What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Amy Liz
on 9/6/24 7:36 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Wonderful pic's!! What amazing experiences you've had. I want to be you in my next life!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Greateight
on 9/6/24 4:07 am, edited 9/5/24 9:07 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

We had a great night last evening. While I was at Crossfit, Marilyn and the kids ordered Indian food from a place downtown and when I got home, we had a feast plus the NFL opener to watch. Marilyn also listened to tennis on the radio because we continue to be caught up in this Disney/Direct TV feud.

This should be a good weekend. Today, we have the Cubs rooftop event that I mentioned yesterday. Although I have been to many Cubs games, I have never been to a rooftop before. Ironically, we were invited to a rooftop for Pearl Jam, but already had our tickets inside the stadium. I am going to be very minimal today - no briefcase, just my phone and readers. And putting on sunscreen before I leave for work. I will probably Uber straight home to the suburbs. Rest day from Crossfit tonight. Tomorrow is gym, a few repairs, and watching college football with my youngest son. I think we will try the new Domino's NY style pizza while we watch the games. Sunday, Marilyn and I are going to the mall to get shopping done for our trip to Asia. All that I really need are books to read on the flights, so it will mostly be about the outdoor flowers and lunching for me.

Pictures are from Pearl Jam and last weekend in Oklahoma:

QOTD: We are going to a Roaring 20's gala, October 27th, so I will dress for that. I should get a costume for handing out the Candy. Maybe when we return from Asia.

Breakfast: Bagel

Lunch: Ballpark food

Dinner: Hopefully leftover Indian

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Grim_Traveller
on 9/6/24 6:00 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I've only seen those rooftop seats from inside Wrigley. But nope nope nope. They look really steep, and far too close to the edge. I would not enjoy that at all.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Greateight
on 9/6/24 7:09 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I'm afraid of heights also, we will see how that goes.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 9/6/24 7:11 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

You look fantastic Jim.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 9/6/24 5:04 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

wow today and the next couple of weeks are going to be pretty busy. The first thing on tap for today is going over to a friend's house to get instructions on her cats, because they're going out of town for a week and their regular cat sitter tested positive for COVID last night (I don't think the cats will care - but maybe the person isn't feeling the greatest...). Anyway, her two cats are only about a year old and VERY active (and VERY into things - as in getting in to everything - typical of youngsters), so this should be interesting. We're used to old geezers who sleep a lot. After that we're going to the annual brunch bash put on by the university's athletic dept for the student athletes and the donors (this is kind of weird since I'm not that interested in sports, but I do enjoy going to the women's hockey games, so we decided to set up a legacy endowed scholarship fund for women hockey players (in addition to the one we set up in my MIL's name at the vet school. And legacy means they'll be created after we die). So anyway, from now on we'll be invited to these kinds of events. I'm actually really looking forward it! This afternoon my brother wants to go biking, but I don't think the weather is going to cooperate. Wind speed is borderline, and there's a chance of rain - so we may need to postpone until Sunday. Tonight my wine tasting group is meeting. Oddly not many people have signed up to go - normally we have to turn away people due to the host's house size, and the fact it's hard to have a discussion when you have more than 10 or 12 people - but it seems like almost everyone is out of town or has other plans tonight. Hopefully this is not an omen, because I enjoy the group.

I got approved to audit a second class this semester. It came through last night, after classes had already started. I guess they must have had some students drop it, so there's now empty seats. I'd vowed not to take it since I got into the first one (a course on Hip Hop) and I don't want to over schedule myself again this semester, but I ended up registering after hemming and hawing about it for a couple of hours. I can always just quit going if it gets to be too much. The prof is supposedly a world authority on covert CIA operations (among other things, he testified before Congress on the Abu Ghraib prison torture case), and he's a decent lecturer to boot (I had him once before on a class on the Vietnam War), but again - more stuff when I really wanted to cut back on commitments this year. But he's like 80 years old, so I'm afraid he'll either retire or drop dead in his office before I get the chance to take another class from him - so I registered.

anyway, not much else going on in my world at the moment.

QOTD: no. The only time in the last several times that I've dressed for Halloween was at the 2022 OH Conference, when I went as a cat (black clothes with a black cat tail and black cat ears - and whiskers painted on my face - pretty mindless costume!)

I have no clue what I'm eating today due to the two events (not eating dinner here since there will be appetizers at the wine thing tonight). Outside of those two events, I'll eat some high protein things - both to make sure that I meet my protein goal - and also so that I won't be famished when I arrive at these events, whi*****reases the chances that I won't control myself.

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Amy Liz
on 9/6/24 7:42 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I forgot abt the OH costume party! I was a margarita, lol!

catwoman7
on 9/6/24 11:01 am
RNY on 06/03/15

you guys should have won the costume contest - such creative costumes!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Amy Liz
on 9/6/24 5:23 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Good news about your dad and ferritin levels! Last night, game one did not disappoint! Chiefs won by a toe! And Rob missed it! He crashed so hard after a few ****tails and a very long day, lol. Taylor was there, loved seeing her too. Fun! Friday is here ~ 1/2 day at work, pedi day, grocery shopping and errands. I love this day. This weekend we are going to see Beetlejuice 2 with the kids, should be fun and of course more football. I have personal goals this weekend - 100% on track food, beverages, exercise and to knock out my todo list, she's a long one.

QOTD - No. I always say every Halloween I will dress up next year, because how fun is that and I see all sorts of costumes and get great ideas. The next year comes, I draw a blank and do nothing.

Accountability - Great! switched out burgers for pizza (toppings) and salad. Pro tip - eat the salad first, you won't be able to finish your pizza toppings nevermind go back for more. 43 active minutes, 9,189 ugh! I didn't even check my steps until I was getting in bed which was way later than usual due to the game. It was too late for me to jump into action. Today 168.2, 30 minutes done on the treadmill.

B- coffee, protein shake

l - RGF burrito and salsa

d - leftover chicken and salad

s - whatever fruit looks good at the store today and jerky

Have a great day!

Emiepie
on 9/6/24 5:24 am, edited 9/5/24 10:28 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning on this Fri-Yay!! I'm ready for the weekend too. Great news on all fronts!! I am out early today for my shockwave therapy and then it's the weekend! We are finally taking Em out to celebrate her promotion (she had been working full days most weekends and then she got sick) and she picked Cheesecake Factory to we have that Sunday-yum!

QOTD: Nothing planned for this year

TSS: 10 years

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Mixed nuts, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: TBT

ES: Protein ice cream and carbmaster toast

E: 1/2 hour elliptical and 20 mins Pilates bar

V/W: On track

Totals: TBD

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 405 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 254 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 383 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 379 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 19 replies · 191 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?