What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Emiepie
on 9/11/24 9:37 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Enjoy the pedicure lunch!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Lisa91941
on 9/11/24 8:21 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! It's finally cooled off and I just opened up all the windows and doors and the fresh air feels like heaven.

I did great on food yesterday, terrible with the wine. I hate when I do that. But here I am to face another day and take control. I clocked 112 minutes of exercise and 14,439 steps. I'm taking a rest day today though I may go out for a stroll because my legs are so tight and sore. My "forever fit" class leader tried to kill us all yesterday. And she is seriously like 80 so it makes you feel like you can't stop because...she's 80 and doing it. I was so tired I came home and took a nap.

Today Rog has an appt with his Inspire implant doc and I'll ride along with that and I should go to my surgeon's office and pick up vitamins. Other than that, there is nothing on my agenda.

QoTD: Driving into work and then working all morning. We dug out a little like 6 inch tv and kept in running all day. Such a terrible day.

Bites today

B: eggs and bacon

L: leftover smoked brisket and cheese

D: a little bit of ribeye, baked potato and corn on the cob. NO WINE!!!

Peace!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Julia S.
on 9/11/24 8:56 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- I was a cable splicer and our whole crew sat in the office and watched it on the news. I think we were all in shock. I remember those 2 weeks when there were no flights. It was so quiet.

I did watch the debate but it took several glasses of wine to get through it.

I changed my vitamins and it's thrown me totally off. I've done 2 vitamin D tests and both have been high. So I changed to a calcium that doesn't have any D in it and now things are not as they should be. I haven't had to take Miralax since right after surgery but I'm taking it today. Just that simple change has had such an impact on my body. It's frustrating...

I finally made it to the nature park, it was lovely. The leaves are starting to fall, it was 73 and you couldn't have asked for a better day. Last night the rain did come, but it's actually a relief. People are tired of the sun and hot temps, the webs between our toes dry out.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Mkess
on 9/12/24 9:07 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Wednesday,

Yesterday was interesting. I came across a young woman at the bus stop who was all beat up. I asked if she was alright and she said no and wanted help. I told her we'll get her on her feet by the end of the day. She was physically abused by her boyfriend the past few nights and had left her home in Wisconsin. She wouldn't stop shaking. She had her whole life with her; a suitcase, a duffle bag and a shopping bag overloaded with shoes. Her money & phone were stolen during a hitchhiked ride from Milwaukee to Chicago. She had not eaten or slept in days, while she was beaten constantly. I told her that I would get her a place in a DV shelter for the night. She wouldn't go, due to past sexual abuse in a previous shelter. I was able to get her a shower, water, food, ice packs & first aid stuff, creature comforts, use of my phone and at 10pm, in touch with her sister in Lansing, IL. I walked her to the train, and provided bottles of water, snacks, a footlong sub, drinks, a hoodie, and Tylenol. Even though my business took a big hit yesterday when I stopped my day at 1pm, I'm happy I was put at that bus stop to be of service. Sometimes, life is beautiful and ugly at the same time. I took the time together to pump her up, recognize her strength in leaving and asking for help, and shared my story to provide inspiration that there's always hope.

QOTD- I remember exactly where I was and how surreal everything was. I was working with people in the towers at the time.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt

L: grilled chicken, tomato, lettuce, avocado sandwich

D: Burger with my sister.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Partlypollyanna
on 9/12/24 10:18 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Very kind of you to help a stranger

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 9/12/24 3:28 pm - Warren, OH

You are an angel walking on earth. What a beautiful thing you did to help that poor young woman. I hope this turns her life around and she never goes back to the abuser. i hope she gets help so she never gets involved with another one.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 422 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 308 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 388 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 19 replies · 196 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 104 views