the result of my stupidity.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 9/17/24 9:53 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Amazing pictures!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Lisa91941
on 9/17/24 7:08 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Yesterday I got all the stuff done. HIIT, groceries, other shopping, spraying the new furniture with Scotch-Guard, even a little Christmas shopping was done!! I parked as far away as possible from all my stores and logged 82 minutes of exercise yesterday and 10,176 steps. Even parking as far away as possible, I was running in place to make my step goal. Running in place while doing the dishes and cleaning the kitchen added yet another serious brain challenge. Food was almost perfect. I added in 10 Mike&Ike's candies. I do love fruity candy. All water, all day.

Today is our Egym on boarding sessions and I'm excited to try something new. I'll hopefully take my Tuesday Zumba + weights style class while Roger does his onboarding. If not, you can find me on the treadmill. I'm just wondering if walking out of the class into my onboarding will make me look like a wet noodle. I want validation on all this hard work I'm doing and I want the machines to set up at a serious challenge level.

I've got to make breakfast early so we don't go hungry as we'll be at the gym 2-3 hours . Then I need to pick up vitamins. I've been avoiding this and not being diligent in taking all my supplements and I need that to stop today. Not much else on the agenda today.

QoTD: We have porcelain plank style flooring everywhere downstairs. Wood stairs up and carpeting in the upstairs guest suite. A few throw rugs downstairs and a the hunt for a living room rug to help warm our sitting area continues.

bites today

B: egg, chicken sausage patty, TJ's potato patty

L: chicken salad and ten Wheat thins

D: I've already got a whole chicken buddy seasoned and resting in the fridge. So roasted chicken, red potatoes and green beans.

Peace!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Julia S.
on 9/17/24 8:17 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- The two bedrooms downstairs are hardwood. The rest is awful carpet, it was new when I moved in but some people don't wipe their feet when coming in so the high traffic areas are terrible. I have plans to remove it and put in vinyl plank or similar. The carpet has waves in it and needs to be re-stretched to get rid of them. It is too light, tan and white and I want it off the stairs because it is dangerous. I did all the work in my last house to replace the carpets, but honestly I don't think I'm up to doing it again.

I took yesterday off sick as I woke up with a splitting headache and nausea, I tried to go back to sleep without any success. The headache is still there but not as bad.

QJB I didn't hear how the back supporter worked. I ordered one from Amazon and I need to go by Whole Foods to return it. If anyone found one that works let me know which one it is.

I gave in and bought an automatic litter box, it will be here on Friday. I just hope that they will use it and I didn't waste my money.

I'm looking for a new Fitbit all of mine the batteries barely last for a day on a charge. I don't wear a watch so I'm looking for one I can clip on my pocket. Any suggestions?

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

White Dove
on 9/17/24 9:16 am - Warren, OH

When I bought an automatic litter box, I worried that my cat would not like it, but she went right to it and proudly used it. Mine was from PetSafe and called Scoop Free. It was really an expensive solution but did work well. Good luck with yours. Years ago there were automatic litter boxes by LitterMaid that worked really well, but that company started producing boxes that were poor quality and went out of business.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Grim_Traveller
on 9/17/24 1:23 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

I have the Fit*****arge 6 and like it. They sell a pocket clip for it and you can take the watch bands off. They have another (the Inspire, maybe?) that you can also switch out the band for a clip.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

White Dove
on 9/17/24 8:51 am, edited 9/17/24 1:51 am - Warren, OH

I relate completely to the bubble wrap idea and sometimes wish I could just do that to myself. I have weaker muscles now and low blood pressure bouts and started using a walker when I am outside. I hate that I have to do that, but don't want to fall on the sidewalk and not be able to get up again. The only thing I can say about your parents is that they have to accept that they are not as strong and agile as they used to be and need to be very careful all the tme.

There are exercises to help with strength and balance and I do those at my senior citizens center. Your parents might want to look into something lie that. There are people where I go that are in their 80's and some in their 90's and they are maintaining good balance.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 443 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 354 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 221 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 401 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 207 views