What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 9/10/24 2:43 am
RNY on 07/20/15

^^Oh man this was me yesterday. I can't believe today is only Tuesday. Yesterday was like a week's worth of drama in under a day. It actually started out like a normal day, but from 12pm - 6pm my phone was ringing off the hook with all kinds of weird stuff! I won't even try to predict what's happening today but fingers crossed for some quiet and calm hours.

QOTD: How is your posture? I have really struggled with good posture lately and I have started noticing more neck pain even when I am laying down. Last night I grabbed my phone in the middle of the night and googled any products to help. Anyway, Amazon will be sending me some sort of posture support thingy by 10am today and hopefully it will help!

Accountability: Good day food but not enough movement. I ended up adding some Mexican rice to my chicken and black beans and it was yummy. Of course, that doubled the recipe and I have a humungous Tupperware filled with it, but only managed to have 3 bites for lunch and 6 bites for dinner. I might need to rent a teenage boy to start feeding leftovers to, haha.

• protein coffee
  • greek yogurt with grapenuts
  • rice, beans & chicken
  • rice, beans & chicken
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 9/10/24 3:07 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Tuesday! Here we go again!

Busy and long Monday, 97 active minutes, lots of meetings plus a bookstore run (limited myself to 2) and dinner with a colleague. Great day! Today is just work and back to the hotel.

qotd - reformed catholic school girl here, I have great posture. Pilates also helped with that and helped me get almost a 1/2 inch taller in my 40s, when we are normally shrinking.

Today will be the first test of listening to my Fitbit, it says today is a rest day so I'm going to do an online stretching/yoga when I get back to the hotel.

Menu today

eggs and toast

greek yogurt with peanuts

Peri peri grilled chicken breast

have a terrific Tuesday!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 9/10/24 4:11 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone! Onto another day.

I have another dentist appointment today. We might go to the thrift store after. My neck and right shoulder is absolutely killing me, I left a message with the pt people if they don't call back today I'll try again tomorrow. I'm so over the phone tag bull**** but it's the game I have to play.

QOTD: pretty crappy since I hurt my back. It feels better on my back to stretch it out by bending over ever so slightly. I have tried posture correction things but it doesn't really help. I'm going to be one of those very hunched up elderly women. I've also been told that due to the pain I've favored certain positions that make it worse.

B: eggs, cheese and delightful slice of bread. Coffee to.

L: most likely a ala or wrap with a low carb tortilla

D: thinking shrimp

Miss Tange from yesterday and a meme.

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 9/10/24 5:08 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Pac-Man meme, lol

Jen

Greateight
on 9/10/24 4:27 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

7 work days until we leave for Asia!

My older son headed out to Colorado for a career fair at his college. They allow alumni to participate and last year he mentioned that people who could start working immediately were in the most demand. We are hoping that he has some luck with getting interviews, etc. Knock on wood.

I have a Dermatologist appointment this afternoon. Over the years, that has gone from a knock it out type of appointment, to a definitely going to be some follow up treatment type of appointment. So, I may be getting the liquid nitrogen today.

This Disney/DiSH Network carriage dispute is getting really annoying. College football and tennis are the main reasons we even have cable and now we have missed both plus Monday Night Football. Our service runs out in April and then we are going to try cutting the cord. We figure that will give us a few months to iron out the details before the 2025 season starts.

QOTD: I definitely have a curvature in the top of my spinal column. I'm sure that sitting at a desk has not made it better.

Breakfast: Bagel

Lunch: Ravioli

Dinner: salmon tacos

Have a great day, everybody!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 9/10/24 5:23 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good luck to your son.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 9/10/24 4:53 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin All!

this week and next are kind of busy, but it doesn't start up until about noon today. I'll be going over to my cat sitting job for about an hour, then I'll hop on a bus and go to class (I can only make it to one today - hope I'm not missing out on too much since I couldn't go at all last week). My brother is picking me up from class and we'll drive directly out to the airport since he has a 4:00PM flight. Then I'm going to a seminar-type thing on Alzheimer's that we were invited to (and I feel kind of obligated to go), which also includes a reception with food, and then home in time to watch the debate.

Accountability: too many calories lately. Other than the blow-out on Friday night, they haven't been THAT bad, but still, I need to rein this in or my weight is not going to budge. At least I've gone biking a couple of days - and today I'll get off the bus a few stops early and walk the rest of the way to my building.

QOTD: I'm a little hunched over. It may be my osteoporosis or it may be that I'm a little out of alignment because of my bad hip (which will be replaced in December, so hopefully that might help my posture a bit, too..)

coffee with half & half

protein muffin

protein shake

not sure about the rest of the day. I should probably take a protein bar or two with me so I won't get too hungry before this seminar. Otherwise, a table of food at a reception could be deadly

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 9/10/24 5:48 am
RNY on 02/14/18

What are your classes? I know you mentioned one on hip hop.

Jen

catwoman7
on 9/10/24 10:11 am
RNY on 06/03/15

my other in-person one (in addition to the one on hip hop) is on the Cold War (history dept). I was only approved last Friday (I guess some students must have dropped after the first class meeting). I'm also taking 20th Century American Popular Music on-line through UW-Milwaukee (mostly because I want to keep my student status there active because I think I'll only do online next semester (and you have to re-apply if you stay out a semester - which is kind of a hassle). I should be pretty much recovered from hip surgery when spring classes start up, but I don't want to deal with icy sidewalks that soon after. And UW-Milwaukee offers a lot more online classes than Madison does. Probably because they do a lot of outreach to working adults and second career people - whereas Madison still focuses primarily on traditional students (well, and research..). Although I think I'm going to really like this Milwaukee course...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Emiepie
on 9/10/24 5:20 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! I hope your day has less drama. I got through some of my monthly tasks yesterday and today I have a few zoom calls so far a pretty normal week so far.

QOTD: I have a hereditary hunch in my back/shoulders (my father, sister and I all have it) so posture has always been a challenge. Always tried to stand up straight but it was always nearly impossible and then forget about it once puberty hit and I wasn't comfortable being all "out there" if you ladies know what I mean.

TSS: 10 years

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Mixed nuts, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: TBD

ES: Protein ice cream and carbmaster toast

E: Rest day

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:TBD

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 361 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 353 views
Queen JB · 26 replies · 349 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 355 views
Queen JB · 17 replies · 110 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?