What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 9/11/24 2:02 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! Let's do this, Wednesday!

I got nothing today. Yesterday was the relatively boring work day I wanted/needed, which was a great change of pace from Monday's madness. In fact, it was so quiet that I was able to make a million phone calls to set up all the doctor's appointments I need. It was a total PITA to set everything up with a million new providers but I got it all done. Yay!

I'm taking the early, early train because without Grim here to drive me, I need to go early to get a parking spot at the station.

I got Wordle on the 2nd try, no hints on Strands, and no mistakes on Connections, so it's either going to be a great day, or I have already used up all the good juju for the day. TBD!

QOTD: Where were you on 9/11? I cannot believe it's been 23 years--it seems like yesterday. I had just started a new job as a Head Start director in downtown Boston. I think it was my 4th day or something. It was terrifying because one of the planes had come from Boston, so we weren't sure if there was a threat here or not.

Accountability: Good but I think the Mexican rice I added to my beans and chicken riled up my gerd so I didn't have it again for dinner. I had some plain chicken sausage instead. I'll plan on the same today.

• protein coffee
  • greek yogurt and grape nuts
  • mexican rice, beans & chicken
  • chicken sausage
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 9/11/24 2:31 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone. We're at the midpoint.

Not a lot planned here today. I'm hoping my mom will settle down today(same old same old stuff). We did a lot yesterday and my body is doing a protest. My neck and shoulder are just screaming along with my back. I've been having cramps in my sides too. If I alway certain ways it feels like someone is gripping the inside of my abdomen walls and I've been having a lot of nerve burn pain in my back and legs. I know I sound like a broken record but it is what it is.

QOTD: I was asleep when the first plane hit. My mom had been watching news and woke me. We then saw the second one and knew our entire world shifted to a new existence. I watched Peter Jennings that entire day. Being so far away from it I still get uneasy when I see airplanes in the sky line. I was 20 years old. It was just devastating.

Food is a bug unknown. I had eggs as usual for breakfast and probably chicken salad for lunch on low carb tortilla. Dinner may be shrimp.

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 9/11/24 4:39 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning! Yay halfway point!

good for you for getting all your appts made! I would probably drop the rice dish too if it was making me sick. We can choose to not eat things versus have to just because they exist. That's a hard less to learn and relearn and relearn, lol

today is just work, meetings back to back from 7 to 6, yay me!

Qotd - at wor****il we found out the evacuated floors 50-52 where the execs were but not the rest of the building. I packed up and went home.

menu today is

2 hotel room coffees plus a coffee with half and half

hard boiled eggs with pepperoni and cheese pack

greek yogurt with peanuts

tbd on dinner

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 9/11/24 4:59 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Today is going to be a fun day, it's my birthday - I'm 56! I've been thinking for the past few days that I was actually turning 57 and telling everyone I was 55 for 2 years now? It's just a number, I could care less but yes, I'm just 56. I have a few meetings today including one with my favorite state analyst, but otherwise, it's a celebration day at work. I have lunch with my kiddo and nice evening with the hubs. Birthdays aren't just one day anymore! I've celebrated some already w/more to come. The debate was interesting. I thought for sure I'd be done after 5 minutes, but I stayed to the end and even had a glass of debate wine - just one. Yesterday I went to sign up with a trainer at my gym (a nice local family owned w/4 locations that I love) and found out they sold that branch to a bro gym that planned to make big changes - no notification and I was absorbed. I was so upset that I cancelled. I decided to reinstated my iFit membership and discovered a nice pro upgrade that really made me happy. I got this. I have everything I need at home to be successful. I don't need no stinking bro gym.

QOTD - It was my 33rd birthday and I was at work. Everyone was frozen in shock and glued to the news. It was devastating,

Accountability - great, add a glass of wine. 49 active minutes, 9,693 steps. Today I'm 166.8 with 30 minutes done on the treadmill.

b- coffee, homemade oatmeal choc chip cookie!

l - Indian with kiddo

d- TBD with the hubs + wine

s - all the goodies!

Have a wonderful day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Queen JB
on 9/11/24 5:08 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Happy happy birthday! I hope it's 56x more fun than every other day!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Emiepie
on 9/11/24 5:31 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Happy Birthday

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 9/11/24 5:38 am - Amarillo, TX

Happiest of Birthdays! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Mel

Greateight
on 9/11/24 5:45 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Happy birthday, Amy!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

White Dove
on 9/11/24 6:33 am - Warren, OH

My friend's husband threw a surprise 40th birthday party for her. She was really turning 39. He hid her driver's license and other papers. She kept trying to tell everyone that she was really turning 39, not 40, and we all acted like she had just forgotten her real age. It was a great party.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 9/11/24 6:37 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Happy birthday!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 361 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 353 views