What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 9/13/24 2:28 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning and Happy Friday! I am beyond happy that we are here. It was a long week at work and home. I miss Grim! He'll be home late tomorrow night and I am so happy to have him back. He's going to have to fight the cats to get the bed back, though. They've really taken over, haha.

Here is a blast from the past--my knee is all swollen and painful today! Grr. It has been so much better for the last few months and I can't imagine why it's so bad right now. I did a lot of walking around campus and have been over 10k steps Wed & Thurs but that's typical when I am in the office, so I really don't know what's different, but I am annoyed. I have a referral to PT, but the locations were all terribly inconvenient, so I need to call my PCP back and ask to find somewhere else.

QOTD: It's Friday the 13th! What's your favorite scary movie? I love some of the classics like The Birds, Psycho, and Rebecca. And I have to throw Jaws in there, too :)

Accountability: On plan. It's funny how much Wegovy wears off during the week though. I take it on Friday and have almost no hunger until Thursday rolls around. Yesterday I stayed on plan but I definitely had a few moments of really really really wanting to DoorDash some Chipotle for dinner. I resisted. Anyway, I am about to take another dose and if it's anything like the other weeks, I won't want to eat at all today. I'll make a plan, though.

• protein coffee
  • fairlife protein shake
  • ground turkey taco (insides)
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 9/13/24 3:37 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and yay for Friday!

Busy day ahead, 3.5 hour sales pitch that starts at 6 am my time and then back to back 30 minute meetings until I wrap up. I will be so ready to log off...I also think I need to do a presentation that's due tonight too but that might get done tomorrow early. I do have a fun weekend ahead, dinner and a concert tomorrow and a massage on Sunday, I will go to the correct place this time! I also thought about going to see a group I really like as they are doing a free concert tonight at a park across town but it's across town and I'm pretty sure I want to do anything after the work day ahead...but we will see.

QOTD - I don't know if I have a favorite, I don't really re-watch scary ones, once you know what's coming you know what's coming. My bestie and I were absolutely terrified by The Ring when we watched it though.

menu today

all the coffee with half an half! all of it.

greek yogurt

cheese

RGF chicken strips

glass of wine (maybe 2)

L&F pumpkin pie

Pictures today are of elephants! Elephants are amazing. I have a great 2 minute video of an elephant eating, they are very smart.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 9/13/24 5:04 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Wow - I love elephants! How close were you able to get? I imagine they would be very aware and weary? Or are they used to us?

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Partlypollyanna
on 9/13/24 6:52 am, edited 9/12/24 11:53 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

On the safari, the first one came about a foot from the jeep. Some of them stayed further away but for the most part they are curious. According to our guide, elephants and primate seem To be the only animals that realize there is something inside the jeeps.

Jen

Teenie
on 9/13/24 6:53 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

So Majestic. Enjoy your weekend.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Lisa91941
on 9/13/24 9:46 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Love, love, love these majestic animals and your capturing them in photos for us!

Amy Liz
on 9/13/24 4:59 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I'm off work today - yay! I am totally going to enjoy every minute. I started by getting up at the usual time, thanks to our kitty who doesn't care that I have the day off. I've done my time on the treadmill and had 3 cups of coffee and it's just 4:30am. I'm about to head to the donut place and surprise Rob for breakfast. Where did this energy come from? I have a facial later this morning, grocery shopping, errands and finally pulling the trigger on new living room furniture.

QOTD - I love scary movies!! I couldn'****ch any of it growing up or until I met Rob because I was scared to death!! Now nothing scares me and I love them. I'm partial to campy Stephen King, and the oldies from the 80's like Halloween, but throw in some Conjuring series, Orphan, Mama, weird stuff like that and you have me.

Accountability - ALL the sushi - I was a bottomless pit! I can usually only eat about 1/3 of this meal before a full-stop. Yesterday? I literally cleaned the plate and never felt full - heaven. 47 active minutes and 8,442 steps. Today I am 169.4 with 30 minutes done on the treadmill.

B- coffee, zero carb tortilla w/light cream cheese and EBB, protein shake

l - TBD

d- BBQ chicken and salsa leftovers

s -no more treats - you're done. Eat fruit.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Partlypollyanna
on 9/13/24 6:54 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Enjoy your day off and long weekend!

Jen

Dcgirl
on 9/13/24 5:00 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Awwww so glad Grim will be back tomorrow. And I'm sure the cats will let him back in bed solely because he is the ham purveyor LOL.

Jen, what beautiful pics! Wow! All of your trip pics have been otherworldly.
Q: I don't like scary movies. Side note, this isn't scary but it's not my normal genre, however I am binging "The Perfect Couple" on Netflix and it's sooooo good.
I have been lurking and not posting. I've been traveling for five weeks. My mom needed some ad hoc help so I'm in NC last minute. But the biggest news is that my partner and I are parting ways. It's a good thing! No condolences needed, I promise. The sad part is of course the kids, and the busy part is finding a place to move in the next 55 days. So I'll probably be here sporadically until I get my new life in gear!

Julia, I'm with you on the Wegovy! I did my **** Tuesday and Tuesday I ate half a bagel with cream cheese (airport), and a scoop of tuna. Wednesday was tuna for breakfast, a hard boiled egg in the afternoon, and crab for dinner with two bites of noodles. Yesterday was leftover crab, two hard pretzels, a hard boiled egg, and then I did succumb to 3/4 piece of pizza at night. But still! It's a miracle drug.

Todays eats: the last of the crab, 1 piece of pizza, a hard boiled egg, and rotisserie chicken if I need more food!

Have a wonderful weekend all!

Teenie
on 9/13/24 6:57 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good luck on your new adventure. Hope it takes you to where you need to be.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 405 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 254 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 382 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 379 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 19 replies · 191 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?