What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 9/5/24 1:10 am, edited 9/5/24 1:13 am
RNY on 07/20/15

It's Lil' Friday and I am ready for this week to be over. We had a kind of crazy thing happen at work (that I can't talk about, of course) but it's going to negatively affect my department for a few weeks, so we are steeling ourselves for the madness. Naturally my body thought that sleeping and resting to prepare would be a bad idea, so I have been up watching TikTok since 1am. Apparently Grim and I are on opposite sleeping schedules. He got up shortly after we went to bed, and literally the minute I got up this morning, he went back. It's nothing personal, right? lol.

QOTD: Do you still write checks? I haven't whipped out a checkbook for anything in about 5 years I think. I do write digital checks through my bank account to pay bills, of course, though. Have you followed the "Chase Bank Glitch" news story? Kids who have never written checks before discovered that they would write checks for huge amounts, like 30K and Chase was making the entire amount available at the ATM without wait, so they were taking out big amounts. Now kids are learning about bouncing checks and check fraud. Yikes. Apparently thousands of kids saw this "hack" and have tried it and they are all about to get arrested. God, people are stupid!

Accountability: I had a little breakfast and dinner but only managed a handful of almonds and lifesavers during the day. I was starving! I haven't lost any weight this week, and I am on the cusp of going down a 10lb mark that would be exciting to see. I hope it's tomorrow!

I think that since I am awake and hungry I am going to start the day with "dinner" and eat lighter from there.

• protein coffee
  • cheeseburger (no bun)
  • Greek yogurt & almonds
  • Caesar salad

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 9/5/24 2:42 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone!

Miss Tange is out in the wild that is our house. She has knocked over the trash can, she seems to REALLY like pork chops(the bones were in the trash lol). She has knocked over a full tray of chainmaille rings and such. Normal kitty stuff. She has a clean bill of health and is indeed a girl! The other cats are not fans yet.

My dentist appointment is still on that I know of today. My myelogram is on the 13th. Didn't think it'd be hat soon but I am grateful it is. My stomach bothered me allll day yesterday. Mango salsa seems to not like me. I found some whipped feta at the grocery store a few days ago and it's so good! I'm hoping for a do nothing day but we'll see.

QOTD: no, It has been 7 or 8+ years since I have.

B: Eggs, cheese, chicken sausage and coffee

L: pp pancakes and a chicken sausage patty

D: undecided.

Mel

Queen JB
on 9/5/24 6:19 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Wow, very cool that is a girl. Orange female cats are super rare!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 9/5/24 11:48 pm - Amarillo, TX

She is so tiny but a really fun cat so far!

Mel

White Dove
on 9/5/24 10:04 am - Warren, OH

So glad that Tange is healthy. I have had bad luck in the past with adopting strays and dealt with feline leukemia and feline aids. I would spend a lot of money trying to get them healthy and end up losing them anyway.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 9/5/24 11:48 pm - Amarillo, TX

We have only ever had rescues and strays. We had one cat die of the feline leukemia and it was devastating. The vet gave us hope when she shouldn't have, just so sad. We were so relieved when Tange tested negative for it!

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 9/5/24 3:13 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Thursday! The weekend is just over the horizon!

QJB sounds like there's a good reason why your university has a robust and senior hr team, it's always something! They needed you!! Glad you have interesting work at a place you are enjoying.

I have a massage scheduled this afternoon, yay me! Just have to get through a busy work day and earn it. I also need to fold all the clothes I washed yesterday and Tuesday. My next round of GOTV postcards are supposed to arrive today and I'd like to get them done before I go back to work travel so depending on when they get here, I might start them tonight too.

QOTD - when required.

Accountability - I was really craving a burger yesterday so I went and had one. It was not as good as I thought it would be. I should have gone to 5 guys. 63 active minutes yesterday!

menu today

greek yogurt with granola

salami and cheese on naan

tbd on dinner

One of the adventures we went on was a meerkat safari in Oudtshoorn (pronounced Oat's Horn). The family that own this area has habituated the meerkats to groups of about 10 people (they don't feed them or anything so they are still wild but not scared of people that don't move). So you go before dawn and sit in your lawn chairs until they come out. Because it was winter, we didn't have to be there until 7 am (in the summer, it's before 5!) and we didn't have to wait too long, only about 40 minutes...and then we watched them for about an hour until they went off to do meerkat things!

Have a fantastic Thursday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 9/5/24 3:27 am
RNY on 06/03/15

those meerkats are so cute - I would have loved that!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Melody P.
on 9/5/24 4:56 am - Amarillo, TX

I love meerkats! Thanks for sharing your adventures with us!

Mel

Emiepie
on 9/5/24 5:28 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Enjoy the well earned massage!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 319 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 316 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 321 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 270 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics