Happy Saturday weekenders! What's on your menu?

Amy Liz
on 9/14/24 5:33 am, edited 9/14/24 6:22 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Yesterday, oh boy. I had a lovely day, I took care of business and my facial was amazing but I hit the wine and snacks hard last night. I have since cleared the house of those treats and am ready to start a new day on track. Today, I am either hiking a docent lead 2 hour hike (but only 1.5 miles...), or just getting on my treadmill for a beautifully guided hike. I think the treadmill is winning right now. Since re-joining iFit, I have amazing options again and I want to take advantage of my membership. Otherwise, I have some errands to run and a fun party at my sisters house this afternoon with a catered taco bar so it should be easy to stay on track. No margaritas for me, no alcohol period for that matter.

QOTD - Are there popular words that drive you crazy and wish would go away? I watch a lot of cooking shows so for me, mine are umami and unctuous. They are overused and so cringe-worthy to me. Please stop! Others are juxtaposed and dichotomy - great words, but I feel like some people go out of their way to use them and it sounds forced and odd.

Accountability - none. I ate all the things. My watch battery died before noon but at that time I was 31 active minutes and 4,552 steps. I know both were actually higher. Today I am a holy **** 172.2. I am hiking today and staying on plan though so that number will come down.

B- coffee, eggbeater veg scramble

l - chicken leftovers, cucumber and tomato salad

d- Al pastor and taco toppings

s - nectarine, grapes, wilde chips w/cottage cheese

Have a wonderful day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Melody P.
on 9/14/24 5:47 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone!

Yesterday went very well. I can't get out of bed until 9 and my body is paying a great price for it. So so sore. It seems my anemia is quite bad. At least I think it is. I have failed to take my iron supplements every day. I've only got myself to blame, time to get to work. I'll be able to buy some profferin at the beginning of the month.

Nothing much planned for the day. We've got Randel so we'll be taking him out for lunch. He's such an easy going kid.

QOTD: overused for me is bro and like. Like like like. I don't mind it a little bit but when every other word has it it gets annoying. Bro is just over saturated.

B: eggs and coffee

L: ????

D: probably chicken.

my bloodwork results and a meme

Mel

Amy Liz
on 9/14/24 6:17 am
RNY on 11/21/16

If you don't prioritize your health, your health will fail you. Please prioritize what you can control, you're the only one who can.

Melody P.
on 9/14/24 6:22 am - Amarillo, TX

I've let depression get the better of me. Time to tap it down.

Mel

Amy Liz
on 9/14/24 6:31 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I know it's a vicious circle, I've been there. Each proactive step you take with your health could improve the depression by giving you less to beat yourself up about. It could even help you feel better.

Partlypollyanna
on 9/14/24 6:29 am
RNY on 02/14/18

if you're worried about your Iron, make sure they are checking your ferritin, also watch for trends across all your results -- what's "normal" for us/you might be on a lower or higher end of a range but your personal variation is where they get alarmed. The preferring will help, my lowest ferritin was 11 but now it stays in the 30s. Good luck!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 9/14/24 9:26 am - Warren, OH

Because of my kidney failure my hemoglobin goes low and I get a shot called Epo to bring it up. It is a very expensive shot of more than $1000 and the insurance will not pay unless I am under 10. I would start to be wiped out at 9.7.

But you red blood count is normal and I don't understand a lot about how to read all those things. You are not anemic, but your system does not seem to be handling things correctly and that is just my guess. I wonder if they could refer you to an hemotologist to analyse further and see if there is anything to help you feel better.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 9/14/24 6:20 am
RNY on 02/14/18

QOTD - on the cooking shows "I made for you" vs "I made" or "I made you" annoys me

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Lisa91941
on 9/14/24 8:02 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Yesterday was successful in many ways. 155 minutes of exercise, 11,017 steps, good food, new furniture, the little Grand's first home run. What's not to like?

Today all I have planned is shopping for new accessories to finish up the new living room. I'm giving myself the ok to pass on exercise as I've hit it hard every day this week. But if the urge strikes me, the weather is perfect for a walk.

QoTD: I really don't like it when people say Cali instead of California. No one I know who is from California says Cali. Weird that it bothers me so.

B: egg bake

L: maybe Chipotle's while we are out running around

D: Pork chop and sweet potatoes

Peace !

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

White Dove
on 9/14/24 9:33 am - Warren, OH

I love shows like Unsellable Houses where they come in and stage homes. Did you take any before and after pictures of the new living room decor? Would love to see them.

I am going to eat dinner at the country club tonight to celebrate my sister's birthday. She is turning 63. I am hoping they have something really different on their menu tonight, although all of their meals are excellent. I am in the mood for something I have never had before.

Pork chop and sweet potato sounds great and I am going to put that on my shopping list for next week's meals.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 254 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 381 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 378 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 19 replies · 191 views